End of Round Awards

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: End of Round Awards

Just one post if i may, about those who left their alliance to go to a better one.
I can understand having arguments and internal conflicts with some members and deciding to leave your ally. What i think it's the lowest form of slap in the face is to rely on your alliance to save your ass all round long, they protect your sorry ass, your acres, your troops just so you decide at one time .. Hey, thanks for getting me fat and strong, i'll run to the enemy and use all the goods you sacrificed so much to save against you.
I would understand if any of those 4 was unhappy with his alliance and go solo/move to an alliance outside top 3/ delete or if you leave the alliance early in the round just stay out of the current wars and when it starts to cool down you can try to go in any alliance you want. But in the middle of the war to run to the enemy it's the weakest and lowest way to spit in the face of the members who cared about you.

Sorry if it's too harsh, i have nothing personal against those, i wasn't even in the ally when the trio left to Enigma it's just that since ever i was highly disgusted by this kind of ship jumping.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

I almost agree but tbh i've been in an alliance before where it wasnt fun and i left to join a rival because at the end of the day its a game and if a game isnt fun why spend the next 5-65 days playing it???? sorry just my two cents but i like Gohan and have no problem with him leaving the ally for the reasons he did in fact i respect him for it and im in exactly in the same position with Seetal who is a great guy a fantastic player and im lucky to have got to play a round with him

In short while we play hard and put so much of ourselves in time and emotion to the game we should just all grow up and let people enjoy playing a game and have a little fun ourselves :)

Reub

Pruner

IceOfFire said:
2. Interlude - Dont take this as sour grapes, as you also got my best alliance of the round. But i just think it must have been a very boring round, political win. Meh...I loved the wars this round, you guys played it safe, but in all fairness you won GV. So well done. So you get my best/Worst alliance Lude.

The thing I don't get its... When you play Bushtarion, and your contending for the win, don't you do what ever you possibly can to get that win? (without breaking the rules). I mean yes we did use politics alot and we also fought. We did everything we could to try and win and we did. I bet you also did IOF but it didn't turn out that way. You can't tell me you deliberatly didn't use politics because diplomatic wins are boring.

Reub

Pruner

Quitus said:
f0xx said:
Okay, I wasnt here for the most of the round so I am not going to comment on most of the awards, but what I see is that some people have hard feelings about fredd.

I dont know what exactly makes you say such things about him, but since my real start this round I've been talking and playing with him, he is a good and relyable player, very dedicated aswell. If the definition of a good player for you guys is someone who is able to hoard acres like there is no tomorrow, then I feel really sorry for you. I also feel sorry for him having to play with you.

Peace.

Btw f0xx, thanks for the support, seems that you know him as well as i am, and the other argies, that know him better tahn me, lol.

I played with fredd too (i put him in the ally at first place). All the people that are talking sh** about fredd are on my ally. lol, The only thing i have to say is that he´s a good guy and better player, allways defend and never refuses get everybody on if needed. Somehow some of my alliy mates ended up hating him cause he was asking for help to get land, he get it at the end but it was too late he got tired and left, lol.

Anyhow he´s an awesome player and you´ll be happy to have him in your team.

Don´t wanna make some issue about it i just wanna put this clear.

Foxx, and Quitus if I showed you some of the mails he sent me and irc logs of the abuse he used to throw at me and other Lude members each day for prettty much no reason. Foxx, you tend to put words in peoples mouths as I never said we only like land whores. I like players who can attack by themselves and with others. Not rely on others to let him send geos with all their attacks, when we all need land not just him. Yeah he was great for sending txt msgs and pranking people, but IMO worst player I have ever come across. And most immature person for his age. Some of the things he said....

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Reub said:
I bet you also did IOF but it didn't turn out that way. You can't tell me you deliberatly didn't use politics because diplomatic wins are boring.

Enigma offered to be on our side when they first died to Inter + Pestif and we kept attacking them 1:1. IOF told me Podunk gave him a warning to stop all attacks on them if we want to count on their support to attack Inter with them. At that time Inter was playing the good guys, making cash sitting on acres and sweet talking with everybody. So IOF told me about the warning and we decided it would be too booring if we play it safe too and nobody would have the balls to do first move as it was likely the most passive alliance to be asked by the one loosing the 1:1 to help them get revenge in return of giving them the valuation win. It wasn't imo poor political play just an orc heart hungry for blood :p I have to admit tho i was hoping twigley to jump on Enigma aswell and then fight it out 1:1 with us. That's why i didn't gave twig the award for best leader, he would certanly deserve it most from the top 3 but the way he achieved what he wanted was a bit too soft for my taste :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer

geezus guys, let me get my awards in before you get this thread locked.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Reub said:
Foxx, and Quitus if I showed you some of the mails he sent me and irc logs of the abuse he used to throw at me and other Lude members each day for prettty much no reason. Foxx, you tend to put words in peoples mouths as I never said we only like land whores. I like players who can attack by themselves and with others. Not rely on others to let him send geos with all their attacks, when we all need land not just him. Yeah he was great for sending txt msgs and pranking people, but IMO worst player I have ever come across. And most immature person for his age. Some of the things he said....

First, if he had sent the mails you are speaking of then he must have had a damn good reason. Second, I have seen people worship players like Gohan and Cityguy who are (were?) nothing but landwhores and on the other side you have players like fredd who have problems with stealing land but will always be there for you and your ally and will watch over your precious acres every night so you can sleep in peace...

Also, remember that he left his top 3 ally and joined another that is much lower ranked, unlike some other people who tend to change sides so easily...

And one last thing... for me planning an attack or finding a target for someone in exchange for his loyalty is a price that is too low. Was it so high for you?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

without wanting to extend the bitching much further...but i feel i should comment on fredd

I played with him last round in CP, and he is a very good player. Alot of people fell out with him as (similar to what others have said) he constantly asked for help attacking, which is fine ofc...BUT...when he would see people landing having not told him to follow, or if someone didnt help him get land he went completely crazy and started shouting and swearing about how much money he had spent on BCs for the alliance etc etc....
Hmm, while that sounds like i am saying fredd is a bad player i am simply describing that to you before i say...that he is a very good player, and a nice guy to play with...(from what i gather) he has a pretty full on work life...and so while he is active...can sometimes not have time to search for targets etc..

Anyway, re-reading through my post it seems like im bitching about him, where as im trying to defend him...he is a nice guy..just gets frustrated i think...

(I will post my awards and shiz when i can actually be bothered)

Darryl

Head Gardener

^^^

That is to be the last post on that issue, let's try to keep this topic in good-spirits so it doesn't need to be locked, thanks.

Ivan

Weeder

IceOfFire said:
Alliance of the round

Worst Players
1. Gohan - Clarified as a HUGE SQ.
2. Monk3h/Cid/Seetal - Ship jumping monkeys, all gone inactive.
3. Astral - 3 week sleep in top 10.

ppl like u always tend to jump to conclusions without actually looking at the facts. how about u get the real scoop first before making accusations.

If u want to find out how about u mail me or pm me and find out what really happened before posting.

Second Monk3h/Cid/Seetal did the same thing for their own reasons. i guess they realized early in the round that they didnt want to be with u. and that u tried recruitting just about everyone in the game!
i still got a couple mails saved from u. if u want i can post them here how u were sucking up :lol: and trying to recruit me.

Third Astral slept for his own reasons. if a person that needs to take time off to study for school dont u think he is allowed? what are u saying ppl shouldnt have a life just because they are in top 10 they have to keep on playing. This game is nothing of importance. after the day is over its still a game.

Astral

Weeder

Just a few thoughts:

1) it would be nice to see awards/memories and good times from members from other alliances who has been taking part in bushtarion, i dont know such as, Desolation, Khaos, DW,, NCAA, AverageJOE, etc.. I mean, they've been playing the game too, and it would just be awesome to see how they have enjoyed the game rather than having the awards focusing on the big 3. Sure... the most impressive most dangerous/poor sap players should be mentioned, but i thought we have statistic for that don't we, what about awards for those that have really impressed you while you play, or even have made a fool out of themselves, or whatever comes into mind. tis a community after all, just not sure if these guys feel unimportant when posting in this thread after seeing the first two pages "predominantly" concentrated on the biggest and bestest, and on the "big 3".

2) The trend about these awards seem to be: the impressions about alliances/players tend to be decided by the last few weeks of the round, which is biased upon what ppl do or try to do to impress on the last couple of weeks. It's quite biased in my opinion, but who can blame ppl for not remembering what happened earlier in the round right? say... if there's some guy who do something really stupid in the next two days, he'll be mentioned, for sure... Also there are other players who took part in the game for the first half, but had to leave so they are not around for this "award ceremony", or around enough for the last few weeks to make an impact on these awards. but because of that... ppl forget how impresive/good they played in the first half.

3) anyone counts how many awards they get these days? genuine serious question without any hidden implication or mocking.

4) Oh! I also llike the fact how so many posters in this thread has like 1 or 2 posts! Thought that was awesome! not sure why they only have 1 or 2 posts though. I also have like 3 =D

just my 2 cents :D

antisback

Head Gardener

Alliance of the round - Interlude, maybe i didn't like your tactics of sending 3mil geo's each to a resistance attack of 500k geo's but you played a very tactical round and were not afraid to employ "Brutus" tactics to win.

Best Offensive Alliance - Pest, we didn't have *too* much problem defending inter or enigma but when pest joined in too, we had some trouble

Best Defensive Alliance - I can't really think of any other than us, and i don't like to blow my own trumpet, pretty much every ally outside top 4 was easy to rush and land on

Honourable Mention Alliance - MindTheGap

Worst Alliance - avalanche/Average Joes, for whining about my uber unorganised mass attacks on gpols constantly :p

Best Leader - IoF

Worst Leader - Enrico (Avalanche)/leader of AJ's sorry but theres one thing i can't stand and thats whining about inc

Player of the Round - Allied - Masa for never complaining and getting straight to it when i said, "I need these people on to defend this one"

Player of the Round - Solo - Poss Martin, But shame on the top ally's for not exploiting a Major weakness with his route, Hell i would've quite happily landed on him if i'd bothered to get a high enough score

Best Offensive Player - L o r d Of Masturbation ( dunno who it was) did 25bil score damage to me this round :p

Mention to reub too i suppose, stole a good 3k land off my and did a good 10bil damage (dammm tl's suck this round)

Best Defensive Player - Saint1d/Masa would wake Both ever contactable and would get on straight away (it was their rounds off ffs :p)

Honourable Mention Player - Signer, why didn't you play rpg's that well when i made you go them in blackadder :p

Worst Player - A group of three (suspect multi) solo's who'd biker/jeep rush our poms for nothing more than spite constantly

Best Official Helper - Bobbin! Him Awesomeness defy's all

Best IRC Op - The Squif Meister

Best Forum Mod - Who cares tbh :p

Best Moment of the Round -
Died: 520,351,012 [£8,149,027,873,000] enemies dead. 4,537,728 [£295,655,113,500] friendlies dead.
You gained 4,043,110 effectiveness.

Worst Moment of the Round - None Really, Been a fairly entertaining last round :)

Alvestein

Garden Designer

tobapopalos said:
Player of the Round - Solo - Tobapopalos - Didn't Cheat so beats the 50 above him.

BOOYEAH! Take that, biatches!

I knew 2 hours a day activity would pay off eventually :p

you two spooning for 4 hours a day doesn't count!

Astral said:
Just a few thoughts:

3) anyone counts how many awards they get these days? genuine serious question without any hidden implication or mocking.

just my 2 cents :D

heck i skim most of this thread unless i see someone who usually posts interesting stuff or i see something which is to do with me or a friend. but tbh thats only because im sad and most of this thread is just flaming :p

Signer

Pruner

Alliance of the round - Interlude played a good round no question.

Best Offensive Alliance - Pestiferous definitely had some of the best attackers and were always up for an attack.

Best Defensive Alliance - Khaos as mentioned many times before, not an outstanding alliance for attacking but they knew how to defend and ward off attackers.

Worst Alliance/Leader - Enigma - Kept together by a couple of players. Will Enigma help us, won't they, dragged on way too long and Podunk decided way too late, and even then were very unwilling to help.

Best Leader - I enjoyed playing with IoF but sometimes needs prompting on how to deal with some members. Although Lukey played a very good political game I don't think I'd have enjoyed playing in Interlude as much.

Player of the Round - Allied - the_master was always a willing, contactable defender and cg is always a good member to have if you need to see some awesome battle reports. I think Lordeh and Tractor have proved also how invaluable they can be in an alliance.

Player of the Round - Solo musmorok of dunno, another bg but was incredibly active never got a hit on him :(

Best Offensive Player - DS and his crazy activity and persistence.

Best Defensive Player - Defenders of Home in Khaos was very active and a good defender, and being the only PoM in the alliance for a while means IoF deserves a mention for constantly being pranked.

Best Moment of the Round - Harassing numerous solo robo/striker/f117 players.

Worst Moment of the Round - Suiciding on a big SA inc on DS

Splatter

Weeder

Alliance of the round - Didn't keep up too much with the top 3, but I think Interlude did great :D

Best Offensive Alliance - Like Antis said, Pest always gave us trouble when they sent :p

Best Defensive Alliance - Outside the top 3? What Ant said :p Even though I dislike saying it

Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld! You guys stuck together for the whole round even though you took a mighty beating, you guys deserve a better finish than you have :p (in value that is)

Worst Alliance - Avalanche, Average joes/Anyone who whined when we hit them :p

Best Leader - I suppose IoF was the best, but I think Azreal (KHaoS leader) did us proud this round by doing what he did :D I'm still not exactly sure what it was, but it worked.

Worst Leader - Avalanches, Average joes leaders - Complained when we hit them. However avalanche have stopped so Kudos for that!

Player of the Round - Allied - Masa, no competition about it. He was always there when we needed him - hell we must have woken him up three times in one night once, did he complain? Not even once :D Brilliant defender, understood that we needed him and never complained!

So, thanks Masa ^^

Player of the Round - Solo - I didn't keep up with any of the solos this round.

Best Offensive Player - Reub I'd say, he was the only person to attack us who we actually gave thought to defending :p

Best Defensive Player - Masa, Antisback and Invader.

Masa for just being active and always there, Ant and Invader for always organising excellent defence.

Honourable Mention Player - Rich! (Azreal) for having continued KHaoS this round and having convined everyone to join us :p

Worst Player - Uhh, no one stands out in my mind, however I'll just give it to anyone who whined when I attacked them :D

Best Moment of the Round - Can't pinpoint it to a single moment, but it was definately whenever Invader found out I'd zeroed myself again :p

Worst Moment of the Round - Oh, that time when Masa called me and I thought it was about quarter to 2, so I was like 'Woot! I slept past midday!' Got online and turned out I'd misread my alarm clock and it was actually quarter to 12 :D

Drakonius

Weeder

Least impressive players: I'll only post those that i had higher expectations and their performance was weak during the round.
Drakonius - He put alot of activity and skill into a solo pom account just to refresh and evacuate from biker rushes. Didn't saw him doing any attacks in 1month+. Such a waste :p

I have to agree DS. Got really busy with work about 1/2 way through the round. I didn't even bother with the PU this round. This is my lowest activity round (3.8 hours) since I started with only 59 attacks and I'm sure I got all those in the first couple of weeks lol

CFalcon

Official Helper

Splatter said:
Worst Alliance - Avalanche, Average joes/Anyone who whined when we hit them :p

Worst Leader - Avalanches, Average joes leaders - Complained when we hit them. However avalanche have stopped so Kudos for that!

Very selective memories alot of people in this thread have :| I suggest re-reading the gripe thread.

Well I guess Interlude are the best alliance for winning it, but I think Khaos have done a great job staying very consistantly rank 4. They must have taken alot of punishment from the top 3, but haven't wavered once.

Player of the round, I have no idea. But Santa (don't think he uses forums) deserves a mention for being a heroic defender.

Worst player: all the solos abusing the system.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Well it's been a fun and laid back kinda round.

Had a gathering of solos, can't believe the # of people and talent that at least started out as solos... my solo channel at many points especially early on were the makings of a great alliance. Too bad most of us cba to play properly this round.

Sorry I wasn't active in the channel as often as I liked but then again, I made it for a home for those who needed one or those who just wanted to hang out. Ended up being a refuge for a few alli members that were in the middle of reshuffling.

We were active in wars. Lots of solos had ally alligiance, but we were spread out and really just hit wherever the acres were.

Thanks to Don, Pete and Bully for being my pnaps (Don left for Enigma after the first month). Vannila thanks for being my attack buddy. Thanks to Toby, Martin, Cheese and Nightmare for holding down the fort as OP's.

Best Solo: There are quite a number of sizeable solos that did NOT cheat. You guys are tops. CLem will get special mention for his restart and incredible climb with a route that he plays very very well.

Average Joes: Thanks for all the poms until you disbanded!

Desolation: Thanks to you too!

Thanks to all the solos that kept me entertained. At peak times during active wars we had at one point 30-40 solos in the channel and ready for movement.

Although I lost alot of good solos to Allies, there were no commitments. I appreciate everyone who came in and hung out for however long making my last round enjoyable.

Rock on peeps.

damfrankie

Pruner

Alliance of the round: Seed, they did a lot of crazy stuff; had themselves destroyed and made a great comeback; they make this game fun

Best Offensive Alliance: Pest; they had the best attacks on us, and they still appear on our incs screen, even with only a few days left in the game

Best Defensive Alliance: (as I will not name ourselves) --> Mind The Gap; I haven't landed once on them, although I really tried.

Honourable Mention Alliance: Dutch_Angels; always around and always there for better and for worse. I think they have their first real war now and they seem to turn that one aroundin their favour too.

Worst Alliance: Criminals; there's always one of these alliances around; full of shipjumpers and bad egos. They changed their player base each day. (made me think the Retardophobia alliance I was in last round; a lot of good players but still a bad alliance)

Best Leader: Azlev(KHaoS); you don't have to be the best player to be the best leader. he knows how to keep it together, create loyalty; asks opinions; explains decision and keeps up the good spirit.

Player of the Round - Arild; I don't know how he does it; I hardly seen him all round, but he still clims the ranks like no other; great to discover you were back at bush this round old friend

Player of the Round - Screams of Silence. No explanation needed

Best Offensive Player - Humper; The way this guy attacks and collects acres in the first stages of the game is incredible

Best Defensive Player - Masa; always there

Worst defensive player - Humper; Humper playing POMS is like Federer playing table tennis; it just doesn't fit

Worst Player - Some Leftovers guy that kept complaining I was hitting him, but still kept climbing back to my attack range :)

Best Moment of the Round: First few days of the round; I seemed to have the math's back in order again and was near top 10 for a few days.

Worst Moment of the Round: The attack I forgot to recall

cervantes

Pruner

Alliance of the round: Well, as always the alliance on top at the end did better than all the others to get there, be it by wars or politics or a combination of both. So it is very easy to say that Interlude is the alliance of the round. We did quite well in the wars and Twigley played an excellent part in the politics, which always was a and always will be a (if not the most) important part on the road to victory. However, my vote in this category goes to pestiferous, because they kept fighting even after losing three big players to enigma and being brought down, because they managed to steal land faster than no other alliance, because they are the most effective alliance around, because they are active/reachable like hell, and because they never stop bugging us with their nasty little stealth attacks. So Kudos to Pestif!

Best Offensive Alliance: There is no clear winner for me in this category. True, Pestif are the best rushers, but rushing is not everything. Organizing attacks plays another big part in being the best offensive ally. And I can only speak for my alliance, but Lukey did a very good job in organizing, not only for us, but also in the wars to bring another alliance down. The combined IRC room was always waiting for Lukey, wich tells enough about his quality. So the best offensive alliances in my opinion were Pestiferous and Interlude.

Best Defensive Alliance: We did quite well in defense, blocked most of it and hurt the attackers a couple of times, so I give the vote to us: Interlude. Another reason why we are the best in defense is the fact, that we were also able to pull an excellent and very succesfull counter attack as defensive strategy when we were under high presure.

Worst Alliance: No idea, there are about 20 alliances around, but I only was involved with the top three, so it is impossible for me to say which one is the worst of the round. Everybody keeps saying Enigma were, but they are top ranked, so they must have done something right. But if I had to choose from the top three, then my vote would go to enigma, because they never really knew what they wanted and they were less active and less reliable.

Best Leader: At least that is easy. Best leader was Twigley. He was active like hell, always contactable and he sacrificed a lot of sleep all round long (damn, i wish i was still a student :p). He was a good defense organizer, he was pulling the strings in the back and played the politics just right. And he always knew what he was doing, so yes, Twigley is the logical choice here :)

Player of the Round - Allied: Lukey. He was not only active like a maniac, he was also putting a lot of effort in to be succesfull this round (sometimes so much that it was almost annoying, no offence buddy :p). He kept pushing and trying hard all round long. And as I said he was playing a big role in the wars when organizing attacks. Kudos Lukey, nice job and keep it up!

Player of the Round - Solo: I will give this one to hobo. He was flakked so many many times, and still kept going, I think I would be so frustrated that I had deleted way early in the round.

Best Offensive Player: Well, there are many ways to play offensive. One way is to rush people with lets to get kills and effectiveness. This is not my style to play but it is Darksider's. He rocks and has a huge lead in effectivness as well. So yeah, he is the best killer around. Another way to play offensive is to attack mainly for land. This is my sytle :) I saw one dude do really really well in stealing land, he joined us with a hand full of acres and is now top ten. He gained his acres amazingly fast, ery impressive. This guy is Recon. Great job!

Best Defensive Player:what does that mean, best defensive player, the one who defends the most? The one who saves most land? The one who kills most in defense? The one who organizes defense the best? Probably all of it. I cannot point out a winner in the whole playerbase, because I havent experienced defensive play in other allies. But from what I saw in Inter, this one should also go to Twigley. Because he did great in all the points mentioned above (except the kills naturally ;))

Best Moment of the Round: Seeing the biggest battle report i was ever part of:
Died: 2,445,209,170 [£68,722,142,936,800] enemies dead. 1,517,164,962 [£65,067,115,376,300] friendlies dead.
This was just a crazy amount of dead lets ;)
Another good moment was when we stole 40k acres from Pestif in retaliation. Awesome :)

Worst Moment of the Round: Realizing that a highly respected member of this community is cheating to win the round in valuation. Martin, I never thought you would go so low and need to do that, I am really disappointed. Another downer is the fact that he will get away with it, since Azzer was away while it happened.