Diablo 3

Coruba

Head Gardener
Now I am a bit surprised this has not yet got a mention on here but I believe at this time tomorrow in New Zealand it will begin. Will probably start off as the wizard and am looking forward to it.

Is there anyone else playing it btw?

Also as I am currently rank 1 here it probably would be a great time to attack me during this time of bushtarion inactivity.

Max

Garden Designer
I've watched a lot of clips and Wizard+Disintegrate looks AWESOME lol!

If I had more money and wasn't saving for a deposit, I'd go out and buy this game. Instead, I'm sticking with Diablo 2 for now and having semi-regular LAN parties with ex-university friends :) But if we had the money I assure you we'd all be playing Diablo 3 instead soon!

I'd love to hear what you think of it Coruba when you start playing.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Been watching diablo 3 and guildwars 2 closely. Opting for Guildwars. Don't have the time nor money for both!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I didn't play much of the demo for Diablo 3. I think if you're a die hard fan it is obviously going to be for you but in all honesty I just didn't see what all the fuss was about (Graphics weren't anything spectacular, the start of the game completely failed to interest me).

Miss.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I didn't play much of the demo for Diablo 3. I think if you're a die hard fan it is obviously going to be for you but in all honesty I just didn't see what all the fuss was about (Graphics weren't anything spectacular, the start of the game completely failed to interest me).

Miss.

That is because you're a complete fool! Diablo 3 is amazing, and the demo was quite awesome. I'm somewhat surprised you didn't like it, but to each their own!

I am getting it 8 AM tomorrow, and playing it non stop :p

Also Blizzard hasn't released a game yet that wasn't spectacularly popular, as well as awesome, so I'm rather optimistically hoping D3 will rock my socks!

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
My laptop sucks and I can't afford a new one :(

This is the only reason I am not getting D3

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
FYI, Diablo 3 = amazing. Bought it this morning, only stopped to make a sandwich and then back to playing. Glorious.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
FYI, Diablo 3 = amazing. Bought it this morning, only stopped to make a sandwich and then back to playing. Glorious.

well i was thinking about trying it, but then i read something about being able to buy or sell gear online with money. and iam really dont want to be sucked into that kind of wow pit thole
hmmmmmmmm

Alvestein

Garden Designer

well i was thinking about trying it, but then i read something about being able to buy or sell gear online with money. and iam really dont want to be sucked into that kind of wow pit thole
hmmmmmmmm

because you're scared of spending all your money? :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I've lost ALL my friends to Diablo already :'< damned soul harvesting beast that is blizzard

CFalcon

Official Helper
Gotta agree with DA; haven't played the previous ones, but the graphics look at least 5 years old. I know games aren't all about graphics, but basically I play RPGs for the graphics, for awesome looking characters doing awesome looking things to awesome looking monsters in awesome looking locations. If I want to have to think strategically I'll play an RTS, if I want a reflex based adrenaline rush I'll play a shooter, and if I want a gripping story I'll read a book. For the price of a brand new game I'd want something that looks better than warcraft 3.

And don't get me started on online-only DRM.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
4170246_700b.jpg

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Gotta agree with DA; haven't played the previous ones, but the graphics look at least 5 years old. I know games aren't all about graphics, but basically I play RPGs for the graphics, for awesome looking characters doing awesome looking things to awesome looking monsters in awesome looking locations. If I want to have to think strategically I'll play an RTS, if I want a reflex based adrenaline rush I'll play a shooter, and if I want a gripping story I'll read a book. For the price of a brand new game I'd want something that looks better than warcraft 3.

And don't get me started on online-only DRM.

Play it before you judge it. The battle graphics are incredible, the landscape graphics are very pleasant and detailed. Definitely not anything like five years old. The game is really quite a whole lot of fun. Haven't really stopped playing it since I got it, other than to ****, eat, and sleep. It's awesome.

This is an awesome game, with awesome characters, with awesome battle animations, fighting awesome monsters, in pretty awesome (if classic RPG) looking locations.

Diablo 3 looks like the new game it is, if you think it's comparable to warcraft 3, then you've perhaps been playing the wrong version :(

Online only DRM is obnoxious, but it doesn't really affect me all that much.

All in all, 10/10, despite server issues, and emergency patches, the game is just glorious. Detailed, incredibly entertaining, and remarkably in depth for an RPG. :)

Max

Garden Designer
It contains comedy too - I saw a video clip today of a witch doctor who summoned a giant frog that ate the enemies around him one by one, was hilarious :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah. Witch Doctor ftw. Barbarian also ftw :p

But yeah, I didn't mean anything personally hostile to you CF, I just see so much random negativity based upon the beta, and screenies. PLAY THE GAME. it'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, it'll change your life.

Diablo 3 is to Diablo 2 what Starcraft 2 is to Starcraft. It's my childhood wrapped up in a shiny box, and revamped with prettier graphics epic storylines etc.

I recommend this as highly as I possibly can.

Your_Mum

Weeder

But yeah, I didn't mean anything personally hostile to you CF, I just see so much random negativity based upon the beta, and screenies. PLAY THE GAME. it'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, it'll change your life.

Diablo 3 is to Diablo 2 what Starcraft 2 is to Starcraft. It's my childhood wrapped up in a shiny box, and revamped with prettier graphics epic storylines etc.

Maybe CF is looking for excuses not to play the game. It sounds like it could be very time consuming. I don't like long drawn out games with lots of side missions etc. I like linear ones. It's not that I think they aren't good games, it's just that it's so easy to spend lots of time doing pretty much nothing. Exactly why I don't play RPGs. Ditto Dimitar's post lol.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Maybe CF is looking for excuses not to play the game. It sounds like it could be very time consuming. I don't like long drawn out games with lots of side missions etc. I like linear ones. It's not that I think they aren't good games, it's just that it's so easy to spend lots of time doing pretty much nothing. Exactly why I don't play RPGs. Ditto Dimitar's post lol.

Diablo has always championed the linear play style, D3 is no exception, it just seems so smooth and seamless you would hardly notice ;)

And I understand not wanting to get stuck in, but DAMNIT IT'S AMAZING.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Anyone got this? Playing on the UK servers? Message me your battletags and ill add you and get a game with ya :D. I started playing the game 3 weeks later then the release date due to exams so only got one character lvl 55 atm, act II in hell. Hopefully catch a game or two with a couple of you soon :D