dev gripes. no one in particular

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
edit: sorry was tired, thought i put this in the gripes thread

sometimes people need to buy early round lethals and not rely on everything being gurued, and in every alliance you get those willing to buy a bit to stem a tide, and those that are just waiting for thier next tech, and just complain... this is my complaint about the second group of people

1mill heavy thug kills 10 mil flak. is sent at a different eta. and can be faked by everyone to everywhere as there is only flyovers out to check defence. yet people dont buy enough to do this. you get instead other people buying sgt's and privates and all sorts. and those who can buy useful units doing jack..... pretty frustrating.. and as for sorc players who dont buy any apprentices. just gtfo or learn the route.

that is all the griping i need to do today. see you next time, when someone else doesnt buy units that are useful in thier tree and ultimately needs to learn tha balance of saving and helping!

Last edited:

zhouj

Harvester
sometimes people need to b uy early round lethals and not rely on everything being gurued, and in every alliance you get those willing to buy a bit to stem a tide, and those that are just waiting for thier next tech, and just complain... this is my complaint about the second group of people

1mill heavy thug kills 10 mil flak. is sent at a different eta. and can be faked by everyone to everywhere as there is only flyovers out to check defence. yet people dont buy enough to do this. you get instead other people buying sgt's and privates and all sorts. and those who can buy useful units doing jack..... pretty frustrating.. and as for sorc players who dont buy any apprentices. just gtfo or learn the route.

that is all the griping i need to do today. see you next time, when someone else doesnt buy units that are useful in thier tree and ultimately needs to learn tha balance of saving and helping!

1m HT is 40% of the PB dev cost or 770k less pb at finish.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

not every thug player is pb. and keeping the land by scaring off incoming is gonna net you and your alliance more monies over all for your units. im on about mass incomings. from some flyover junkies. 12 + alliance members covered, each member has one or two attackers. each incoming has 12-21 million flak. launched at 3-4am so no one is on, thats close to 200m flak for what 3 guru players normally with 3-4m guru each, you can stop 30% of the incoming and that assuming people send enough sweepers. if you have that sort of incoming. and are losing 2,000 acres a tick in your alliance.....you need to wake up, and do the useful thing, and who says you cant start the dev then spend. if you just have pb anyway your'll just get last ticked you need a few ht to be effective.. and they can sweep too.

if your not on the same page zhouj you are probably one of those yourself, selfish players, im not saying keep buiying troops and delay techs. im saying you're tl a cheap ass route, you can afford to spend some. just like gurus players are buying 3-5million gurus. at half the price of heavy thugs. least heavy thugs kill and scare off the flak in early flak wars. makes them look for better targets.

if you dont understand the difference then nvm. you may do one day.

Last edited:

zhouj

Harvester

not every thug player is pb. and keeping the land by scaring off incoming is gonna net you and your alliance more monies over all for your units. im on about mass incomings. from some flyover junkies. 12 + alliance members covered, each member has one or two attackers. each incoming has 12-21 million flak. launched at 3-4am so no one is on, thats close to 200m flak for what 3 guru players normally with 3-4m guru each, you can stop 30% of the incoming and that assuming people send enough sweepers. if you have that sort of incoming. and are losing 2,000 acres a tick in your alliance.....you need to wake up, and do the useful thing, and who says you cant start the dev then spend. if you just have pb anyway your'll just get last ticked you need a few ht to be effective.. and they can sweep too.

if your not on the same page zhouj you are probably one of those yourself, selfish players, im not saying keep buiying troops and delay techs. im saying you're tl a cheap ass route, you can afford to spend some. just like gurus players are buying 3-5million gurus. at half the price of heavy thugs. least heavy thugs kill and scare off the flak in early flak wars. makes them look for better targets.

if you dont understand the difference then nvm. you may do one day.

Thanks for putting together three paragraphs in response to my one-liner. I'll go back to massing my privates.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Shush zhouj his point is valid and everyone from big allies too small allies to solos could learn the benefit, only ridiculoys activity will let the mass flak strategy work otherwise u have to defend. Ie, get some uxeful units and dont be a pussy.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I always find buying a few HT is a good plan. I normally would never buy more than 500k though unless it was truly extraordinary circumstances. Always better to lose a little land, and start a tech earlier, than to spend on "pointless" troops.

As far as the circumstances you're talking about willy, where you have a huge wave to contend with, it's always fun to play around with HTs, since you won't be able to stop a lot, but you can cause a fair bit of havoc with a coupla hundred k that is sort of a "**** you don't come back" attitude.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i dont want to criticise zhouj as i can't remember ever playing with him. but from what i saw last round with him having mostly flak and few useful troops 90% of the time just to amass land, and from his post i can only assume he expects to be carried. i remeber getting an angry complaint from crazy last round because our three HT players with stun bots sweeping killed off 40m of his flak for no land. funny as hell. and knew it was him as he forgot to change his id to private before round start. he said words to the effect of "well done, youve delayed your tech and you will pay for it." was funny as im pretty sure i was first to tech tl. so yeah real delay. not half as much as buying 40million flak and losing it though :D

These simple joys that make bush worth playing, that zhouj will never know. Caring more about rank than fighting will lead to quiting the game sooner, or later, cos its a hollow play style with no real challenge. that gets dull or frustrating. But yeah alot of people do tend to play selfishly then whine when they cant get their land saved. frustrates me when there's people and routes able to do damage but they dont buy even a little. even to sweep.

HT get over 1:1 on pure geos. and are actually good for continuous mass incomings at this stage in the round. and pb take like 2-3 days to tech with modifier... plenty of time to save! 3 days of seeds from reduced incoming. minus 1 million HT funds. or endlessly raped. if you cant see the benefit then you probably already stopped reading.

Max

Garden Designer
Solo 5m HTs + 1m WKs = Win.

I even had time to tech Hacking before PBs and didn't lose land :p

zhouj

Harvester
i dont want to criticise zhouj as i can't remember ever playing with him. but from what i saw last round with him having mostly flak and few useful troops 90% of the time just to amass land, and from his post i can only assume he expects to be carried. i remeber getting an angry complaint from crazy last round because our three HT players with stun bots sweeping killed off 40m of his flak for no land. funny as hell. and knew it was him as he forgot to change his id to private before round start. he said words to the effect of "well done, youve delayed your tech and you will pay for it." was funny as im pretty sure i was first to tech tl. so yeah real delay. not half as much as buying 40million flak and losing it though :D

These simple joys that make bush worth playing, that zhouj will never know. Caring more about rank than fighting will lead to quiting the game sooner, or later, cos its a hollow play style with no real challenge. that gets dull or frustrating. But yeah alot of people do tend to play selfishly then whine when they cant get their land saved. frustrates me when there's people and routes able to do damage but they dont buy even a little. even to sweep.

HT get over 1:1 on pure geos. and are actually good for continuous mass incomings at this stage in the round. and pb take like 2-3 days to tech with modifier... plenty of time to save! 3 days of seeds from reduced incoming. minus 1 million HT funds. or endlessly raped. if you cant see the benefit then you probably already stopped reading.

Yeah, I'm so pro that I got Warlord by massing flak.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

I didnt want to pick on you, or take the mick. As i genuinely havent played with you and you might be an alright guy despite first impressions. but that sarcastic rebuttal. no i cant let that lie. That's too funny.

Are you serious.. you just proved my point! rank one effectiveness that's your bragging and proof of competency? really!!! that some how shows you didnt do exactly what i said you did; play selfishly and land whore?

i dont want to criticise zhouj as i can't remember ever playing with him. but from what i saw last round with him having mostly flak and few useful troops 90% of the time just to amass land, and from his post i can only assume he expects to be carried.

first thing is effectiveness scales with size of the battle, so its easier to get at higher ranks anyway!.. and is related to everything including land stolen, and damage received as well as done! and you stole alot of land, fought a lot, and died a lot.
But you could replenish your meagre troops as You never kept many lethals and kept suiciding flak and lethals to get land. of course you got rank one effectiveness playing like that. look here's a BR as an example

Battle Report - Defending X
[range] 142,102 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 1,603,546 hostile staff.
Died: 1,603,546 [£3,679,570,000] enemies dead.

You gained 2,576 effectiveness.

Vs

Battle Report - Defending Y
[close] 500,000 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 547,904 allied staff.
[close] 1,070,312 allied Yob attacked, disabling 447,562 hostile staff.
[range] 130,000 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 1,002,712 hostile staff.
[close] 10,000 allied Private attacked, killing 9,658 hostile staff.
[close] 499,006 hostile Private attacked, killing 527,391 allied staff.

Distracted: 547,904 [£1,677,272,400] friendlies distracted.
Disabled: 447,562 [£2,685,372,000] enemies disabled.
Died: 1,012,370 [£2,513,663,000] enemies dead. 527,391 [£1,686,652,600] friendlies dead.
You gained 3,289 effectiveness.

I only sent white knight, and they died. I killed less, against a smaller incoming, lost all the men I sent, and got more effectiveness than I did by getting kills with no losses.

And your flaunting it like its some kind of amazing achievement, that some how it proves you did anything but suicide, mass flak, die alot, and re-buy your troops only to die some more! never being an asset to your alliance.

So yes, yes you did get warlord by massing flak, (along with being active, dying a lot, and being carried in a rank one alliance, so you could be land fat enough to play like that and not risk losing land, basically being selfish). well done. but to me that's not pro. Jog on.

Last edited:

zhouj

Harvester

I didnt want to pick on you, or take the mick. As i genuinely havent played with you and you might be an alright guy despite first impressions. but that sarcastic rebuttal. no i cant let that lie. That's too funny.

Are you serious.. you just proved my point! rank one effectiveness that's your bragging and proof of competency? really!!! that some how shows you didnt do exactly what i said you did; play selfishly and land whore?

i dont want to criticise zhouj as i can't remember ever playing with him. but from what i saw last round with him having mostly flak and few useful troops 90% of the time just to amass land, and from his post i can only assume he expects to be carried.

first thing is effectiveness scales with size of the battle, so its easier to get at higher ranks anyway!.. and is related to everything including land stolen, and damage received as well as done! and you stole alot of land, fought a lot, and died a lot.
But you could replenish your meagre troops as You never kept many lethals and kept suiciding flak and lethals to get land. of course you got rank one effectiveness playing like that. look here's a BR as an example

Battle Report - Defending X
[range] 142,102 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 1,603,546 hostile staff.
Died: 1,603,546 [£3,679,570,000] enemies dead.

You gained 2,576 effectiveness.

Vs

Battle Report - Defending Y
[close] 500,000 hostile Hippy attacked, distracting 547,904 allied staff.
[close] 1,070,312 allied Yob attacked, disabling 447,562 hostile staff.
[range] 130,000 allied White Knight attacked, slaying 1,002,712 hostile staff.
[close] 10,000 allied Private attacked, killing 9,658 hostile staff.
[close] 499,006 hostile Private attacked, killing 527,391 allied staff.

Distracted: 547,904 [£1,677,272,400] friendlies distracted.
Disabled: 447,562 [£2,685,372,000] enemies disabled.
Died: 1,012,370 [£2,513,663,000] enemies dead. 527,391 [£1,686,652,600] friendlies dead.
You gained 3,289 effectiveness.

I only sent white knight, and they died. I killed less, against a smaller incoming, lost all the men I sent, and got more effectiveness than I did by getting kills with no losses.

And your flaunting it like its some kind of amazing achievement, that some how it proves you did anything but suicide, mass flak, die alot, and re-buy your troops only to die some more! never being an asset to your alliance.

So yes, yes you did get warlord by massing flak, (along with being active, dying a lot, and being carried in a rank one alliance, so you could be land fat enough to play like that and not risk losing land, basically being selfish). well done. but to me that's not pro. Jog on.

Right, because you don't get the most eff for killing stuff? Oh.

Thanks for also omitting the h/f values. Either you don't think they matter (probably) or you're obfuscating the reality.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It's not my argument. Why on earth would I defend you, king of the flakwhores. It's you who has to rebut points, not me. But good one. :(