DaX's PW for January 2011

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
World 3 is up and ready for signups!
The PW will begin on 25/1 (Tuesday), at 18:00 GMT - If you know anyone that signed up and hasn't registered an ID, let them know to mail me for the password!

-----

CURRENT SETTINGS:
DISCLAIMER: I may change some settings in the first 2-3 days, but there will be no major changes at all (ie, no world reset) unless absolutely necessary.

Title: DaX's Solo World
Game Mode: Standard
Ticking: No
Ticks Start: 24/01/11, 20:00
Tick Speed: Every 10 minutes
Ticks: 1 / 2016
Starting Cash: £100,000,000,000
Starting Land: 25,000
Sleep Mode: Disabled
Anti-Rape: Enabled
"Multi-IDs" allowed: No
Donation Protection: Yes
Alliance Naps: Disabled
Personal Naps: Disabled
Alliances: Disabled
Members (Pub/Priv): 5 / 5
Development Costs: 15%
Development ETAs: 20%
Open Tech Trees: No
Dev. Multiplier: 1
Base Bounty: 20%
Base Insurance: 60%
Developments: Unlimited
Max Devs: Unlimited
Recalling Disabled: No
AR Mod Disabled: No
H/F Multiplier: 100%
Pure Solo Disabled: Yes
Signups Per Account: 5
Places: 65

-----

MODERATORS:
Ogluk, Changer & LaFiN will be the moderators of the world, so they will be keeping an eye out for any clear team efforts, or signs of multi-ing. Neither of these will be tolerated, and like world 1, there are no second chances if you are caught. I'd like an Oceania admin if possible, that will be relatively active to keep watch when others will inevitably go to sleep - So PM me if you're interested! :)

-----

RULES, AND STUFF:
Anybody can play, so long as they post in here or ask me via PM - I'm trying to make it fun for anyone that wants to have a go. Yes, I have made public ID's a must. It's to add to the fun of the world, not to spoil anybody's rank. If I wanted, I could access everyone's nickname and ID number in the PW management settings and see them anyway. It just negates this possible advantage I might have over everybody else.

Routes; I have disallowed Bunkers entirely - As it is a lame route for private worlds, and all it does is pisses me off.
I have said Vampires will be frowned upon (but not banned, so to speak) - This is because they have a glitch that can deprive players of insurance, and this would take away the point in having a high-insurance world. If you pick this route, be prepared for a fight with a fair portion of the PW. It is meant to be fun for all, so please consider this before picking Vampires, please.

Myself; I'm not playing to win the world. I'm just having fun and keeping an eye out for any misdemeanour's in my world. I've taken a route that poses no threat to anyone in particular, but obviously that doesn't rule me out as anybody's target. If for some reason I do get to rank 1 near the end of the world, I'll restart the ID. I personally think it's lame as hell to win your own PW.

Get passing the word around, not the password - Remember, no one is allowed in without asking myself first, and you will be deleted if you aren't listed in the list below!

-----

PS; If this PW goes well enough that the heavy majority enjoy it, I will make this a bi-monthly solo-based tournament. So any oldbies that you may know that are bored of world 1 as it is, I beckon to come and enjoy some contact-unfriendly gameplay in my tournaments, and re-live the days of where you can actually attack and kill people!

-----

CURRENT PLAYERS: 57/65
DaX - Admin/Creator
Ogluk - Admin [UK]
Changer - Admin [UK]
LaFiN - Admin [US]
Dave
Drinker
Davs
Insomn
Chris_
Grissom
R3bel
Bruce666
Ed
DA
MacMikey
Berzy
No-Dachi
Penguin
IoF
Spike
John
Godsend
Max
Lanky
Monster_Dog
Recon
Ranzou [?]
Hugo_Stiglitz
Alci
Kiwibacon
Martin
Netherdragon
Boogie
Enrico
[yoyo]
Leeroy
Ignit
Peanut
ZeHatMan
ArchAthens
Tobabapolos
Rlaxx
Coruba
Ell-Ess
Mel
Timthetyrant
FFX
Tesh000
Dopje
AndyCrotty
FeR
Kingdroid
Tolly
Kurosaki
Benis
Atsanjose
ZigZag

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
solo-based = win
I'll consider it but don't know how much I'll be around at the time

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Yeah guys, anyone that doesn't really like the idea of solo-play only I would direct to applying to Dave's mini-alliance PW. He's got some nice ideas.
On the subject of bounty, I put 90% insurance in to keep people rolling smoothly, and 15-20% base bounty is to provide constant targets for everyone. It's sort of akin to the world Azzer made after Round 35 crashed - Minus the inability to recall or send to HQ. Sleep mode will be disabled too, and the H/F system is intended to prove who really are able to play this game properly. Basic AR without the mod % is to deter double-teaming, whilst making as many people target-able fairly as possible.

Also, for those that are unsure of their availability, I'm more than happy to wait until the end of the coming round (or start it when the round becomes inevitably stale, with the PW being purely for fun it shouldn't really affect play in W1 anyway) or find an area as many are happy with as possible.