Cyborg Gardners

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Okay, i know this will sound low, lame etc.
But i think Cyborg Gardners are overpowed.
I mean look at this.

[close] 5,000,000 allied Sentry Turret attacked, killing 5,014,839 hostile staff.
Now you all gonna say.
"But ofc, they are armor based, as they are "cyborg""
Then explain this.
[close] 500,000 allied Bunker attacked, killing 647,638 hostile staff.

Cyborg Gardener is */* defense based, at a cost of 4,200
Bunker is */***** offence based at a cost of 95,000
Sentrie is *****/* offence based at a cost of 115,000

So the cost ratio for this is.
95,000 / 4,200 = 1:22.6!
115,000 / 4,200 = 1:27.3!

and the kill ratio is 1:1?!

/Gripe

Dafydd

Pruner
That doesn't look right to me, but I can't see a reason why it would be.

Your sure it was only CG?

I'm assuming they got land?

TaO

Tree Surgeon
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 212,200,000 people from XXX [XXX] will arrive to attack you.

System hack on XXX [XXX] successful:
Staff
Gardener [1,548,883] Harvester [138,287]
Combine Harvester [200,000] Hippy [5,000]
Yob [100,000] Wheelbarrower [100,000]
Geo-Phys Thief [904,987] Small Droid [0]
Cyborg Gardener [173,478,052] Shield Android [20,000,000]
Cybernetic Warrior [5,000] Tyrant Drone [4,000,000]
Crazed Droid [0]

in total it was
10m Gardner
1m geo's
200m cyborg
1.5m harvies

And yeah he did land. i dont mind losing the land, but i mean, this guy is spammed on cyborgs, and hes only 40% of me!. and he managed to land..

Elderveld

Official Helper
Bunk/sent even have 25% damage bonus. i mean wtf! they are taking less damage than tractors ffs!

Turnip2k

Harvester
* Does 25% more Health Damage against route(s): Generic
* Does 25% more Armour Damage against route(s): Generic

Cyborg Gardies are not generic.

These Offical Helpers are slipping in standards :p

Elderveld

Official Helper
Woops, thought: CG = growing seeds ect... so quicklink to generic!

anyway i found something other strange, verry strange in wich i cannot explain why it happend! :S

[close] 6,980,207 allied Hippy attacked, distracting 5,478,159 hostile staff.
[close] 18,870,138 allied Yob attacked, disabling 3,081,548 hostile staff.

vs CG! how.... strange?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Hippys do more armour than Yobs, Yobs do more health than Hippys.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I'm not quite sure how the battle engine works but ...

If you had 500k armor strippers vs 210 mil incoming that means 1 bunker fired on more than 40 troops. If sentryes don't primary aim the stripped units there are big chances alot of their firepower is wasted on not stripped cg's.
Just trying to find some logic in that scenario .. since idd sentryes killing cg just 1:1 on cg's with no armor left would be ridiculous :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm not quite sure how the battle engine works but ...

If you had 500k armor strippers vs 210 mil incoming that means 1 bunker fired on more than 40 troops. If sentryes don't primary aim the stripped units there are big chances alot of their firepower is wasted on not stripped cg's.
Just trying to find some logic in that scenario .. since idd sentryes killing cg just 1:1 on cg's with no armor left would be ridiculous :p

That's what it would be.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
they still seem a bit overpowered for a unit that costs 4,200

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't think so. You have to look at it from a different point of view. CGs aren't a unit you get for free. You're sacrificing the power of PAs and autos, or nanos and stuns, for better flak. So I think it should be pretty good at what it does, which it is.

CFalcon

Official Helper

This doesn't happen. Sentries would primary aim at stripped units.

The problem here TaO is you have a ridiculous ratio of bunkers to sentries, and you have *vastly* overestimated how much armour damage bunkers do, especially considering only the ALL component is firing, so you're firing at 30% efficiency.

Sentries killing stripped CGs at 1:1 would be ridiculous, but they're not firing at more than ~2mil stripped CGs, because you have so few bunkers firing.

EDIT: And, as Toby says, they're not overpowered in the slightest, 'cos to get them you have to give up the massive benefits of autos/PAs, or stuns/nanos, and effectively survive on small droids until CWs.

Last edited:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
EDIT: And, as Toby says, they're not overpowered in the slightest, 'cos to get them you have to give up the massive benefits of autos/PAs, or stuns/nanos, and effectively survive on small droids until CWs.

I don't really agree with that part, all players want some INN to get their lands no matter the route they're going. When you buy cg's you don't give up on PA/auto or other let but you have a better INN instead the gardeners other routes need to buy.

And since bunkers are half of what they used to be .. yeah it's quite possible sentryes to aim at stripped units first and 250k old bunkers wouldn't be able to strip too much anyway :p

Zaheen

BANNED
They have already been nerfed about five times since Round 8, I really doubt they are overpowered.

Bunker/Sentry combo alone is pretty weak on armoured flak anyway;

Bunker * LET Kills [all] LET ALL 70 £95,000 I * ****** * *****
Sentry Turret * LET Kills [all] LET ALL 80 £115,000 I * ****** ***** *

Don't forget their primary target is LET anyway - only 30% of them fire on INN. You can't just own everyone, everytime =]

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Hasn't this already been posted about? CG are fine as they are IMO, you sacrifice another LET for a more helpful INN staff unit, simples.