Conflicted

d00ner

Pruner
I thought I would visit and see whats what. I dont know if I am happy that this is still here, or annoyed at the lack of activity. I would be gutted if bush disappeared as so much of my youth was spent here, but equally its like seeing the family dog deaf, blind, 3 legged and ******** itself - Just put the poor thing out of its misery.

There are names that I still remember, I know their personalities, their typing styles, their play preferences... and yet they are just made up internet names. I wont ever see them again, nor will I talk to the people behind them. So many inside jokes, so many community jokes that 'outsiders' dont get, but nobody to share them with. Its the house that I grew up in, with no furniture, stained walls smashed windows and a condemned sign.

Azzer, on the off chance you see this in 4 years time, shut this place down.

https://xkcd.com/1305/

So long, thanks for all the fish.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Beautiful.

Absolutely.

I'll never forget seeing out of the corner of my eye, one of my now best mates IRL randomly playing this game in our IT class at school (Franny).
I'll never forget the first time I logged onto the virus IRC after disconnecting and seeing my Ghost in the channel and thinking it was someone pretending to me be, just for PBJ, Zane and {g}Weirdo to laugh at me.
I'll never forget meeting some of you guys IRL at Angelas.
I'll never forget hosting Azzer and Dematto at my place as a broke Uni student.
I'll never forget winning my first round as a Leader and the bond I had with random unknown players accross the world (Lukey <3).
I'll never forget how this game was an outlet for me, where I could rage, flame, strategise, maniulate and play politics in a pretend environment and how well thats served me.
I'll never forget how I created a persona of an egotistical spoilt brat leader to draw attention away from my alliances in order for them to get on with winning.
I'll never forget Frand Ferdinand - This fire due to it being my highlight song (Cold sweata)
I'll never forget how pointless end of round awards are.
Never forget TBA.

I'll never forget #Bushtarion.

If only this game could be converted to an app based game that had some resemblence to bushtarion, to get the community back together.

Azzer - Could it happen?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Of course it could happen, but it won't. Float on, wayward bloated carcass.

Illumination

Head Gardener
Dematto....another name I havent heard in forever. Funny how these names ring familiar. So many years playing- so much life since- seems like a life time ago!

TheRealJason

Digger
Ok maybe I'm the minority here but I say THANK YOU Azzer for keeping it up and running.

I still have a lot of love for this place ;)

Illumination

Head Gardener
Agreed!
Many of us did meet other players in real life- so it wasn't just text and typing styles! We are connected in other ways now, but the origin of the friendships is an ancient text based game. How quaint!

Elevnos

BANNED
If only this game could be converted to an app based game that had some resemblence to bushtarion, to get the community back together.

Azzer - Could it happen?

I mean a few weeks of coding I could probably do something similar, the issue is I don't have the money for things like servers plus there's copyright problems and stuff.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
098.jpg

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester

Azzer - Could it happen?

I mean a few weeks of coding I could probably do something similar, the issue is I don't have the money for things like servers plus there's copyright problems and stuff.

The main problem I've run into is writing the back end for this game is dull and repetitive. I have a basic ticker working, finding motivation to work further when you hate front end development and have a million more lucrative things to be doing is hard. If you are interested in collaborating though, I'm happy to share my code. Written my ticker in java with postgresql for a db.

Steve_God

Official Helper

Azzer - Could it happen?
Possibly, but even if you:
  • Bootstrap the pages to make them responsive.
  • Make the menu system collapsible, and mobile friendly.
  • Create an app that is nothing other than a browser rendering the site, with a landing screen while it loads, and a cookie cache to auto-login.
All the layouts of the main content pages are hard coded for wide horizontal viewing, you'd potentially have to re-engineer the layout of each page while you're at it, which would make it a long and tedious task, needing more drop down menus to be added... or even stripping content out into sub-pages to improve the user journey, and avoid scroll overload on a small screen.

Can't see it happening unfortunately.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Dreams crushed.

There arnt really any tick based games around anymore. The genre isnt seen on the app store - is there a window of opportunity :O