Clubs in Amsterdam

Tim

Harvester
So this is one for all the Dutch people on here... me and my best mate are going over to Amsterdam for a week in April for my 25th and as well as the usual stuff we were hoping to catch a nightclub or two.

One of my ally buddies has suggested Melkweg, Jimmy Woo, Club 11, etc. but would appreciate any other input. We'd like to go somewhere which is a bit like a rave perhaps and maybe somewhere we can chill out have a few drinks and enjoy the music. I've read a few internet sites which suggest some of the clubs aren't too welcoming to foreigners, so we'd prefer to stay clear of them to avoid any problems, but if yous can suggest anywhere we might enjoy then please do.

Jorizz

Pruner
Re: Clubs in Amsterdam

Yeah, I'm not that fammiliar with Amsterdam but the best thing to do is just walk around and jump in on a few places and just check them out. However, about the foreigner part...it's mostly 'not too friendly' to marrocans, turkish, islamic, african etc people etc...you know..."those with some colour". It's harsh to say but as white british lad you won't be facing that much problems honestly. For Rotterdam I could suggest a few if your planning on going there like: Rotown, Stallers, Fust for a drink and relax and for some more clubbing would be Now&Wow, Outland and in the inner city Off_Corso and .Exit.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I've heard great things about the Escape and Jimmy Woo, the later being a bit harder to get in, but more 'original' and has a lounge & bar area. For going out, Rembrandt square is good - Escape's located there aswell. :)

[AJ]

Beginner

I personally like Panama and Hotel Arena, not a big fan of the Escape tbh.
Im not sure if Club 11 will be around when u visit as they are taking down the building some time this year, if its still there its a good place to go.
Jimmy Woo, might be a bit hard to get past the door *****, but give it a try :lol:
Paradiso & de Melkweg, good depending on the night.

But yeah, like jorizz said, just walk around and check some place out, its a small town :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I'm planning to go to Amsterdam early April, if I remember I'll recommend some good places to you. This is if it goes ahead, but as I say. I 'plan' to go to Amsterdam early April!