Certain Awards Bugged?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Okay, been having a discussion in #bushtarion about the "Entitled" Award..

Entitled 5 Gaining first honour/fame title (not 'nobody') Yes

This appears to be bugged, as I've gotten some sort of title everyone round except one, Yet I have never been awarded this.

And on that same note, I should also have

Flower Power 5 Having at least 2000 land, of which 90% is flower Yes
Grass is Greener 5 Having at least 2000 land, of which 90% is grass Yes

I did enough to earn both of these achievements this last round, twice.. I made sure of it.

Would be nice if Azzer (or now magpie maybe? I haven't been paying attention so I have no idea if the sale is finalized yet) Can fix this.. Not just my profile, but check into the awards themselves. Something is obviously off.

edd

Tree Surgeon
You must have done the acre ones wrong because yochoko was able to get multiple ones this round.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
It gave me the bush and Tree awards, but didn't give me the grass and flower..

I KNOW I got flower, because I went 200 bush, 2800 Flower.. :p bit more than 90%

And I Also did grass twice in the 2nd game-year, at 2700/300 or better.

If I had known it would bug on me, I would have bothered to take screen shots.. I may have still, though that would require me to plug in my desktop.. I might look into it, in a day, or a week..

I picked up probably 5-6 awards this round, some I've had previously, several I hadn't. Would be nice to get credit for all of them. I certainly didn't log in for anything else.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Okay, been having a discussion in #bushtarion about the "Entitled" Award..

Entitled 5 Gaining first honour/fame title (not 'nobody') Yes

This appears to be bugged, as I've gotten some sort of title everyone round except one, Yet I have never been awarded this.

I did enough to earn both of these achievements this last round, twice.. I made sure of it.

Would be nice if Azzer (or now magpie maybe? I haven't been paying attention so I have no idea if the sale is finalized yet) Can fix this.. Not just my profile, but check into the awards themselves. Something is obviously off.

This may be outdated (or completely wrong), but I thought that in the period where H/F wasn't around the Entitled award switched to having a title in your alliance (or something on those lines). I don't know if it ever got switched back. I certainly haven't received it since H/F got back, despite having a non-Nobody title.

Now I think about it, that seems ridiculous, but I thought that was the way it went.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I think this was actually discussed at some stage - I don't think it has been adjusted to account for H/F, it is just for the L/F system. The prerequisite code line probably wasn't adjusted when Law became Honour, and Azzer simply couldn't be bothered to adjust it in every part of related coding.
So if you haven't got it (much like 'Dove of Peace'), you aren't gonna get it.

Signer

Pruner

If it's any consolation I am also near certain I should have got the flower award too, but didn't. According to my user profile I earned the other 3 awards no problem!

Kuda

Official Helper
In relation to the Entitled achievement the description on the manual is incorrect. Azzer changed what the requirements were for that achievement over 3 years ago :)

Details of the change can be seen on the News/Portal update at the time:

http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/portal_news_updates.php?NID=133

In order to save you Lucky from having to look at the actual portal update here's the bit you need:

Note that the "Entitled" user achievement/award is now given to accounts that complete the tutorial. It is no longer given the first time you get given an alliance title (the original use for this award was the first time you got a not-"nobody" L/F title). It seemed appropriate to have a "beginner" related award for completing the tutorial, and "Entitled" seemed to fit!

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
the collector award dosnt work right, i defiately got enuff troops to get it was missing trex+stealth gards only but no award

Kuda

Official Helper
Umm I dont think thats it, I always skip the tutorial and I got it...

Flamey, you are correct you do have the award. You first got it in 2007 and last got it on May 1st 2009.

The portal update I linked a few posts up was dated May 8th 2009 :)

But on a side note, I do however think that the achievement is broken as from a quick look through the user profiles I've not found anyone who's got the award after May 1st 2009 (the last round you could get it before it was changed to being awarded for completing the tutorial) :)

Zaheen

BANNED
Well I can never tell if it's broken because 9 times out of 10 I delete before mid round and lose all my potential awards anyway.

But seriously, who gives a crap what awards you have? No offence to anybody who actually cares about them - but I don't.

Stegosaurus

Pruner
Well I can never tell if it's broken because 9 times out of 10 I delete before mid round and lose all my potential awards anyway.

But seriously, who gives a crap what awards you have? No offence to anybody who actually cares about them - but I don't.

Why are you always so proud of things like deleting your account mid round? You seem eager to prove how little you care about bushtarion at every opportunity.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Pwned, and also zaheen I take enjoyment in acomplishing so,ethimg, if yo cant find enjoyment in this game then why play...

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Why are you always so proud of things like deleting your account mid round? You seem eager to prove how little you care about bushtarion at every opportunity.

And Kieran lines up the shot... And a wonderful curve, direct in the top left corner. Beautifully timed, and executed.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Bugged awards I know of:

Dove of peace- no longer have a Christmas peace time.

Friend of the earth- alchemist had both rank 1 honour and fame on the same round and does not have the award.

Unlucky for some- there is only one point in the round to get this from my calculations. If you compar moon cycles to weather to times of night etc. And it is in winter iirc. Incredibly rare to get the clear conditions needed to have to full moon icon at night. It may even be bugged as the moon phases are harder To track in winter, and are not perfectly symmetrical. Some times you get one more of one phase and one less of another.

Compulsive collector: two theories exist about this. Firstly the description is read as you need to collect one of each unit and at some point in the game you need to have 95% all at once. And people just go for the 95%.
Another way is white knights were not properly coded and although they didn't count as admin units their code tweak wasn't considered properly. And they now count as units in the total 91units so now you need 95% of 93 meaning 89 of the 91 non h/f units. Because of the shoddy job azzer did in the reintroduction of the h/f system
Safest way is to just get them all!

And to get devilish would take a special kind of commitment to virtually not play. And some rounds it doesn't even seem possible

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Also anyone else notice that there seems to be more blanks than awards?

Maybe I can't count I am feeling pretty hung over. But it seems like there are 86 awards for profile given in the manual.... But 91 award spaces.... Anyone else notice this

Phobis

Weeder
This last round I worked long and hard and won the H/F title and Honor title. However, the H/F title is not showing up on my awards. I had about a 8000 lead so I know I won it. I did get the Honor award.