Calm down

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
No worries. In fact, it just supports what I said about comments being taken out of context not having relevance.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
As i said...its got more to do with the fact the more 'less' thought out ideas are cramming up and making the more sensible ones less likely to take effect?

With people making up all these different units, people get carried away and lose focus on the main aspects on what really needs to be tweaked/introduced.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
More suggestions = better.

only to a point. at this point the scenario is this:

bushtarion needs to go paperless!
DA:"I've started folding papers in half. At least I'm doing something, right?"

if we could have a little less that and a little more 'i've started cutting the amt of paper used in half by doing x'... I'd probably be less grumpy and ready to go into the actual merits/flaws of said ideas. right now i'm just not in the mood to suffer fools and so i'm coming off less than I should i guess.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I got to page 2 and simply gave up all hope of finding anything constructive or unpredictable, so I thought I'd add something unconstructive and predictable of my own to this intangible mess of negativity and argument:

tumblr_m3k2pmxv1e1r4tlx4o9_250.gif

Zaheen

BANNED
But this isn't real life, Zaheen. It's an online forum. Why shouldn't I "shoot down" an idea if that idea is flawed, or unrealistic, or just plain stupid? If we didn't point out why bad ideas were bad then the game really would be dead, and no amount of aliens could save it.

I don't think honesty is the same as arrogance. If someone comes to me with a bad idea in person, I'll tell them what I think. That is not the same as "walking into any room and shouting off your thoughts without a care in the world". Your analogy is massively inaccurate, not to mention rude. If you're so hung up on how new players view the playerbase, why do you then call me arrogant and vile-minded? Hypocrisy ahoy!
There you go again, going to next lengths to try and undermine and insult somebody, in this case me.

My analogy is wrong? I never compared anything.

Hypocricy? You're the one who is using the rude card here. Do you not think some of your posts are rude?

Why shouldn't you shoot them down? You've said it many times already that if you see something you partially dislike you will start arguing with them about it - in my eyes, that just makes you a...[insert whatever word you want here]. For people who don't know you, they will think the same thing.

Why? Everybody has an opinion, and everybody likes different things. Just because YOU don't like something, doesn't mean it'll be bad for the game. All it'll mean is, you may not want to keep playing if something you don't like is here.

Now think about that for a second, maybe all the people who have quit, stopped playing for that same reason.

- Maybe they quit because of some bad implmentations in the game, they thought it ruined all the fun and just quit
- Maybe they quit because of the lack of implementations in the game.
- Maybe they quit because everyone else said the game is dying, so they quit
- Maybe they quit because they played 30+ rounds and just got bored
- Maybe it was a mix of all of the above, and some of the below.
- They quit because there's a group of like minded people who like to control things, these players won't leave and they ruined everyone elses fun - so they left.

Who gives a toss why they quit? They're gone now, and it's rare that they ever come back...let's try and change this?

How? New suggestions?

I certainly wouldn't come back just because 500 new players started playing, but I would play the game to try out a new route or something - just saying.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you, or anybody else. If you want to say something to me that is offensive or otherwise, just PM me and I'll get back to it. I probably not going to read anymore of this pointless thread, created and maintained by unimaginative like-minded people.

I do like reading suggestions though, so if any of you cabbages feels like using a few brain cells for the greater good, count me in. Oh and toby, I vaguaely remember you suggestion some brilliant suggestions before I stopped playing last time, you should necro them - they were one of the best ones I've seen in a long time, but I cannot remember what they were.

I do think this is going off topic, and I do think people need to calm down a little in the sense that posting ridiculous suggestions isn't necessary BUT...Dimitar this is for you really. If there weren't any dumb suggestions, you wouldn't be able to compare them with the good ones. It puts good suggestions in context when you compare with them rubbish, so it doesn't really matter how many crap suggestions there are, people can ammend/adapt/pinch ideas from them and possibly turn it into something good.

See what I did there? I used some imagination - try it.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
But this isn't real life, Zaheen. It's an online forum. Why shouldn't I "shoot down" an idea if that idea is flawed, or unrealistic, or just plain stupid? If we didn't point out why bad ideas were bad then the game really would be dead, and no amount of aliens could save it.

I don't think honesty is the same as arrogance. If someone comes to me with a bad idea in person, I'll tell them what I think. That is not the same as "walking into any room and shouting off your thoughts without a care in the world". Your analogy is massively inaccurate, not to mention rude. If you're so hung up on how new players view the playerbase, why do you then call me arrogant and vile-minded? Hypocrisy ahoy!
There you go again, going to next lengths to try and undermine and insult somebody, in this case me.

My analogy is wrong? I never compared anything.

Hypocricy? You're the one who is using the rude card here. Do you not think some of your posts are rude?

Why shouldn't you shoot them down? You've said it many times already that if you see something you partially dislike you will start arguing with them about it - in my eyes, that just makes you a...[insert whatever word you want here]. For people who don't know you, they will think the same thing.

Why? Everybody has an opinion, and everybody likes different things. Just because YOU don't like something, doesn't mean it'll be bad for the game. All it'll mean is, you may not want to keep playing if something you don't like is here.

Now think about that for a second, maybe all the people who have quit, stopped playing for that same reason.

- Maybe they quit because of some bad implmentations in the game, they thought it ruined all the fun and just quit
- Maybe they quit because of the lack of implementations in the game.
- Maybe they quit because everyone else said the game is dying, so they quit
- Maybe they quit because they played 30+ rounds and just got bored
- Maybe it was a mix of all of the above, and some of the below.
- They quit because there's a group of like minded people who like to control things, these players won't leave and they ruined everyone elses fun - so they left.

Who gives a toss why they quit? They're gone now, and it's rare that they ever come back...let's try and change this?

How? New suggestions?

I certainly wouldn't come back just because 500 new players started playing, but I would play the game to try out a new route or something - just saying.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you, or anybody else. If you want to say something to me that is offensive or otherwise, just PM me and I'll get back to it. I probably not going to read anymore of this pointless thread, created and maintained by unimaginative like-minded people.

I do like reading suggestions though, so if any of you cabbages feels like using a few brain cells for the greater good, count me in. Oh and toby, I vaguaely remember you suggestion some brilliant suggestions before I stopped playing last time, you should necro them - they were one of the best ones I've seen in a long time, but I cannot remember what they were.

I do think this is going off topic, and I do think people need to calm down a little in the sense that posting ridiculous suggestions isn't necessary BUT...Dimitar this is for you really. If there weren't any dumb suggestions, you wouldn't be able to compare them with the good ones. It puts good suggestions in context when you compare with them rubbish, so it doesn't really matter how many crap suggestions there are, people can ammend/adapt/pinch ideas from them and possibly turn it into something good.

See what I did there? I used some imagination - try it.

You did make a comparison. You compared my behaviour on forums to walking into a room and shouting off my thoughts without a care in the world. I explained why the two are not the same.

Yes, a small percentage of my posts are rude, but I'm not the one claiming that new players are put off by rudeness and that we should all be nice to each other, so I am not the hypocrit.

I did not say I start arguing about something if I don't like it. If I don't like something but don't have a good reason, I will simply state that I do not like it and leave it at that. If, however, I see a problem with an idea then I will say "I do not think this is a good idea because...". Sometimes I will even come up with a solution to a problem for a suggestion I don't like. Personally I wouldn't use the term "shoot down". I only used it because you did. I don't go out deliberately to humiliate or offend players, but if an idea is flawed then it needs to be pointed out. This is not "arrogant" or "vile-minded".

As to who gives a toss why players leave, you obviously do, since you are the one who brought it up as some kind of insult, essentially saying that people like me are why we have no players. Which is not only rude but ridiculous.

If you would come back for a new route but not for 500 new players then there is nothing I can say to that. Most of the problems in the game stem from having not enough players, not from a lack of aliens.

I'm not going to necro all the good suggestions because if we did that we'd be in exactly the same situation as we were. The best way to do it would be to put all the good suggestions in one thread with links to original posts rather than necroing threads, but we already did that and it didn't stop DA.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
the hole I was speaking about was metaphorically mine, as I can't 'go back to' my own hole. Yes, we're talking about Dax's mother's vagina.

Yochoko

Head Gardener
don't ruin now. i just wanna think you are the rhino and dax is the man who's in your hole. :3

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Only a french person would *want* to think that. Just saying