Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Big step back that there are no dedicated severs for Pc users anymore, I won't be buying it for pc as many others will no doubt.

Wait, does that mean youll be buying it on xbox/ps3 instead?

Na my brother will buy that :p if it PC had dedicated servers i'd have already ordered it :?

Yeah, no dedicated servers is a bit annoying, but i got used to it. Although it can be irritating getting paired with overseas hosts; bloody lag :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Wow, i just found out that MW2 could be banned in Australia. Thanks to dipshit* politicians we are the only developed country without an R18+ rating for games. And so any games that dont make the MA15+ cut, get banned.

My source is 10 days old so i dont know what the progress is, but if it is banned that will suck big time. Even if i imported it, i couldnt really play it online, as nearly all my games will be hosted overseas and i would get lag, all the bloody time :(

OK, it probably wont be banned, but seriously, why the F doesnt our country have an R18+ rating for games? Well, they reckon its to stop children getting the game. Because thats right, dipshit parents buy these MA15+ games for their 10 year old children. Yep, i know little kids that play GTA, they think its great. Yeah, you can even find some tit if you know were to look, well, so they tell me. Lets not mention the fact that you can beat and murder prostitutes. You can just shoot random people in face if you want...real pretty -.-.
I was just looking around at some articles, and you know how people like to comment on everything? well, some dude reckons he is 30 and lets his 8 yo play it (with the volume turned down because of harsh language). That makes a lot of sense :roll:
*So i cant really call certain politicians dipshits, because its really the stupid parents that let their kids play these games. Because half these parents would probably still let their children play the game, even if it was rated R18+. So really, the politicians are just trying to protect our children because their parents are too incompetent to do so, or they just dont have a clue about what they are letting their kids actually play (ie they are stupid).

Well, i thought it was interesting that i might not even be able to get the game.

lol, btw, after reading some of the comments about Australia banning GTA SA (it wasnt banned for anything i mentioned, but because of some hidden content) its funny how so many of the people commenting seem like complete f*cktards :D

Gooner

Head Gardener
Its weird how they already have the game in shops...i held a copy while working and I coulda stolen it to get a sneak peek at what its like how jealous would people have been? :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
1 more day!

I litterally came online to post this!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Im tempted to go into work early tomo just to pick it up (im a postman) to make sure i get it...exciting times!

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Cant wait :(
Wish it was tomorrow already x(

I just see the price has gone up in holland :D
I pre-ordered it for 74,99 euro *hardened edition*
And the current price for the hardened edition is 79,99 euro's

So i saved myself 5 euro's by pre-ordering it 2 months ago \o/

Treedude

Harvester
Ha, it does make me feel even better reading this thread on a monday morning....

Got my copy through the door on saturday morning, have just been playing the campaign so far (would have it done already but surprise surprise the weekend I get it there's about 20 people staying in my flat giving me no time to play it).

Seems awesome so far, just usual intense vibes and the new stuff they've done with the perks and kill/death streaks I am enjoying, changed things up a bit and makes it interesting. Also the change to Local Multiplayer is very welcome from my point of view (you now earn XP and unlock custom classes/guns/perks/streaks as you do online)

Also loving the Spec Ops co-op missions (some of them are just great fun, covering each other with the AC-130 or Vulcan Minigun or the snowmobile races), hated that the last MW didn't have any co-op levels. All in all I have not been disapointed and I've been waiting for this to come out for ages now (as it seems everyone has!)

EDIT: Well up for playing online, my xbox live gamertag is Manch86 (think quite a few of you have me already). Well up for some games with some of you, altho will be sticking to my glorious STAM tag from WaW, Team STAM ftw

Last edited:

Lupus

Head Gardener
CeX is already selling it, with the promise you wont go online until midnight and at £15 price hike

was very tempted but dont have my ps3 with me

and apparently some play.com customers recieved their copies on friday due to a delivery mix up

Treedude

Harvester
I am well aware it comes out tomorrow Mattheus, I've been counting down the days! lol. The website I ordered from worked out an arrangement with Royal Mail because of the strike so that even with standard delivery their customers were guaranteed to get it by release day. So Royal Mail picked up the deliveries on weds/thurs/friday last week....then of course the strike was called off and hey presto loads of their customers get it early.

Don't think there's any problems with going online, saw someone on my friends list playing online last night and I was reading about it last week coz I was desperate to find out if I would get it early. Apparently they've already had people downloading copies for the PC and cracking them and that and playing online. As far as I could tell they weren't going to ban anyone and they'll just do a reset of online leaderboards/xp on release day. Haven't played it online anyway coz I've just been doing the story but yeah, got it on saturday morning :D

EDIT: Aye the perks are now a bit mental, Nuke is crazy but you have to get a 25 kill streak to get it, if you're getting that you deserve to win to be honest :p

And you can only pick 3 killstreaks at any one time, you don't get all of them (they've also got to be unlocked like the guns/attachments/perks), but the supply drop one contains either ammo or a random killstreak reward, I've only played locally so not sure if you can get Nuke in that. Will remain to be seen how balanced it is once it's out properly and everyones playing online, so far tho I am enjoying the changes. There's also about 10 different attachments for each gun which rocks (and a perk so you can pick 2 attachments)

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm fairly sure I've never hated anyone as much as I hate you right now, Rob.

I've pre-ordered mine from Currys ¬_¬ Hoping to get it on release day or Wednesday at the latest.

-

Anyone fancy a "get together" online Live match later this week when everyone has their copy?

Thursday/Friday evening?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Sooo disappointed right now...i was hoping mine would have come today (for the Royal mail related reasons treedude said) as it was dispatched like 3/4 days ago.

Anyway...Roll on tomorrow!!!

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Ordered mine... need to pay for X-Box Live again though seeing as it expired several months ago :(

CLem

Head Gardener
bah i got my "Dispatched" email from Amazon this morning. And I just saw a Tesco advert saying that they are selling it for 26 quid.... I feel mega ripped off now after paying 45 quid. See you guys online!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I pre-ordered it for 74,99 euro *hardened edition*
And the current price for the hardened edition is 79,99 euro's

That price is completely insane. I would never ever ever ever ever consider paying that much money for a video game.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Quantity Code Description
1 177818 DELIVERY SERVICE C HARGE
1 192581 MICROSOFT MDERNWARF ARE2XBX

Order placed on: 02/11/2009 18:45:42

Your order will be delivered by DHL

-

Didnt think I was getting this til' wednesday, but it'll be here in teh morning!

WOOP!