Call of Duty - Ghosts

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Its actually quite good - never thought Id say it.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
That depends how highly you rate the other call of duty's?

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
When you do get it, let me know your GT and il play with you!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
No interest here either... BF4 on the other hand does tempt me...

From the reviews I've read Battlefield 4 is decisively better.

Dunno what you're planning to play it on Steve, or what your PC rig is like, but it's quite power hungry. I was surprised to find my PC wouldn't play it on even low settings (even though I can play, albeit slightly older titles, like Skyrim on full (which looks superb)).

Just a heads up. If I get it I don't think it'll be til I get around to buying a XB1/PS4, depending on which comes out on top after Christmas.

webvictim

Harvester
I don't know - BF4 doesn't look enough of an update from BF3 to me. They could have just done everything that BF4 adds in a major patch to BF3 rather than flogging the cash cow and releasing a whole new game. Ah well, that's EA for you. BF3 was a really good for all the time I played it and I enjoyed it a lot.

Ghosts has no appeal to me. The last good CoD game was MW2 as far as I'm concerned and everything since has been inferior.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I don't know - BF4 doesn't look enough of an update from BF3 to me. They could have just done everything that BF4 adds in a major patch to BF3 rather than flogging the cash cow and releasing a whole new game. Ah well, that's EA for you.

I almost always get that sense, Call of Duty wise, but I dunno, the destructibility element to maps was probably way beyond patching (I don't suppose it matters to a lot of people, but I like the idea of everything being destroyable) As you point out, though, releasing a new game to the series every year is a very compelling prospect for studios.

As 'tired' as the COD series is I suspect they've got a few more years to milk - Especially now they've got a next-gen platform for their release this time next year.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I don't know - BF4 doesn't look enough of an update from BF3 to me. They could have just done everything that BF4 adds in a major patch to BF3 rather than flogging the cash cow and releasing a whole new game. Ah well, that's EA for you.

I almost always get that sense, Call of Duty wise, but I dunno, the destructibility element to maps was probably way beyond patching (I don't suppose it matters to a lot of people, but I like the idea of everything being destroyable) As you point out, though, releasing a new game to the series every year is a very compelling prospect for studios.

As 'tired' as the COD series is I suspect they've got a few more years to milk - Especially now they've got a next-gen platform for their release this time next year.

The past few additions to the series have been horribly stagnant. The first CoD on the next gen should draw a bit more interest again, and that'll give them a bit more time before they decide it has to be properly overhauled, although I feel it should've been done after MW2. Black Ops, MW3 and Black Ops 2 haven't really added anything to the franchise.