Bushtarion Negativity

Steve_God

Official Helper
The topic says it all really, but to expand:

I have no objection to players destroying suggestions with well reasoned debate (or even a straight forward reason that they hadn't considered)...

I even have no objection to the odd bit of personally player banter from time to time given the nature of the game...

What really grinds my gears is seeing the same handful of names, day in, day out, posting almost for the sake of posting, giving nothing constructive other than just being negative.

Now before people (however many of you there are that think I'm talking about you ;)) start saying this rant is related to the potential sale of Bush, it's not.
It's just the general negative tone of a select handful that make me think "well there's 20 seconds I'm never getting back" after reading their posts, time and time again.

[/rant]

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Can we please make that handful of people known (give examples as well, if possible)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
bulgarian words

have you gone to the DA school of posting Dimitar?

not-sure-if-troll-or-just-stupid-q21rzv.png

Reactions: Dax

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Nah, just curious who these people are

well undoubtedly i'm at least one. i totally admit i overreacted to the immediate slew of ... arguably bad ideas in suggestions. however, i've stopped that in an aim to be more constructive in suggestion criticisms.

Max

Garden Designer
What really grinds my gears is seeing the same handful of names, day in, day out, posting almost for the sake of posting, giving nothing constructive other than just being negative.

Couldn't agree more. Want to know one of the biggest reasons Azzer stopped showing any signs of life on the forums? The hostile attitude of the forums as a whole.

Any new admin is going to have to deal with this issue for the sake of 1) not turning new players away and 2) maintaining a content community as a whole.

As always, it's not everyone's fault and there's no easy solution, but can't we all just be really nice to eachother and forgive one another unconditionally? :D

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Couldn't agree more. Want to know one of the biggest reasons Azzer stopped showing any signs of life on the forums? The hostile attitude of the forums as a whole.

Personally I think that is an excuse, not a reason.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I completely agree Steve. I think quite fortunately its only a handful of people in the community however, due to the size of the community at the moment, these people are amongst the most vocal on the forums. As such they're being given a bigger platform for their malcontent than if we had more people/more discussion in general.

I think, though, that these people come off extremely badly. Most people interpret their ramblings as obnoxious and vile. (I do, anyway).

Yochoko

Head Gardener
errrrrr.., i kinda fail to see the negativity in question. maybe because i simply don't care enough about the negativity but read it as one's opinion. and if some people think negatively about something, it's their opnion, too. but when the posts have the unwritten message like "you'll never know what i meant", then, i simply ignore those posts 'coz those aren't relevant to the subject and disregard them personally. the person or the people didn't give enough **** to explain. so, why would i bother? :X i thinkkkkk when you start caring about those posts, then, probably it's worth arguing about for you. and forums are there to argue (or discuss), giving out your opinions whether pros/cons or positive/negative. i think it's 'you' to give the importance to what others say. if the said negativity bothers you, you can always ignore it... or fight it out! :p it's free to express how we feel/think on forums imo.

but yeah, i understand steve's sentiment. but understanding it doesn't make me agree with it. 'coz i always think it's up to ourselves to get affected or not by anything. :X

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
errrrrr.., i kinda fail to see the negativity in question. maybe because i simply don't care enough about the negativity but read it as one's opinion. and if some people think negatively about something, it's their opnion, too. but when the posts have the unwritten message like "you'll never know what i meant", then, i simply ignore those posts 'coz those aren't relevant to the subject and disregard them personally. the person or the people didn't give enough **** to explain. so, why would i bother? :X i thinkkkkk when you start caring about those posts, then, probably it's worth arguing about for you. and forums are there to argue (or discuss), giving out your opinions whether pros/cons or positive/negative. i think it's 'you' to give the importance to what others say. if the said negativity bothers you, you can always ignore it... or fight it out! :p it's free to express how we feel/think on forums imo.

but yeah, i understand steve's sentiment. but understanding it doesn't make me agree with it. 'coz i always think it's up to ourselves to get affected or not by anything. :X

this post has a power rating of over 9000! :eek:

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
i simply don't care enough about the negativity but read it as one's opinion. and if some people think negatively about something, it's their opnion, too.

+1

Hear that DA, OPINION ;)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
i simply don't care enough about the negativity but read it as one's opinion. and if some people think negatively about something, it's their opnion, too.

+1

Hear that DA, OPINION ;)

Indeed I do. Likewise, I can have an opinion on other people's opinions. Just as you can have an opinion of my opinion of other people's opinions.

kthx.

Zaheen

BANNED
The topic says it all really, but to expand:

I have no objection to players destroying suggestions with well reasoned debate (or even a straight forward reason that they hadn't considered)...

I even have no objection to the odd bit of personally player banter from time to time given the nature of the game...

Now before people (however many of you there are that think I'm talking about you ;)) start saying this rant is related to the potential sale of Bush, it's not.
It's just the general negative tone of a select handful that make me think "well there's 20 seconds I'm never getting back" after reading their posts, time and time again.

[/rant]
I suppose your post justifies itself because of the way you worded it, and without simply agreeing with you for the sake of it...what I don't understand is why it's taken you (or anyone else for that matter) over 3 years to realise.

It's sometimes difficult to ignore some ones opinion when they pretty much shoot down lots of hard work and thoughts made by someone else just for the "sake of posting". That's just sad.