Bug

Chezz

Harvester
Here is a bug I saw recently on my own overview page..

Bug.jpg

Is it a bug on the game's part?

Souls

Official Helper
Re: Bug

The Development Modifier is a "live" figure, so it changes right when a development is started, not at the end of a tick. Someone started a development after you on the same tick, and the ETA for your development went down in accordance with the mod; it's not a bug, per se. :p

Chezz

Harvester

but if the dev. mod. went down, shouldn't the percentage go UP instead?

E.g. The development's base time is, say, 100 ticks. When I started it the dev. mod was, say, 2.5, so it is 250 ticks

Then after 100 ticks have elapsed, it is 100/250 = 40% done

Suddenly, the dev. mod drops to 2, so the total time needed is now 200 ticks.

Then shouldn't the percentage go UP to 100/200 = 50% ?

Souls

Official Helper

No, since you already started the development, your development is locked in at that ETA. The dev mod goes down, and pushes the ETA for everyone else down as well, so you're over the "global" ETA. That's why it's better to start your devs at the end of a tick, if you care that much about time. :p

Welshie

Harvester

Chezz said:
but if the dev. mod. went down, shouldn't the percentage go UP instead?

E.g. The development's base time is, say, 100 ticks. When I started it the dev. mod was, say, 2.5, so it is 250 ticks

Then after 100 ticks have elapsed, it is 100/250 = 40% done

Suddenly, the dev. mod drops to 2, so the total time needed is now 200 ticks.

Then shouldn't the percentage go UP to 100/200 = 50% ?

Well this is true, your development ETA is locked at what it was when you started the tech, but the percentage calculation is done on the global ETA, which is where the -1% comes from. It's daft really.