• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bring back Bush History!

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As most of you know, we've lost quite a bit when the old forums went down. I've been cleaning crap from my hard drive, and found an old Alliance end-of-round story from Pie, an alliance I led in round 16! Brought quite a few smiles to those I've sent it to and myself, obviously. I bet I'm not the only one with old hidden text files on my pc. :p

So nstead of mourning the loss of the old forums, I invite everyone to dig up old alliance stories and revive Bushtarion History! Post them up in Politics, and make sure to put the proper round in the topic title. Enjoy the read! ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Should the end of round stories go into the politics part or can we have an alliance story sub section in the recruitment section per se.

May encourage more use of that section.

Rama

Pruner
old forums are gone? that means my lovely allys stories are gone? /me cries...

I will try to see if I have them somewhere but dont think so...

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Would be infinitely better if you instead uploaded your stories to the Wiki!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Except no one gives a **** about the wiki. Wiki ftl. Wiki is awful. Wiki is so much fail it's hard to even contemplate that fact. Wiki has no place whatsoever in bushtarion any longer. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL! The biggest amount of fail in the history of bushtarion as long as i've known it.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Except no one gives a **** about the wiki. Wiki ftl. Wiki is awful. Wiki is so much fail it's hard to even contemplate that fact. Wiki has no place whatsoever in bushtarion any longer. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL! The biggest amount of fail in the history of bushtarion as long as i've known it.

You might as well be pointing at Wikipedia and saying that. It's also a Catch-22.

"Bush Wiki doesn't have much content on yet so I refuse to use it and put any content on it."

Go go go Captain Alci, visionary of the future :p

The Bush Wiki would be a much better place to be storing things like histories, round stories, alliance info through the rounds & ages, and it's not a difficult task.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
A lot of people got upset by the removing of bush history. However im sure if people start editing the wiki and adding the parts that they remember then they will grow and could provide much reading.

It would help if maybe there was a sticky thread relating to bush history, including a direct link to that part of the wiki. That way people could just pop in and mention some stuff and anyone could update the wiki.

Im sure a lot of people would have stuff to say, but dont know were to start. The best place for that is the forums.

Many of you may disagree, i myself am not 100% sure, im just kinda thinking out loud

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

I agree with the sentiment if not the intensity. Wikipedia is ftl in general. It's the lazy way out imho. How many people are actively updateing it atm I wonder?

If you want people to use it, add to it at least offer incentive.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

You might as well be pointing at Wikipedia and saying that. It's also a Catch-22.

"Bush Wiki doesn't have much content on yet so I refuse to use it and put any content on it."

Go go go Captain Alci, visionary of the future :p

The Bush Wiki would be a much better place to be storing things like histories, round stories, alliance info through the rounds & ages, and it's not a difficult task.

No Sir. I've never supported going to the wiki because this playerbase does not have the interest nor the large pool needed to continually update/correct a wiki file.

Wikipedia works because the entire world is (theoretically) the source of the information. That leaves a huge pool for people to add, alter, correct, edit, re-edit the substance on the wikis.

Bushtarion does not have a large enough pool of interested or knowledgeable members who are willing to contribute to the wiki to make it functional. I haven't examined the wiki in detail recently but it appears that not a large number of people have contributed so far. Perhaps when you so shortsightedly deleted the bushtarion forums history, you could've just simply transferred the files over instead of deleting them entirely? Wouldn't that have been a good idea, instead of forcing people now to either have to rewrite them from a faulty memory; or see if they can find the original somewhere on their hard drives?

I don't know; the wiki has been up for a while now and is still in a rather infantile state. I cannot contribute to the wiki because my memory simply isn't good enough as i don't really pay attention to what's happening around me in the rounds; simply what happened to my alliances; and that, i feel, is not subject enough for a wiki.

I never said bush wiki shouldn't be used because there's nothing on it; just that we've had it for awhile and very little has been added; and there *seems* be very little player interaction with it. Please do correct me if i'm wrong; or if i'm getting the wrong idea. It may indeed be a better place to store things; however it is going to be a lot harder to recreate entire histories rounds with such a foggy memory from a large number of players; and while theoretically it could balance out with having multiple viewpoints; given the state of arguments on forums these days, i'm more tempted to see it ending up stalemated in a flame-war rather than a truly interesting/open history. People call me cynical; and with good reason, so please, go ahead and prove me wrong!

i appreciate the snideness of your remarks (they would do an Alci-style diatribe justice) however what i do not appreciate is you putting words in my mouth. Thank you, come again!

EDIT: Took a quick run through of the history tab of 'edits' from the Wiki that i could see; and the only contributors or editors are The Tall One; Darryl (who is no longer with us much to our detriment); Meneldil; Markb; Azzer; and a few others. Out of our playerbase, that really demonstrates a large number of involved, interested members, don't you think?

EDIT 2: More power to you twigley if you do such a thing; but then it's not really a 'wiki' per se; as simply a rewrite of the histories according to the viewpoints of a few players; in which case you may as well just have a politics thread with them. Goodluck, you'll need it.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
If a team of up to 5 people wanna get together with me, i have plenty of time off UNI and WORK to start thinking of ways to make the wiki more user friendly and more to the point.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Lazy people. Get to it. :p

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
I have to agree. our local studentcommunity runs a wiki, and with 30.000 students as possible editors it's barely over critical mass.

A Bushwiki will work once Bush has 50.000 players, not now.

BTW, found the logbook from EHs last round, will post in alliance histories.