• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bribecap

Charlie_B

Harvester
At the risk of Silence, Ric et al beating me to death with their puppets, this clearly needs to be suggested.

At the moment, there is nothing around to prevent people ganging up in big groups and bashing players at the very bottom of their range if they only want bribes and don't care about land. My suggestion would be a bribecap that works exactly as the landcap does, modifying the number of men you can bribe based on the lawfullness of your attack.

Franny

Head Gardener
Re: Bribecap

I know the lower attack % the lower % you kill! Excellent !

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i like!...how much

but does that mean the unit is weaker at lower ranges. making it a bit unfair? or is it more. it kills the same but bribes less (and is now basically a converter)

EDIT: on second thoughts doesnt matter. you dont send bribers because they are good at killing. you send them for the bribing. so i guess as long as they are still just as powerfull in defence then it wont matter

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

here's an idea too, but all your companies inside our own bubbles with water pistols and just squirt each other and send flowers.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Cyrus said:
here's an idea too, but all your companies inside our own bubbles with water pistols and just squirt each other and send flowers.

I'll squirt you, but it's definitely no water pistol ;)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Bobbin said:
ah now that's a brilliant idea, I'd even suggest the same for converts too...
Agreed.

Willy, I wouldn't have thought the units would be weaker, just that a percentage of what you bribe/convert would actually die.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I don't really like it :p
Puppets and other bribing units are very weak, cost a bomb and have pretty low damage (especially AD). All this makes a necesity to bribe players with imbalanced setups, underdeveloped, weak troops, and also overwhelm them with your mob size. I wouldn't agree giving bribers less of the units bribed but it could be a decent ideea to give to the victims a part of the units back depending how unlawfull the attack was.
But naturally i would want old l/f and bounty back as that was a much better option to deal with this while keeping it a war game. Now with all the damage limiters kills,land and now bribes it would make the game too much land based and that's just too simple and old fashioned :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Well I don't like the idea too. There is no way a briber can efficiently attack a target on his own score... Some other balance thingie is needed, but thats just not it.

I would also consider injury rates for bribed units on the side of the enemy, as at the moment the lowbies not only get mashed by bribers but they get NO injury rate for that too...

cervantes

Pruner

It would be fair to adjust this and getting it in line with the land cap.

But then: my opinion is that ther are WAY TOO MANY adjustments recently. Almost every round we see more and more changes, non of them are included into the manual whatosever. What the heck? I am afraid I start to sound like Blackwolf here, but he is right: All those changes and crap that is introduced make the game more and more complicated and drives people away. It started with the introduction of three different ranking systems. The change from "Score" to "government valuation". What the heck is "government valuation" to a new player?
I had a four round break, and when I came back so many things were different. And now, from one round to another, more changes were introduced, while the ones introduced a round back arent even working properly yet nor included in the manual. This is bollocks tbh...
Sorry, I am ranting a bit off topic, but I am strongly in line with Blackwolf when he says it is a shame to see the game we love to go down step by step. I feel a bit like that too.

Well, to get back on topic. I would not introduce it. Why change things that work? Bribing is hard enough as it is, and if someone cannot prevent a bribing attack, then he is usually not set up properly or not teched ennough, things that can be changed.

Nonny

Harvester

I see where it's coming from and on the face of it it's logical but then shouldn't we reduce LET efficiency at lower ranges too?

In which case what about POM's et al. Shouldn't they disable / distract less? Where does it end?

Souls

Official Helper

DarkSider said:
I don't really like it :p
Puppets and other bribing units are very weak, cost a bomb and have pretty low damage (especially AD). All this makes a necesity to bribe players with imbalanced setups, underdeveloped, weak troops, and also overwhelm them with your mob size. I wouldn't agree giving bribers less of the units bribed but it could be a decent ideea to give to the victims a part of the units back depending how unlawfull the attack was.
But naturally i would want old l/f and bounty back as that was a much better option to deal with this while keeping it a war game. Now with all the damage limiters kills,land and now bribes it would make the game too much land based and that's just too simple and old fashioned :p

QFT!

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

This suggestion is not worth the byte's it occupies in cyberspace, in my opinion.

Bribing is extremely difficult as it is, with expensive and slow units, which are not even particullarly strong.

But to even out things a bit, maybe all major routes should have one bribing branch?

Right now only thugs are left without. Maybe a reorganization on the arson route... drop arsonist in favour of some bribing unit?

Anyone who complains about bribers being to easy can never have tried playing for bribes in earnest I think. It's fun, but difficult. Puppets are SOs "imba HRDmode" :p

dafe

Harvester

bribe units cant be reduced, ever tried to bribe some decent units with hypnos? you dont have lethal flak to have them get trough if your fighting a same size target...but i do agree that the injury rate should apply on bribed units as well...after all you do lose staff

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Bobbin said:
ah now that's a brilliant idea, I'd even suggest the same for converts too...

the lower you bash, the less you get. Brilliant! :D

I agree with Bobbin, it is a great idea. As Charlie says, way too many people bashing at +1/+2 (mainly puppets it has to be said, but I have seen mass bashes with cloners). With no injuries for bribes, this just doesn't match up.

kyx

Harvester

this is a brilliant idea. However, Azzer, always willing to satisfy HIS DEAR DEAR DEAR PAYERS, will definitely not do this as the PAYING COMMUNITY will definitely not be happy. And all azzer cares about are those losers who have to buy P-units to survive.

Just think about it: Azzer very kindly gave those players the only way to effectively bribe, which is an fact a 100% bounty and no injury system.

Yes, it's a great idea, but Azzer wont do crap about it cos he lurves his payers.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

dont really have time to post a full reply...just to say i definately agree with this suggestion...it just makes sense...

CLem

Head Gardener

99/100 times you cannot get a profit out of bribing if you attack "lawfully". It is a route that can ONLY kill small people OR people with stupid set ups, take that edge away no-one will play it.

Not a chance that a puppet route can stand up against another normal route that is similar size as themselves early on in the game until they get some decent bribes and they can't get there unless they "bash" to start.

Also I have never seen a puppet player being able to zero someone with just bribes when they are against a developed route and a normal set-up. At most you get half in kills and half in bribes (and this is when the puppet player really lucky), so not like you don't get anything back, you just don't get as MUCH as being attacked by other routes, if you get owned that much by a puppet route..then well ouchie for you.

P.S if you are a poor sod Assassin, POM or a Sorc player then I do feel sorry for you, cause they are the three routes that I would say takes the most beatings from a Puppet player without being able to do anything much if they do decide to bash you.