• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bounty, Insurance, Cloned units.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Some of this has been discussed before but weren't actually main points of the suggestion when they were brought up so....

Suggestion1: remove insurance from attacking

Suggestion2: remove insurance from cloned units (based off cloned units not getting injury when we had injury)

Battle Report - Attacking Polo
[range] 46,018 allied RPG Trooper attacked, killing 36,175 hostile staff.
[range] 23,977,975 hostile Striker attacked, killing 60,462 allied staff.

Died: 60,462 [£3,288,408,000] friendlies dead. 36,175 [£2,875,300,600] enemies dead.

You gained 4,552 effectiveness.
You earned £645,689,751 bounty.
You will soon be receiving £1,150,942,800 insurance.

so I received bounty (reduced for rushing blah blah blah) and i received insurance. insurance is full price and not reduced like bounty (injury was reduced for certain situations). furthermore i believe it should be either your troops are bounty hunters or your troops are insured. i realize that we had injury when attacking, however, with insurance you get to choose what you want and not replacing exactly what i lost. so being SA i could lose SA on an attack and buy spikes and sgts for incomming instead WHILE getting an AR boost (for solos).

secondly, the troops I sent were cloned units. cloned units received 0 injury so why are they now getting insurance? I agree a briber's life can be hard, but this new reimbursement method seems to be a bit unbalanced.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I disagree, i think it should remain the way it is now.

Certainly from the cloned units POV. Its hard to clone a good army and you should get the same insurance as you would on troops you can buy (which are alot easier to get obviously).

Sorry for the brief reply I'll edit to elaborate more in the morning once i've got more energy :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I can clone troops 40% of my score all day long pretty easily.... then i sacrifice for ar boost and money without costing me anything. that's not unfair?

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Having insurance and bounty at the same time is rediculous.

Not even going to bring bribing/converting units into the equation.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
With the way bounty works atm, bounty without insurance would mean that in general, the advantage would be given to be a defender, not an attacker. With the ability to get bounty on top of insurance, it can be beneficial to be an attacker, rather than a defender (discourage "score-queening") - but perhaps the implementation isn't so hot... with a revised "Fairness Calculator", the ability for more sensible bounty rewards could be introduced which might remove the necessity for insurance to attackers (and allow some bounty advantages for attacking above you/resistance attacks/attacking the top allies). But that's for another thread :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well what about being able to clone and sacrifice for free money? was that intentional? and why get money now when we couldn't get injury before?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
well what about being able to clone and sacrifice for free money? was that intentional? and why get money now when we couldn't get injury before?

I think its important to remember that not many people could consistantly do this to any great gain (worth worrying about). Its not like everyone can just mass bribers and bribe loads of troops to suicide them for insurance, you have to be pretty skilled to do it to any degree worth mentioning.

A puppet player could probably do this but what would be the point...they'd prob be worse off in the long run for sacrificing their bribed troops just for insurance.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

I think its important to remember that not many people could consistantly do this to any great gain (worth worrying about). Its not like everyone can just mass bribers and bribe loads of troops to suicide them for insurance, you have to be pretty skilled to do it to any degree worth mentioning.

A puppet player could probably do this but what would be the point...they'd prob be worse off in the long run for sacrificing their bribed troops just for insurance.

well ok so puppet player goes and gets a bunch of scrub/crap troops. nothing but score inflation and no real use. then turns that into cash for more ninja/puppets to bribe other units. so not necessarily scrapping their 'good' units.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I think imo, that you should be able to get insurance from bribed units. because:

1). there is a time delay so your proposed
so being SA i could lose SA on an attack and buy spikes and sgts for incomming instead WHILE getting an AR boost (for solos).

wouldnt be an instant transfer of men into funds. then back into 'more useful' men. So couldnt be used effectively in the way you propose
(once again imo)

2) not to mention when you find a target that is nice to bribe and farm him for troops(minimal losses) you will get reduced insurance/bounty etc etc on him the more you attack. and you wont really be able to get that many funds out of the act when it comes to killing off the spare units for insurance.

it would be ineffective and not able to be any real source of income imo.

3). final point. im a crap briber, I admit this. can never balance bribers and let flack to ensure i make a healthy bribed profit. and it always results in me loosing men. trading some lethals(bribers) for alternative lethals (those that i bribe) and although i may get some insurance the process has considerable losses generally. making it hard to break even, or profit.

in short i purchase bribers in an attempt to customise my army by exchanging them for my desired lethals, (tactics play a part to reduce casualies and increase effectiveness of the process, but all that aside) its not easy to farm lethals and is generally an exchange of bribers for lethals. thus to not get insureance on those units you have bribed puts and already weak route at a far worse advantage than it needs to be at.

also, before, Injuries would have meant you could continuously bribe a person with a poor unit ratio, and his injuries would come back giving you even more men to bribe, it would lead to an easy way to quickly exchange and build armies between bribers. thus a potential to exploit, insurance means that you will never profit from acting in this way, and you cannot build an army of diverse units, but simply buy back a few of your routes standard units. making it a completely different situation to that of before. one that, imo, leave little/no room for abuse