• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

bounty hunters

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
how about a new frrebie unit like wk/ww with stats something like

*** *** *** *** 5{4} init 855 LET fires all targets LET/NLD/ALL value £0

How many do you get

Based on your score and maybe % land top allie has compared to top 100 ids. So more the top allie pulls away the greater the number you get. Until top allie gets 25% of this land they dont exist. Also dont come out for at least 1 week into round.

Special rules

Can only be sent at red titles based on their bounty. eg at 10% you can send them at 10* your score player but at 50% bounty they can be sent as low as 2*your score.

Cannot be rushed.

Any bounty earned by their kills you dont get.

DON'T work in defense in anyway and cannot be killed in your own defense but as score may drop you would lose some anyway.

the whole point being to punish red titles more.

Walking_Death

Harvester
how about a new frrebie unit like wk/ww with stats something like

*** *** *** *** 5{4} init 855 LET fires all targets LET/NLD/ALL value £0

How many do you get

Based on your score and maybe % land top allie has compared to top 100 ids. So more the top allie pulls away the greater the number you get. Until top allie gets 25% of this land they dont exist. Also dont come out for at least 1 week into round.

Special rules

Can only be sent at red titles based on their bounty. eg at 10% you can send them at 10* your score player but at 50% bounty they can be sent as low as 2*your score.

Cannot be rushed.

Any bounty earned by their kills you dont get.

DON'T work in defense in anyway and cannot be killed in your own defense but as score may drop you would lose some anyway.

the whole point being to punish red titles more.

pretty useless in all, as to use them at all, you'd have to be attacking someone bigger than you, and that usually means that they're more capable of dealing with these late firing things anyhow. Really their only use would be as sweepers, except then you don't even get the bounty!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I like the general idea, but that unit is totally useless

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Why is it useless? I havnt talked any numbers. Lets say you get 1trillion of them per 100 score they aint useless the smallest person could smash up the biggest allie by themselves. Where if you get 1 per 1b score they are useless.
But obviously both these amounts wouldnt work like everything in this game it needs balance.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Don't like the fact that they fire after everything else in the game and I also don't see the whole point of them being "bounty hunters" when you don't get any bounty from them

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
fire late so anything can kill them. They are free and dont want something that fires earlier that way they are easy to defend against on their own.
I was thinking other units can earn you your bounty as you pay for them, but bounty hunters are free so thats how you pay for them.
Look at lesser vamps they fire well late kill bugger all but they are still of use as they give free LLET flak.

Walking_Death

Harvester
i dont even like lesser vamps :p

the only good thing about them really is that they mean you don't give insurance lol. While I don't like this unit, the greater idea is something I can definitely get behind. -1 for the idea, +1 for the concept :)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
The only good thing about lesser vampires is the fact that they're free flak.
/offtopic

Walking_Death

Harvester
you don't pay for them.

you do in that for something that imp isnt quite worth the trouble/value you get from it, as not only do you have to kill to get them, but they put you in a higher range, allowing more raping of your asshole to happen :(

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Davs

Garden Designer
I like the idea of the top bounty hunters getting units to reward their efforts - but I don't see why you're limited to only using them on people at least double your own score. Surely so long as the target is "dishonourable" and the attack is "honourable" that should be fine?

Otherwise, the unit is fine, provide a bit of flak, and they kill stuff (assuming their kills give bounty)

EDIT: Does anyone remember the stats for Mecenaries? (the unit bounty hunters used to get back in the good ol' days)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I like the idea of the top bounty hunters getting units to reward their efforts - but I don't see why you're limited to only using them on people at least double your own score. Surely so long as the target is "dishonourable" and the attack is "honourable" that should be fine?

Otherwise, the unit is fine, provide a bit of flak, and they kill stuff (assuming their kills give bounty)

EDIT: Does anyone remember the stats for Mecenaries? (the unit bounty hunters used to get back in the good ol' days)

I was trying to remember what the old BH units were called!

Im with Davs, i like the idea of the top bounty hunters getting a special WK/WW style unit that will have a top cap and trickle in depending on various factors but it would have to be slightly more useful than you've suggested IMO. And i think (like i said) it shouldnt be for everyone based on global scores or w/e...it should just be for the top x amount of bounty hunting players. (Weren't the mercs only for the top 10 or something?)

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
It just seems to me that getting a red title isnt so bad, putting something in the game to make it easier to attack red titles would certainly give more options. I didnt want to propose a over powered unit that on its own is any good or is too hard defend against. Also was trying to make it so that people could organise some sort of resistance with extra help again making it so that its not over powered and can be seen comming.
As for giving top bounty hunters more troops not so keen on that but as long as they dont have red titles not so bad.