• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Black Knight / Black Wizards

Zaheen

BANNED
which if your playing to win, those aren't viable options.. When you punish the folk who actually play competitively (as in, to win) you end up pushing them to quit, and ultimately HURT the game. There are already plenty of reasons to attack honorable over dishonorably, if you keep piling it on, eventually there will only be the bots and a handful of inactive folks.
I see what you are saying, but you're only look at it from one angle here it seems (which I mean, I mean no offence when I say this), that is pretty ignorant, and no regard for any of the other players.

If people want to quit, they will regardless of changes to help improve a game, or no changes at all.

I'm well within my rights to say that, these so called players who play competitvely push other players out the game, by bashing them over and over, dishonourably.

Now I know what you must be thinking, "It's a war game, you are suppose to be bashed."

NO, I disagree - to some extent.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If people want to quit, they will regardless of changes to help improve a game, or no changes at all.

That is not true. Some (probably a lot) of people have quit because of the lack of change in the game. Usually, if a player wants to quit he doesn't decide it all of a sudden. He wants to quit for a reason. That reason often is, the game no longer being able to provide him with fun. But if there were to be a change in the game which would improve it (and not just in the admin's opinion but in the opinion of the said player as well) that would suffice to keep the player around longer so he can try out the new things.

Zaheen

BANNED

That is not true. Some (probably a lot) of people have quit because of the lack of change in the game. Usually, if a player wants to quit he doesn't decide it all of a sudden. He wants to quit for a reason. That reason often is, the game no longer being able to provide him with fun. But if there were to be a change in the game which would improve it (and not just in the admin's opinion but in the opinion of the said player as well) that would suffice to keep the player around longer so he can try out the new things.
Could be many reasons why someone quits, and it can be all of a sudden!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
I'm well within my rights to say that, these so called players who play competitvely push other players out the game, by bashing them over and over, dishonourably.

In my first post i said.... penalising firepower of ultimately rank 1 wont prevent them bashing. Just like if they could only hit at 50% they would just send more members to do the job and need to be more dedicated. it would be 8 on one guy instead of the current 4-6 it takes now.

its also adding another layer of complexity to an allready newcomer unfriendly game.

If your suggestiong was good people would back it. Its not a good suggestion it would have only negative effects. complexity/more bashing required/penalising a play style.

Zaheen

BANNED

In my first post i said.... penalising firepower of ultimately rank 1 wont prevent them bashing. Just like if they could only hit at 50% they would just send more members to do the job and need to be more dedicated. it would be 8 on one guy instead of the current 4-6 it takes now.

its also adding another layer of complexity to an allready newcomer unfriendly game.

If your suggestiong was good people would back it. Its not a good suggestion it would have only negative effects. complexity/more bashing required/penalising a play style.
I was looking at it from a resistances point of view.

Anyway, if you like how things currently are that's fine. A decrease in player base in ANY game has to be justified somehow, and I will always revert back to the same thing.