apps

Steve_God

Official Helper
I only go for free ones, but:

Droidippy - Diplomacy game
OpenTTD - Transport Tycoon, only good if you've got a big screen
Worms - Free APKs for it are available ;)
Draw Something
N64oid (with Mario64) - Again, a free APK can be found for it ;) (let me know if you're struggling, I could email it over)
ShakyTower
MX Moto (Lite)
Arcade by Kongregate - Android version of the Kongregate website

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Tower Defense... by com2us. It's not free £1.99 I think? I love it, it's a tactical game where you have to place different towers to stop monsters rampaging in to your base. It would be depressing if it kept stats on how long I have played this game. I'm now on the last level trying to complete it with all the perfect accolades... I also like sokuku... "sokuku2" was pretty than just "sokuku" both are free though so see what you prefer.

I only like games where you can do puzzles.

If you want a useful app which isn't a game get "flashlight", it was default on my old HTC Desire but I downloaded it for my iPhone. It uses the camera flash as a torch, I've found many a use for this over the years (previous phone included).

CFalcon

Official Helper
Gameboid and GBCoid. Free Gameboy Advance and Colour emulators. They take a little more setting up than simply downloading (I think you have to use a computer to copy a certain file to the right location, simple enough). But Advance Wars, MarioLand and Pokemon on phone = win.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Gameboid and GBCoid. Free Gameboy Advance and Colour emulators. They take a little more setting up than simply downloading (I think you have to use a computer to copy a certain file to the right location, simple enough). But Advance Wars, MarioLand and Pokemon on phone = win.

yeah i've got those. But pokemon is far too distracting. spent so much time on them during lectures.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
Draw Something

Im addicted to it atm..

I was, but when I got like a 200 streak I got kinda bored of it.

Playing avatar fight now, which I seen Recon post on here, not that time consuming but something to be doing when you get a little bored and want to kill an hr.

Logos quiz, also quite addictive, not sure if it's available for android though.

What about older games like doodle jump? Angry birds? Jet pack joyride?

Steve_God

Official Helper
Jet pack joyride?
I've never been able to find that - don't think it's been released on Android yet :(

what's APK mean? cheers guys. I'll have a look and let you know!
An 'APK' is Androids version of an EXE - an installation file.
Due to the open source nature of Android, there are ways where someone who has paid for the game, is able to export the APK file from there device, and allowing it to be installed onto another handset using a file manager app (such as Astro file manager) by simplying copying it onto the device, and opening it (it will then install).

Without wanting to provide direct links to websites hosting these type of files, simply search for the title of a non-free app, followed by 'APK' and there are often many results ;)

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
I had fun with a zx spectrum emulator but then I grew up playing on spectrums + C64s. Even managed to complete Advent D:Espionage island on my phone haha.