Anyone seen a sunny tick in last 3 days?

Akster

Digger
Because whenever im on i never see any sunny ticks, i usually plant when it says the sun will be rising next tick, but im always unlucky and a thunder sorm appears, and suddenly 20 bil worth of tree seeds turn into 3 bil worth of tree lants....god im better off slling just seeds :'(....no worries, SPRING SOOON!!! :D

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: Anyone seen a sunny tick in last 3 days?

If you have a large stock of seeds always wait for clear sky and that message in early hours. It's a quite bad winter this one, everybody stocking seeds atm.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

there have been at least 4 clear early hours/morning ticks to plant in the last 3 days (and those are just the ones my sorry inactive ass has caught :) )

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Aye there is sun if you look for it, but th season is winter, it's not supposed to be wildly sunny. I know it's a pain in the arse but that's the way it is :(

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Anyone seen a sunny tick in last 3 days?

There has been atleast 2 plantable ticks every day during the last 3 days, this coming from someone that plays no more than 2-3 hours a day at the moment makes me think that you are extremely innactive or just have **** luck.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

From someone who plays nearly every tick - there has been 2 straight ingame days in a row nearly of sun you could of caught ;)

Akster

Digger

Well my luck just sucks then, and what the hell? Im not going to play this browser game 12 hours a day that would be impossible, since all id be ding al day is sitting down at my computer doing nothing as i let the ticks go by, i do come on ever few hours or so on my laptop though, but as i dont really know how to predict if next tick a tornado is going to destroy 80% of my plants as i dont really know how you can guess when a sunny tick is coming up i just keep planting just before a tornado >_<, but since somehow everyone else knows that there is going to be tornados, thunderstorms etc and no sunny tick then im just at a huge disadvantage compard to all other players...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

ah i see what your doing wrong...

at "Early Hours" in the maintenance page it will say "The sun will be rising next tick...blah de blah"

THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL BE SUNNY! You have to look at the weather (the little picture top right hand side)..if the weather looks cloudy, or raining etc..DONT PLANT!

If you cant make out what kind of picture it is, hover over the picture with your mouse and cos of the way the page is made it'll say "Light rain" or "slightly cloudy" etc..

You need to wait until the skys are clear (unless you want to risk it, as sometimes the weather will change...but i wouldnt advise it)

(i will screenshot a good early morning pic in a sec and post it here)

Akster

Digger

I just made a big mistake :( i planted on clear starry night just before a sunny tick (lucky me) BUT i forgot my gardeners i just sent 20 mins ago to attack a bot...had to quickly recall and PRAY it stays sunny for a littl longer....:'(

Loz

Harvester

you dont need to send gards to bots, send afew 100t lets and 9/20 times the bots run.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

lol...9/20...is that a proven statistic...hehe

Loz

Harvester

ok smarty pants :p

im not in bot range :mad:

Akster

Digger

Oh, and btw, i know what weathers are, bu i thought the weather was more random than it is i.e dont usually have 2 sunny ticks in a row or more, i just had a lack of knowledge on this matter...still learning :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Akster said:
Oh, and btw, i know what weathers are, bu i thought the weather was more random than it is i.e dont usually have 2 sunny ticks in a row or more, i just had a lack of knowledge on this matter...still learning :)

Hehe, you seem to lack knowledge of more than just the weather matters, but its okay, we've all walked the way, just ask what you don't understand and if you want you understand things you will! :p