Antirape

Mirey

Weeder
grrrrrr, i attacked someone who is 145% my score, and i triggered AR, thats just.... well.... annoying...

yes, i'm too lazy to work out AR, i just assumed, seeing as he is 1.5 my score i can't trigger, i'm wrong, clearly.

that is all.

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: Antirape

From what I've experienced their is no accurate way of calculating AR or the chances of trigerring unless you know the exact AR mod of the person you're attacking. Even then using the AR calc in bobwo isn't totally reliable. I've had the same problem with attacking up, but it's less common than when attacking down. Best thing to do is to carefully examine the Spy reports for recent attacks, always keeping an eye out for SAS in the report. Even then its a game of chance, as I have attacked people with no recent news and still triggered. Knowing if someone has been allied in the past helps, as you know that they aren't pure solo and have only the basic AR mod. Either way sometimes you'll waste your time, others you wont.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Always spy your target at attacking for 3, no if's, but's or maybe's ALWAYS!

Spy your target at attacking for 2 and 1 as well in case some stealth rush appears and triggers.

Only way to absolutely never trigger AR on a solo is to send below the minimum, given 90% AR mod.

(Value of target *50*1,45 > the cost of your mob= No risk of trigger). With the right route and a good thought out Mob you can get away with it.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Enrico said:
(Value of target *50*1,45 > the cost of your mob= No risk of trigger). With the right route and a good thought out Mob you can get away with it.

Is this a rough guide. or a sure bet?

also ["target value" * 50 * 1.45] is equivalent to ~"target value * 72.5

or did i miss inturpret the equation?

Subdivisions

Harvester

Just so people don't get the wrong idea. "target value * 50 * 1.45" does not guarantee you won't trigger, not to mention that formula has a typo and was meant to be "target value * 0.5 * 1.45"

But, still that will only guarantee you won't trigger if the person has an AR mod of 50%. To be guaranteed not to trigger at all you have to do these 2 things:

1) Calculate their AR score (if they are psolo they have an AR score that is used instead of the original score, and is calculated as follows):

:: Note 'land' = opponent's land

Let x = land * land * 8
Let y = land * land * 20
Let z = y - x

Then:

AR calculation score = Original score - z

2) To be guaranteed not to trigger you have to send 10% of their AR score, since theoretically they could have an AR mod of 90%, and so to accomplish that do:

AR calculation score * 0.1 * 1.45

:: Note you can send up to 1.45 of someone without triggering...

Remember this is just the score value you can send, so to change that into cost of troops, multiply the answer by 500.

Also, sending at someone when they have 90% AR is most likely not going to work out, unless they just got zero'd (so injured troops don't come back before you get there....) and you send only geos (and maybe a bit of flak) to steal land. Hope this helps!

;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Find a target.

A + TAB

Log off for a couple of hours.

Come back to either complete suicide or a nice bit of land.

I've been doing it all round and it's only bitten me in the ass once :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer

you're seriously lucky, i've been using the same method as you toby and i've only not been bitten in the ass once.

my poor ass :(

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Subdivisions said:
Just so people don't get the wrong idea. "target value * 50 * 1.45" does not guarantee you won't trigger, not to mention that formula has a typo and was meant to be "target value * 0.5 * 1.45"

But, still that will only guarantee you won't trigger if the person has an AR mod of 50%.

;)

Eh.. nope. Don't try to correct me if you are clueless good sir.

My calculation was correct.

Target value * 500 *0,10*1,45 to be precise

500 as 1 bill value means you can send 500 bill worth of units,(read the manual on units contribution to value, units are worth 1/500 of their purchase prize, in value), 0,1 as that equals 90% AR mod. 1,45 as that is the minimum kick in for AR type 1 (type1 upgrades to type 3 if LETs in your mob.)

But you still have to spy, due to cheaters triggering or idiots sending blind, or the occasional buy-up

Subdivisions

Harvester

Enrico said:
Um, your original calculation was not 100% correct, and I must admit at first glance I thought you were doing something else, but nonetheless, your calculation is still wrong.

You didn't include the extra calculation that a pure solo gets (their Anti-rape score is calculated slightly differently, since it uses land * land * 8 in it's calculation, instead of the land * land * 20 that their value score is made up of...). I suggest you go reread my post, as you might see what I am saying...and refer to the manual as necessary...

Enrico said:
Don't try to correct me if you are clueless good sir.
In the future, please refrain from trolling with remarks that are just as, if not more, applicable to yourself. Thanks.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Subdivisions said:
Enrico said:
Um, your original calculation was not 100% correct, and I must admit at first glance I thought you were doing something else, but nonetheless, your calculation is still wrong.

You didn't include the extra calculation that a pure solo gets (their Anti-rape score is calculated slightly differently, since it uses land * land * 8 in it's calculation, instead of the land * land * 20 that their value score is made up of...). I suggest you go reread my post, as you might see what I am saying...and refer to the manual as necessary...

Ah, you are right about the psolo land-issue. Will probably be possible to do a very decent approximation to recalculate the value, for solos with little land (say below 3000) and an average army the difference will be small . The fact that my calculation takes in calculation a 90% ar mod (which is extremely rare, as that would mean they have just been raped senseless) also offsets it. Remember, at 80% ar mod you can send double the staff than at 90%