Alliance HQ units

Ovr9000

Digger
Anyone have a spy report of watch towers or concrete nests or sandbag bunkers in action?

I want to know how they really do.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Re: Alliance HQ units

sorry this isnt what you asked for, but im not sure you will find what your after. because most allainces tech up to having maxinum eta visibility on incoming. then once they have that, they dont bother with the rest unless exceedingly rich. this is because unless your leaving troops at the allaince base. which gives away the base id, and from which people can work out what allaince your in. it also shows your men as not home. so someone may have a try to get your land when 90% of your allaince is offline and there will be no one to defend you. so few peopel leave men at thier hq base. making base defence pointless

anyway in addition to this, as most players dont send to the allaince id there will be even fewer people attacking an allaince hq. and fewer people still that will have any watchtowers or nests to defend the hq

or at least this was how we did things "in my day" not sure this round.

even if people did plan to develop those said items and did get attacked and some one could answer your question. the chances are that most allaince in that position probably only started tax and donations once most members were significantly teched. also once they have developed the tech to get maxinum view on incoming etas they will reduce or remove tax. SO put simply. very few alliances will have them developed yet... and even fewer will have seen them in action. and fewer still will use forums

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

willymchilybily said:
this is because unless your leaving troops at the allaince base. which gives away the base id,

Techincal point, it doesn't give away the base ID anymore, for any alliance HQ, its just AHQ!Alliancename :)

JJbrosandjl

Harvester

When Protest had no LETs, we used the HQ.

We spent trillions on HQ troops, so ask Mene/MattM for them ;)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
Willy just for record max ETA isnt always best possibility.
ETA 5 is in most cases actually better than ETA 6.

as i dont do much allaince play i wouldnt know i guess :S..

why is it better eta 5 than eta 6 in most cases?

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener

[range] 9,982 allied HQ Challenger 2 attacked, killing 355,239 hostile staff.

Not exactly what youre after, but i thought it was kinda relevant...

Hoofed

Weeder

you never really see those units in action, because they are immobile and cant defend any allaince members. they're only use is to protect the challengers while the leader and MO arent online. but even in that case the allaince members online will usually defend the HQ.

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator

Ovr9000 said:
Anyone have a spy report of watch towers or concrete nests or sandbag bunkers in action?

I want to know how they really do.

HQ Units
HQ Challenger 2 9,982 : 355,239 (1:35.6) submitted by [Ninja-7]
Watch Tower 69 : 6,390 (1:92.61) submitted by Podunk
Sandbag Gun 36,247:680,979 (1:18.79)submitted by Podunk

-> clicky <- May be of some use in the future :)