A Song of Ice and Fire

TehPantz

Head Gardener
a-dance-with-dragons_240.jpg

Go get!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
ender's game series first (both)

reading Tomorrow, When the War Began series atm.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Just watched the first 6 episodes of game of thrones.

Epic.

cb1202

Head Gardener
I am currently finishing up the Wheel of Time (on book 8 TY pantz for the recommendation (again)) then I plan on reading this. Also IAS Ender's Game stuff is amazing. I go back and read those whenever I get bored. So amazing. There are actually like 4 books in the series and like 10 other parallel stories. I have only read the 4 from the original series though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ender's_Game_Chronology-2.PNG

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I'm trying to read a game of thrones atm, not really getting in to it. May just try and catch the TV series instead.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I'm trying to read a game of thrones atm, not really getting in to it. May just try and catch the TV series instead.

Do it.
It's amazing from what has come out so far (series 1).

Though thinking of it, it did take 1/2 episodes to get into the TV series too.

Can't wait for series 2.

tomtree

Head Gardener

Do it.
It's amazing from what has come out so far (series 1).

Though thinking of it, it did take 1/2 episodes to get into the TV series too.

Can't wait for series 2.

i read the book and really enjoyed it, but i never really got into the serries.... watched the first 2/3rds of it but just didnt really like it. it felt to me like it was a low budget thing with **** actors (im not saying it was low budget, just had that feel to it for me). 2nd book in the serries seems to be a harder read than the first, but still enjoying it. :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The books are great. They do take awhile to get into though because he sets up such a hugely enormous setting. They are really worth the read IMO. I haven't seen the show yet.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Try Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson about 10 books so far. Biggest magic, biggest battles biggest multi-verse ever. Theres no heroes like Rand or the too good for his own good Richard Rahl their either totally evil or some shade of grey.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
Shall probably be taking Game of Thrones (book) to New Zealand so I have something to read on the flight, really enjoyed the TV series. Pretty sure it was one of HBO's most expensive productions, filmed in good ole Norn Iron! ;D Second season is currently being filmed here, my mate is on the 1st assistant director team as a stand in AD. Have seen a few pictures from the sets and they are awesome!

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Yeah I'm still sticking with the book, and I'm starting to get more in to it now. So it's all good. The main problem I had (and still having to an extent) is that there's like a million characters, and every page more seem to be introduced or mentioned. As I only have time to read 2-3 chapters a night it can be a bit hard to remember who everyone is. But I think I'm getting to grips with that.
As for the TV series, it's the main reason I decided to read the book, I'd heard the TV series was awesome. Hope I can see it soon!

Alvestein

Garden Designer
started reading the books, its SO confusing at the start!
I was kind of like mattheus, the writing style made it a bit hard to get into but now im about half way into the first bookand really into it! kinda dont wanna watch the tv series because ive got all the peopole and names in my head the way i want them and think the series might ruin it :(

Alvestein

Garden Designer
The main problem I had (and still having to an extent) is that there's like a million characters, and every page more seem to be introduced or mentioned. As I only have time to read 2-3 chapters a night it can be a bit hard to remember who everyone is. But I think I'm getting to grips with that.

back of the book its got every main family branch with a list of people associated with them. helped me with a bunch of names xD

Mattheus

Head Gardener
WHAT

I did not know that. That would have helped a lot.

Buuuuut I've given up on the book tbh. I wasn't really getting in to it. Guess it's not my type of book.