5 Min ticks

Armada

Digger
I think the game would b so much better if the ticks are halved and made 5 min intervals - this would help new players begin and activity increase 10 fold - please leave your comments and thoughts thanks - Armada Kopecs

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I'm afraid not. People are as active as they can be, or as they want to be. What you are suggesting would increase DEMANDS on activity, which is not the same thing. Basically people would have to be more active, or they would die constantly. Which would result in a lot of people dying constantly, becoming frustrated, and giving up playing entirely.

It certainly wouldn't help new players because the game would be much faster, activity would be much more important, and they would be getting killed even more than they are with 10 minute ticks. This would lead to a lot of new players quitting.

There was a mini round back around round 29 which was half the length of a normal round, I think, and although the chaos was fun for some people, it was far too intense to be made a permanent fixture.

If anything, I would say it is a better idea to slow the ticks down to 20 minutes. Not that I'd support either change. 10 minute ticks are fine.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I think the game would b so much better if the ticks are halved and made 5 min intervals - this would help new players begin and activity increase 10 fold - please leave your comments and thoughts thanks - Armada Kopecs

the ticks may be found slow by you, but if your in an (semi)big alliance and you get allot of incoming in 1-3 ticks (alliance attack) you really need the 50 minutes to arrange any type of defence/ battle-plan.

in 25 it would be to stressful and not manageable.

TehPantz

Head Gardener
Also, when the shorter time was experimented with, it favored rushes. People could mass harriers, RPGs, etc, adrenaline boost and get to the target way too fast.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Also, when the shorter time was experimented with, it favored rushes. People could mass harriers, RPGs, etc, adrenaline boost and get to the target way too fast.

Don't remind me.

Our alliance with 17 thugs with mass range units with 100 incs that have been rushed eot to be eta 1/2 and not being able to fight properly.
Even if we just had 1 striker or 1 big robo it'd have been manageable.

Nightmare even though we lasted 2 weeks of it ;P

slowbicycle

Beginner
i agree that 10 ticks is fine. it would completely change the dynamics of attacking, defending and growing.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
To echo the negative responses already posted, I'd add that contactability is not a positive aspect of the game - And this change would make 24/7 contactability even more of a necessity for ftw or even semi-ftw alliances.

Adjusting our round length would be a more sensible way of addressing the issues the game has at the moment, without impacting very heavily on the dreaded contactability issue.