5 Min Ticks

Hippie

Harvester
I, Hippie, hereby petition the great and mighty Azzer for the introduction of permanent 5 min ticks. What better a way to get people involved then if they don't have to sit around for so long on attacks and they can get more money :D

- Hippie

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: 5 Min Ticks

nah, too intense.....makes me be too active (when i am playing)...

i like the idea of having a round like this one every 6 months maybe...so twice a year have a quick 6 week round of 5 min ticks...but i couldnt handle this every round!!!

x

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

I hereby suggest for Azzer to change ticks to 15 or 20 minutes and as such reduce the activity demands of this game and make it easier to join in and play even if your not as active and as such get more players to play this game.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

No thanks i want to be able to work AND play ;P

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

The general topic!
Sorry you posted just before i did.

I can't do uni work and play 5 min ticks.
:symp1:

timtadams

Landscape Designer

NO WAY!!! :shock:

I dont mind BWs idea actually, maybe 15, but not 20min, waaaaaaay too long

and yeah, a lot of us need to study, that is one reason why i could do 15min ticks, but still 10 min ticks OK :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

5 minute ticks is too intensive. You would kill the game in record time. I know i certainly wouldn't be able to play another round like this one. 10 minute ticks are good.

Lupus

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
I hereby suggest for Azzer to change ticks to 15 or 20 minutes and as such reduce the activity demands of this game and make it easier to join in and play even if your not as active and as such get more players to play this game.

agreed

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

BlackWolf said:

that would be even worse than 5 min ticks...i kinda see what your saying but imagine 20 min ticks...you'd need to be online for over 2 hours just to send 1 attack and see it through...also imagine your alliance is getting waved over and over, to be effective you'd have to be online for hours and hours...also would make attacking an alliance ALOT harder

bad bad idea...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

i did say it was a good idea (BWs idea), but the more i think about it the better it seems, the game would be a lot less hectic, and easier to play for most of the playerbase. I think this would make it more enjoyable, maybe. Maybe we could have another mini-round with 15min ticks, just third teching times ect, if thats not too hard...and maybe triple income

then again it may go too slow...definitely not 20 min ticks like pinpower said

lol, this thread turned from 5 min ticks to 15 min ticks, sorry Hippie ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Before we start trying to change tick length; can i hear some reasons why 10 minute ticks are bad? If it ain't broke, don't screw around with it. i think 10 minute ticks are possibly approaching the perfect length, an extension to 15 minutes would be possible, but why would we do it? Not to mention the brain shift we'd have to work through to work out ticks etc.

I think 10 minute ticks works just fine; where's the problem with them please, can someone show me?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I'd hate to see the ticks become longer. It's hard enough to kill a person properly as it is.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

How does changing tick length affect killing someone? :p
No honestly my "suggestion" was meant to be sarcastic joke...
And for pinpower I could say that at least you could go out for 1.5 hours before you need to be back to spy... then go out again for 3 hours before you can send again. Ofc it would change all this "sitting on comp 24/7" stuff to be a lot more boring, but in other hand it might give people some free time... but still it was meant to be joke not real idea.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

5 minute ticks are way toooooooo intense for regular active play
burnout happens often enough as it is with 10 minute ticks
with 5 it would be even more so....

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

BlackWolf said:

How do you manage to remember to breathe in and out without instructions? Seriously?

It's pretty simple how tick length affects killing someone. If a mob takes longer to arrive, there's much more time for defence to be organised, or for the target to get online.

Was that too difficult?

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

5 min ticks permenately????

I HAVEN'T SLEPT SINCE ROUND STARTED!!!!

2 hour ticks FTW!!!!

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

tobapopalos said:
BlackWolf said:

How do you manage to remember to breathe in and out without instructions? Seriously?

It's pretty simple how tick length affects killing someone. If a mob takes longer to arrive, there's much more time for defence to be organised, or for the target to get online.

Was that too difficult?
I have no idea about that breathing thing... must be why I pass out once in a while... Thanks man! At least now I know why.
But seriously... You take a guy and put knife to his guts... dead... or you take gun and put pullet to some ones brains... dead.
Cant see difference between time here...

Ok ok... lets give game example.... huge biker attacks that poor PoM... he still dies lie he always did. That alliance rapes that smaller one... that smaller one still dies like they always did. And yes you still cant attack bigger alliances than your own cause you cant organize proper attack and dont have skills to recruit such people you would ever be able to beat anyone bigger than you.
Poor you... but dont blame ticks of your own faults.

PS. ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I attack on my own, so it's nothing to do with my organisational skills. In a one-on-one it's bound to be much more difficult to kill someone if it takes 2 hours for your mob to arrive. The defenders have much longer to get defence there, to call people online, to get the target online, etc. And even in alliance attacks it's going to make it much easier for the defending alliance, no matter what my organisational skills, as they have much more time to mull things over and plan their defence. If it wasn't easier to kill people with shorter timed attacks, then why would people bother using pure let rushes? Surely they would just send everything eta 5 instead.

I can't help but think that you're just being obtuse for the sake of argument. You're wrong. Get over it.