• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Confirm add ignore

Ezekiel

Harvester
Well I wouldn't be so careless.
I still dont realise how it is the games fault for you rushing back to recall and making a mistake.

I don't see how this suggestion is saying that. It's just a simple layout change. No real negative impact. If you don't have the problem then obviously you don't need to be in this thread.

Hmmm

And I'm sorry, am I not aloud to post? I was under the impression this was a forum, ya know, where you discuss stuff that affects you in some way or another. My mistake.

I think you just made your own argument invalid?

...not at all?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I could add a confirmation but the distance between the hax0r button and the add ignore link are not much less than the distance between the details and recall links on a mob, really, and certainly further than the distance between any two items in the menu. Not to mention if you do click the ignore link, you get taken to your ignore list page with a list of ID's that are ignored including the one you just ignored.

Maybe I give too much credit to players, but I'd have thought even somebody with spazzy mouse clicking abilities that often clicks the wrong items whenever they're on a computer would at least be vaguely aware of what's on the screen after they click, eg "Wait a minute, this hax0r looks suprisingly like my ignore list, maybe I'd better see if I accidentally ignored them instead of hax0ring them"?

I don't know if anybody mentioned this:

Many of us have Polo's extension. After we click a name and quickly try to click spy, Polo's bar above saying, "This version of nobreakspace has expired. To check for a new version, press ALT then T then A, then hold down ALT and F." appears. This causes us, when we're trying to click spy, to accidentally click ignore, which is extremely, extremely annoying.

:p

Davs

Garden Designer
I could add a confirmation but the distance between the hax0r button and the add ignore link are not much less than the distance between the details and recall links on a mob, really, and certainly further than the distance between any two items in the menu. Not to mention if you do click the ignore link, you get taken to your ignore list page with a list of ID's that are ignored including the one you just ignored.

Maybe I give too much credit to players, but I'd have thought even somebody with spazzy mouse clicking abilities that often clicks the wrong items whenever they're on a computer would at least be vaguely aware of what's on the screen after they click, eg "Wait a minute, this hax0r looks suprisingly like my ignore list, maybe I'd better see if I accidentally ignored them instead of hax0ring them"?

I don't know if anybody mentioned this:

Many of us have Polo's extension. After we click a name and quickly try to click spy, Polo's bar above saying, "This version of nobreakspace has expired. To check for a new version, press ALT then T then A, then hold down ALT and F." appears. This causes us, when we're trying to click spy, to accidentally click ignore, which is extremely, extremely annoying.

:p

This has been mentioned - but by the sound of things, that's something for Polo to fix rather than Azzer.

Ram

Head Gardener
I still dont realise how it is the games fault for you rushing back to recall and making a mistake.

I don't see how this suggestion is saying that. It's just a simple layout change. No real negative impact. If you don't have the problem then obviously you don't need to be in this thread.

Hmmm

And I'm sorry, am I not aloud to post? I was under the impression this was a forum, ya know, where you discuss stuff that affects you in some way or another. My mistake.

...not at all?

Yes sir, I think you did.
You said that forums are where people are allowed to voice their opinions. But you said that I shouldn't voice my opinion in this thread.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Except Polo's officially given up NBS.

Then keep poking him until he changes his mind lol

Either way, if the problem is caused by an add-on it isn't Azzer's problem.

No, but a simple change in layout could remedy a problem that must be causing at least 100ish people the same a real annoyance. Polo isn't likely to come up with a fix, even if he does it'll mean everyone has to update their addon to solve this - moving the spy button would be easier :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Then again..
How should the Lay-out be then?

Add 4 more brakes between the spy and ignore link?
Move the Spy etc buttons above the ignore links?
Place ignore link as first of all links?

It's nice how there are people complaining, but nobody really gives input in how to "solve" this..

Ram

Head Gardener
I really dont see what the problem is. It isn't as if the majority of the community is having this problem, because the majority isn't retarded.

Ezekiel

Harvester

Hmmm

...not at all?

Yes sir, I think you did.
You said that forums are where people are allowed to voice their opinions. But you said that I shouldn't voice my opinion in this thread.

Actually if you read properly, like all the words not just what you want, you'll see I said "stuff that affects you one way or another. If this doesn't affect you, then you don't need to bash it, especially since there is no negatives of moving some buttons a little further apart.

Except Polo's officially given up NBS.

Then keep poking him until he changes his mind lol

Either way, if the problem is caused by an add-on it isn't Azzer's problem.

No, but a simple change in layout could remedy a problem that must be causing at least 100ish people the same a real annoyance. Polo isn't likely to come up with a fix, even if he does it'll mean everyone has to update their addon to solve this - moving the spy button would be easier :p

this.

Then again..

It's nice how there are people complaining, but nobody really gives input in how to "solve" this..

I believe moving them a bit has already been the suggested fix? A small change for a small problem.

I really dont see what the problem is. It isn't as if the majority of the community is having this problem, because the majority isn't retarded.

Again, maybe if you read from page one you'll see quite a few people accidentally ignore other quite a lot of the time. Don't have to be retarded to accidentally click do you.

Davs

Garden Designer
Then again..

Switch the positions of "Add Ignore" and "Send Mail".

I picked "Send Mail" as it seems to be the least damaging (ott way of phrasing it, but as add note and add friend both have a similar effect as add ignore, send mail seemed more appropriate).

Admittedly, people will still miss the spy button and hit that link instead, but at least this way they won't be altering any lists of any kind. And if it goes to the mail page, you just hit back and nothing has been changed.

The only way I can see to stop people missing the button is to make it huge, which is just pointless - so reducing the damage caused by missing the link is the best way around the solution (imo)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I can't believe this has been going on for 4 pages. Is it really such an important change that it is worth arguing about?

A confirm ignore button would be handy, in my opinion, since you can so easily put people on ignore by accident. Last round I had a few ally-mates on ignore until I realised and corrected it.

Davs

Garden Designer
I can't believe this has been going on for 4 pages. Is it really such an important change that it is worth arguing about?

A confirm ignore button would be handy, in my opinion, since you can so easily put people on ignore by accident. Last round I had a few ally-mates on ignore until I realised and corrected it.

You clearly don't understand how serious this problem is. For some people it can mean the difference between life and death.

Oh wait, no, you're 100% right.

Souls

Official Helper

You clearly don't understand how serious this problem is. For some people it can mean the difference between life and death.

Oh wait, no, you're 100% right.

My family died because I accidentally put them on ignore. Don't joke :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Don't be so ignorant. The sheer number of responses to this thread indicates this isn't impacting on a handful of people but a large number.

That number isn't "retarded" - If you read this thread properly you'd have ascertained people accidentally hitting ignore is nothing to do with their capacity to select the right option - its the way the page loads in conjunction with the nobreakspace addon.

Thus, as nbs isn't likely to be updated to provide a fix - it may be worthwhile changing the layout of the buttons - again as has already been pointed out.

This is the suggestions sub-forum. If you're easily offended/annoyed by suggestions I suggest you don't visit. Or learn some manners.

Ram

Head Gardener
I'm not offended or annoyed. I'm voicing my opinion.
It would take polo less than 5 minutes to get rid of the message, why change the layout for something that would take such little time? or if some one has the most recent xpi im sure one of us can do something with the code.

Davs

Garden Designer
Although I don't really see this suggestion as a big deal in any way, and see no real reason to change it - I can accept that there are those who do. Thus, rather than being negative, rude and generally a bit of a dick about it, I've actually made a suggestion which (imo) would be a good solution to the problem several individuals apparently have.

Please note the difference between our approaches.

<3

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Then again..

Switch the positions of "Add Ignore" and "Send Mail".

Admittedly, people will still miss the spy button and hit that link instead, but at least this way they won't be altering any lists of any kind. And if it goes to the mail page, you just hit back and nothing has been changed.

When you hit "ignore" link, you also get directed to your Ignore list..
Now what is the big deal?
You just click "delete" and then go back 2 pages..
Wow effort, takes you an extra 3 seconds..

People who "accidentally" puts ID's on the ignore because of the place where the link is.. are just impatient people who can't wait for that extra 0.001 second for the page to fully load.