• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Confirm add ignore

Ram

Head Gardener
I'd only suggest thinking of people on iPhones and the like Azzer.

I constantly add notes to people instead of hack them.

Then you zoom in more.... Confirmation would just be annoying (1 extra click :/)

Ezekiel

Harvester
I'd only suggest thinking of people on iPhones and the like Azzer.

I constantly add notes to people instead of hack them.

Then you zoom in more.... Confirmation would just be annoying (1 extra click :/)

It wasn't my suggestion to add a confirmation, I don't want it. I was referring to Azzers point about distance's between stuff and spazzy clicking (not very PC HMMMMMM?). Sort of off topic I guess but well, he bought it up :)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I could add a confirmation but the distance between the hax0r button and the add ignore link are not much less than the distance between the details and recall links on a mob, really, and certainly further than the distance between any two items in the menu. Not to mention if you do click the ignore link, you get taken to your ignore list page with a list of ID's that are ignored including the one you just ignored.

Maybe I give too much credit to players, but I'd have thought even somebody with spazzy mouse clicking abilities that often clicks the wrong items whenever they're on a computer would at least be vaguely aware of what's on the screen after they click, eg "Wait a minute, this hax0r looks suprisingly like my ignore list, maybe I'd better see if I accidentally ignored them instead of hax0ring them"?

You're forgetting quite often anyone in the hack/spy process probably has about 10 tabs open to hack/spy potential targets.

Its not a massive problem, just irritating as it can happen quite frequently if you're spying a lot of people at once.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You're forgetting quite often anyone in the hack/spy process probably has about 10 tabs open to hack/spy potential targets.

Its not a massive problem, just irritating as it can happen quite frequently if you're spying a lot of people at once.

Like I say, I think I credit people with too much mousing ability... I've never clicked a wrong link in the game menu, let alone press an entirely wrong button, and the difference in shape, style, format and position of the "Hax0r" (a button) and the "Ignore" (a link) just seemed too great! I've never clicked "I'm feeling Lucky!" instead of "Google Search" on Google's home page, for example, and they're the same distance and both the same style and shape, too! :p Maybe loads of you do that though!

I've never played Bush on a mobile though (I don't and have never had/used a mobile with web ability), so perhaps that's where the problem stems (I don't know how difficult it is to click on a link in mobile browsers, perhaps the margin for error in clicking the wrong place on a screen is particularly big).

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Like I say, I think I credit people with too much mousing ability... I've never clicked a wrong link in the game menu, let alone press an entirely wrong button, and the difference in shape, style, format and position of the "Hax0r" (a button) and the "Ignore" (a link) just seemed too great! I've never clicked "I'm feeling Lucky!" instead of "Google Search" on Google's home page, for example, and they're the same distance and both the same style and shape, too! :p Maybe loads of you do that though!

I've never played Bush on a mobile though (I don't and have never had/used a mobile with web ability), so perhaps that's where the problem stems (I don't know how difficult it is to click on a link in mobile browsers, perhaps the margin for error in clicking the wrong place on a screen is particularly big).

You're right - but it does happen now and again - Even if it happened 10% of the time it'd happen everytime I look for a potential target, because I have at least 10 tabs open and my mouse is on fire clicking spy, next tab, spy, next tab etc.

Its not difficult to click ignore by mistake, is what I'm saying :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Aha! I know why its doing it now - it has nothing to do with ones accuracy with a mouse.

Its the way the page loads, at least it is for me. The page loads in a weird way! The spy button appears more or less where the ignore button is before dropping down to the place it should be. (the whole process takes only a moment but a speedy-mouse user will have already gone to click "spy" and instead hit "ignore".

Investigation complete!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Aha! I know why its doing it now - it has nothing to do with ones accuracy with a mouse.

Its the way the page loads, at least it is for me. The page loads in a weird way! The spy button appears more or less where the ignore button is before dropping down to the place it should be. (the whole process takes only a moment but a speedy-mouse user will have already gone to click "spy" and instead hit "ignore".

Investigation complete!

Yeah, thats how it always works for me...so before i even know what ive done ive added them to ignore :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I could add a confirmation but the distance between the hax0r button and the add ignore link are not much less than the distance between the details and recall links on a mob, really, and certainly further than the distance between any two items in the menu. Not to mention if you do click the ignore link, you get taken to your ignore list page with a list of ID's that are ignored including the one you just ignored.

Maybe I give too much credit to players, but I'd have thought even somebody with spazzy mouse clicking abilities that often clicks the wrong items whenever they're on a computer would at least be vaguely aware of what's on the screen after they click, eg "Wait a minute, this hax0r looks suprisingly like my ignore list, maybe I'd better see if I accidentally ignored them instead of hax0ring them"?

Yeah...but... if i accidently click it, i immediately press back/stop before the page loads, so i dont lose what im doing. If i remove them i gotta get back to intel page, and thats like a whole 3 clicks or so away :p

Confirmation would just be annoying (1 extra click :/)

But how often do you add people to your ignore list?

Investigation complete!

Yep! thats me too :D

Steve_God

Official Helper
Spot the NBS extension users :p

The problem doesn't lie with the Bush site, it lies with the delay in the NBS extension loading the "This version of nobreakspace has expired. To check for a new version, press ALT then T then A, then hold down ALT and F." at the top of the page.

This means that when in a rush, where the 'Spy' button is on the Intel page, is 'exactly' where the 'Ignore' button is after the top line has loaded :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I dont use NBS...

maybe this only happened to me when i had the old version still...

hmmm /me will check when i get spies :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Never, but if people are clicking too fast or carelessly thats their own fault.

BUT... what if im busy doing something important (MW2/study/wanking/whatever) and all of a sudden i remember 'Oh crap, i gotta check for defence!' /checks watch 'Oh crap, i got 20 seconds!' /runs to computer, clicks overview/military page, click ID...ok page loading...waiting for 'Spy' button to appear....aaaand THERE IT IS, CLICK SPY, OH CRAP IT JUST SHIFTED AND I JUST CLICKED ADD IGNORE! /quickly click back! arghhh page is taking its time to load...great that took like three seconds, i have 5 seconds left, the 'Spy' button reappears, wait 0.5s, click 'Spy' ok, page is loading....3 seconds....OMG WTF 0_o 5 IDS ALL DEFENDING FOR 3 TICKS!!! 2 seconds left....Click military page.....1 SECOND LEFT!!!! I MOVE MOUSE AT AN INCREDIBLE SPEED TO RECALL MOB....AND I OVERSHOOT IT BY ABOUT A CENTIMETRE! OH ****!! I RE-ADJUST THE CURSER ...LESS THAN ONE SECOND!!!! I click the recall button.....

...did i make it?!?!?!?!

page is loading....very slowly.....oh crap... IS THAT MY VALUATION OR MY RANK!?!?!?.....oh crap...'1 units returning eta 5'...

DAMN YOU AZZER, I NAME YOU!!! IF ONLY YOU MOVED THAT 'IGNORE' BUTTON AWAY FROM THE INTEL OPTIONS!!!

and now i am zeroed, all because of that ignore button

Now just imagine if that was you :D

TaO

Tree Surgeon
page is loading....very slowly.....oh crap... IS THAT MY VALUATION OR MY RANK!?!?!?.....oh crap...'1 units returning eta 5'...

and now i am zeroed, all because of that ignore button

Not 0d!
You still got 1 ETA5 unit left! :p

Ram

Head Gardener
Well I wouldn't be so careless.
I still dont realise how it is the games fault for you rushing back to recall and making a mistake.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I still dont realise how it is the games fault for you rushing back to recall and making a mistake.

Well, clearly if the ignore button wasnt near the intel options it wouldnt be clicked accidently :shock:

Ezekiel

Harvester

I don't see how this suggestion is saying that. It's just a simple layout change. No real negative impact. If you don't have the problem then obviously you don't need to be in this thread.

TaO

Tree Surgeon

I don't see how this suggestion is saying that. It's just a simple layout change. No real negative impact. If you don't have the problem then obviously you don't need to be in this thread.

I don't see how you just react on everything and everyone?

There is no need for a change on this part..

Ezekiel

Harvester
Obviously there is some need for change of this thread would not of been made and people wouldn't be backing it up.

And I'm sorry, am I not aloud to post? I was under the impression this was a forum, ya know, where you discuss stuff that affects you in some way or another. My mistake.

Ram

Head Gardener

Hmmm

And I'm sorry, am I not aloud to post? I was under the impression this was a forum, ya know, where you discuss stuff that affects you in some way or another. My mistake.

I think you just made your own argument invalid?

Davs

Garden Designer

Never, but if people are clicking too fast or carelessly thats their own fault.

[insert drawn-out exaggerated anecdote here]

/me remembers the good ol' days when you couldn't just click on the ID to get a link to spy them

Admittedly, I use this all the time, but even if the ignore link was moved - it clearly won't stop you missing the spy button. Perhaps the solution is to make the spy button so big you'd actually have to be blind/retarded to miss it? :p