Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

lol, one of my housemates (an extreme cod 4 player) came into my room in a panic yesterday when he heard this...i just laughed at how worked up him and his "clan" were getting...hehe

tbh i dont know why they've done it, but its no big deal...just means you'll have to play the game the way its meant to be played or not get it...your choice.

TehPantz

Head Gardener

lol, one of my housemates (an extreme cod 4 player) came into my room in a panic yesterday when he heard this...i just laughed at how worked up him and his "clan" were getting...hehe

tbh i dont know why they've done it, but its no big deal...just means you'll have to play the game the way its meant to be played or not get it...your choice.

Well half the beauty of PC gaming is the ability for customization. I love seeking out the new mods and fun addons that creative people come up with. Stupid move on Infinity Wards part imo.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, like i said i cant see how it would have hurt just to leave it how it was but people getting so worked up about it are just silly! Play the game how its meant to be played!!!! :p

Bored

Pruner
Yeah, like i said i cant see how it would have hurt just to leave it how it was but people getting so worked up about it are just silly! Play the game how its meant to be played!!!! :p

The problem is that they chose to take it out. From a competetive gaming standpoint, he almost ruins the game for us. Not being able to connect directly to servers, losing the ability to change weapon values (or even remove thm completely) and having to play with the ridiculous helis/bombing runs will hurt the competetive community.

That being said, that side of cod4 was maybe 10% of the entire community at its peak, so IW wont be taking a huge hit by doing this. However, some of the best times I had in cod4 were zombie games and rpg matches :(

TehPantz

Head Gardener
iwpcgamers.png

DedicatedServers.png

PCGamers.png

Souls

Official Helper
It really is a bad call on Activision's part. There's a reason past games have been successful for so many years on PC, and they're killing it. ;(

Bored

Pruner
so why dont you guys just keep playing cod4?

That may end up being the final result. When CoD:WaW came out, everyone from the competetive community wanted to play it. However, the lack of a demo feature ruined its chances at ever being a competetive game. This same trend may follow in MW2, where much of the community doesn't purchase the game due to a developers poor decision.

On the other side, many of the leagues (and PunkBuster) don't like to support old games when new ones come out (CS is the exception). So a lack of league support, plus an ever-increasing number of cheaters/hackers may hurt CoD4's chances

Souls

Official Helper
Well at this rate, CEVO and all the other leagues are probably going to have to stick with COD4. I don't see MW2 becoming the next league standard, with the changes that have been announced.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

signed!
127660 Total Signatures at the time of me posting this

To: infinity ward

Get Infinity Ward to review their decision not to allow fully dedicated servers for their forthcoming game release CoD:MW2. Remember that this Call of Duty was made popular by PC Gamers who have supported the series throughout.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

lol, dont expect them to even consider changing it. Just saying...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Im sure they realised there would be this sort of reaction and did it anyway...so dont hold your breath on a petition doing anything! :p

TehPantz

Head Gardener
I realize that it is a lost cause, but it feels nice to put negative energy into something that looks constructive. Guess they don't want my money because I am not going to buy it if it doesn't have dedicated servers.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i feel like enough people will buy the Xbox and PS games that PC users simply don't amount to enough of a profit-loss that they're willing to give them the ole heave ho.

It seems like stupid behaviour on their part but whatever, you guys will still be playing COD4 so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.