• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alternative sleep mode suggestion

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
alternative sleep mode suggestion.
background
davs, i so 100% disagree with you im suggesting further sleep mode posabilities, I have played this game for 6years, i have only not played 1 round since round 9, and always always always purchased a p-unit even when they were 10credits, I dont like to quit and im not easily disheartened. I also partake in gamecash., but at the moment my work and need for sleep for work means im limited in the amount of hours i put in. i sleepmode, alot. because i see my route as and easy kill due to my complete dissapointment in its ability (ranger) but none the less rock scissor paper there is always a route that can kill you when your ar is at 70% or below.

and currently the 8 hrs sleep mode is just shy of what i need to play outside of sleep and work hours. and twice now in that 1 hr im not finished at work, but out of sleep mode i have died. ....I'm too inactive to get enough land back to fully recover. in sleep mode too much to make any real money from my land relative to others. and ar drops very quickly.

I would love to be in an alliance, but a good one, and at the same time it would suck committing 7hrs a day to an alliance. that is not good enough imo to be in any top 5 alliance. not because i dont know ppl and couldnt get in. but when i play i am proud of what i can do, and feel im a good player. and would hate to ruin that by not being active enough, and lettign down an allaince with my inactivity

as for joining a poor ranked alliance. They wouldnt be acive enough to stop being farmed just like me. they dont even have a chance because if your in that alliance you can never have enough time zones online because the players just arent active enough period. it ruins your impression of alliances, and makes you angry and frustrated and more likely to quit. (if playing ftw)

financial reason
It is for these reason and one other that im making a suggestion. the other is money. i put a reasonable amount of equity into the game. and do not begrudge it at all because i see it as value for money for the entertainment i get from that p-unit or bit of quick gamecash....but as a solo i cant be online all the times my account is active currently. hence i die. disheartened. frustrated, not entertained. and no longer put money into azzers bank. 1 less p-unit = 1-2 more routes that can kill me in general. so i die more. i finally quit. not something i want to do. so if i could sleep mode until im back online hen i can ensure im online all the times i can play.

suggestion
a shorter sleep mode period, 3 hours and 4 hours. so there is still that break in between the sleep mode where i could forget to reinitialize sleep mode, and be killed. if my ar is low enough some one can still send at me. and i have to be active enough to reinitialize it.

but what this means is i can now vary how long i sleep mode.

3+3 = 6
3+4 =7
4+4 = 8
3+3+3 =9 etc

so if during work, i actually want 9 hours of sleepmode. I can do it. so if i am killed its harder to train me and rape me all the way to the bank. it also means i can sleep mode if i juist want to nip to the pub for a quick pint. i gain no advantage and infact if sleep more have just as little income, and still have chance for people to attack me.

sure i am sure it will ghet booed, people like to hit easy offline targets. but if every time you log in your dead you dont want to play. so let those that want to sleep sleep. let the player base expand. and then wih more players there will be more targets anyway.

I have played for a long time and i have never quit bush. so when i say i wounder as it stands if my current lifestyle i have time to play, then i mean seriously not just i want attention, or i got pissed off by something that happened in game/ irl etc. i seruously dont know if i want to play with the current situation and my current activity. hence my suggestion. desperation, and annoyance at davs suggesion because hes lucky enough to have all the free time in the world, where as those that can afford to put money into the game and work...dont have that time to commit.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
So I read this as "I'm inactive and I can't be bothered playing and I have a **** route, but I don't want to die. OMG BIG RED WIN BUTTON PLZ!!!"

Big no from me.

Turnip2k

Harvester
We need to remove the reason WHY people want to hit sleep mode.

Sleep mode is a symptom of a much bigger problem. Lets try to fix the problem rather than bickering about the symptoms.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
We need to remove the reason WHY people want to hit sleep mode.

Sleep mode is a symptom of a much bigger problem. Lets try to fix the problem rather than bickering about the symptoms.

So, what your saying is..

Make all troops NLD or NLT, make sure you cant steal any land from now on, and ofcourse! let the people who play inactive a reason to gain a nice rank?

Sleep mode should be removed in total, or stay as it is, with a max sleep period of 24 hours per week.

Davs

Garden Designer
Seeing as I was mentioned by name, I probably should make a comment on this.
Basically, toby pretty much covered it.
I have to say, going into sleep just so you can go to the pub? Wtf is wrong with you? Are you really that worried about incoming?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Seeing as I was mentioned by name, I probably should make a comment on this.
Basically, toby pretty much covered it.
I have to say, going into sleep just so you can go to the pub? Wtf is wrong with you? Are you really that worried about incoming?

True.

Not to mention Davs does not have all the free time in the world, nor does he play 24/7, or even anything close to that. As long as i've known Davs he has never played full time or even remotely close to that, he plays casually. Something you should possibly think of looking into if you find you don't have enough time to play actively.

There comes a time in every bushtarion players life when they have to start making decisions as regards real life and their ingame account. Most people make the real life choice as they grow up and the life/real world becomes more compelling and forceful in requiring attention and large amounts of time and concentration.

If you simply find you don't have enough time to play, then the problem is with you, good sir, not with the game. Good day.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
So many replies, all against

HOWEVER, i am yet to see ONE REASON not to implement the idea.

I agree with the suggestion. As far as im concerned sleepmode should be more flexible.

I should be able to choose how long i want to 'sleep' for in any number of hours. Any integer number between 1 and 24 hours, then days, then weeks.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
There are loads of reasons not to implement it. If you can't think of them yourself then I'm not going to help you.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I agree with the suggestion. As far as im concerned sleepmode should be more flexible.

I should be able to choose how long i want to 'sleep' for in any number of hours. Any integer number between 1 and 24 hours, then days, then weeks.

To paraphrase you, 'I have yet to see a good reason to implement that other than one person's whining about being unable to coordinate his real life and his bushtarion account' which is fundamentally not a good enough reason.

As toby says:
[12:02:01] <@toby> does it not occur to these people that if we could do that nobody would EVER DIE?
[12:02:11] <@toby> there wouldn't be a single ****ing battle in an entire round

timtadams

Landscape Designer
There are loads of reasons not to implement it. If you can't think of them yourself then I'm not going to help you.

Please do. Because this reply is often a cop out because they dont actually have anything.

To paraphrase you, 'I have yet to see a good reason to implement that other than one person's whining about being unable to coordinate his real life and his bushtarion account' which is fundamentally not a good enough reason.

As toby says:
[12:02:01] <@toby> does it not occur to these people that if we could do that nobody would EVER DIE?

Do you/Toby actually believe everyone will hit sleep because its more flexible? Not me.

Any integer number between 1 and 24 hours, then days, then weeks.

Really? I mean... honestly?

Yes, honestly

try here

From that thread, all i can see is that you are sick of your usual targets going to sleep, because they are sick of being raped every time they log off.

Maybe get better at attacking? Maybe you will actually have to sacrifice a hundred bill worth of troops once in a while? It works, really

Davs

Garden Designer
lmao...
As I only repeat attacks on specific individuals (who by chance this round haven't hit sleep once, that I've noticed) your point about me needing to get better at attacks is both foolish and irrelevent.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

As toby says:

Do you/Toby actually believe everyone will hit sleep because its more flexible? Not me.

I feel that a lot more people would use sleepmode if they could use it for an hour or two while they go to class, or popout for a party, or go out for the weekend or whatnot. Or just want to leave their PC for awhile and go live it up. This is a ridiculous suggestion. You would be, quite literally invulnerable, solos would be untouchable due to AR and sleepmode, the rank 1 ally would never be able to be killed by a resistance, ever, period.... etc etc. The minimum sleepmode amount should never, ever, be less than 8 hours for the reasons i've stated above. I'd prefer the minimum level to be increased in fact, to prevent abuse of sleepmode. Not to prevent use, but the abuse of sleepmode.

i fully admit that i would probably use sleepmode if i could use it for a min of 1 hour or so. Totally abused right, left and centre. This would have a negative impact on the number of battles, and while it might improve the survivability of newer and inactive players, it wouldn't make a damn difference because sure, they'd have lots of troops, but no targets. :(

I do fully support a reworked sleepmode, but this suggestion is just not right.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
[Edit] @ Davs[/edit]

There are 1,066 IDs (602 with more than 1000 land). Only 18 are asleep atm.

I fail to see logic

btw, Alci your point is valid, but we cannot be sure unless we try

Davs

Garden Designer
[Edit] @ Davs[/edit]

I fail to see logic

At the time I posted, there were more. And I'm not exactly the only person with a negative attitude towards the "over use" (imo) of sleep mode. I need only to point you in the direction of the many things said about the alliance "Old Farts" in a round prior to this current round.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
[Edit] @ Davs[/edit]

I fail to see logic

At the time I posted, there were more. And I'm not exactly the only person with a negative attitude towards the "over use" (imo) of sleep mode. I need only to point you in the direction of the many things said about the alliance "Old Farts" in a round prior to this current round.

Plus this is hardly the best time to look for IDs in sleep mode. Check again in 6 hours.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
[Edit] @ Davs[/edit]

I fail to see logic

Plus this is hardly the best time to look for IDs in sleep mode. Check again in 6 hours.

well, there is a lot more, all of 26 :/ maybe i should try again in a few hours...