resistance?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
can we start resisting already

ranks 2,3,4 & 6 match in size if not more than that of rank 1 (okay they no doubt have enough seeds to rape and buy up) but if the resistance doesnt start hitting them using the multiple players and complimentary routes to good effect we're gonna have another stale powerblock sort of round.

i understand the principle of killing off those non resistance alliances, and getting land to grow quicker. but there is no commitment its too half hearted. it is in a word... FAIL

kinda depressing so please can we make some effort to kill them before we get half way through the round. or at least make them buy up so they cant hit the lower alliances. and thus the fight for second place can begin. i want fighting and anarchy and war and shizzle

maybe im not in an important enough allie to the resistance and havent seen the extensive work thats been done yet. or maybe there hasnt been that much actual hitting on RRR. as far as i can tell. seen lots of hitting on other allies. but havent heard of any on RRR am i out the loop ? or is it just *points to first summary point* FAIL

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Numerous assaults have taken place on RRR. Inc at one point reaching 2-3bn from the resistance alliances. (Last week)

Unfortunately what was discovered on those hits is that RRR are readily contactable on a scale I haven't encountered in some time :p

I'm no longer involved in Resistance Planning though I believe the resistance's attention has been drawn to OF, whom last I checked refused to help attack a hardened RRR. As a result, a number of (but not all) resistance alliances went to attack OF - with a view to take their land and give themselves a better platform from which to attack RRR.

Even with clever planning, and the troops to carry it off - I'm dubious as to whether RRR's contactability will let them fall to a resistance strike of any size/strength.

That said JJ did come a staggering 4th in the Science Olympics, and for that reason alone RRR should stay on their toes at all times.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Resistence is hard when the other alliances leaders give up.

Give it some time untill someone who can roll with the bad times steps up so we can have good times.

TehPantz

Head Gardener
It is my understanding that the 'Resistance' is just people scrambling for as many acres as possible during the peace before war breaks out for second place. RRR has won and now its just a matter of opportunistic people taking advantage of their position before the resistance starts infighting.

...and now we play the waiting game.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Give it some time untill someone who can roll with the bad times steps up so we can have good times.

Pretty sure you were adamant the best way the resistance could act was to sit on seeds for 2 weeks.

Don't lecture me Mr LetsDoNothing ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

ranks 2,3,4 & 6 match in size if not more than that of rank 1 (okay they no doubt have enough seeds to rape and buy up) but if the resistance doesnt start hitting them using the multiple players and complimentary routes to good effect we're gonna have another stale powerblock sort of round.

You obviously don't understand what a powerblock is.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Pretty sure you were adamant the best way the resistance could act was to sit on seeds for 2 weeks.

Don't lecture me Mr LetsDoNothing ;)

DA, my idea at first was to keep as many people out of the top 10's range as possible, and when i was told you guys already had alot after about 20 minutes of DISCUSSION, we decided to attack..

However because of other alliances not joining in, namely the one that you used to lead, it has been very hard.

I just hope someone who doesnt just make long winded posts and then goes afk steps up in your place and we can start something off.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I couldnt find the effort this round, I've held my hands up to that.

Wish you the best of luck Twigs, really do - if there's two guys for the job its you and JJ :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You found enough effort to try steal my core players at round start and start conspiracy theories up at round start about me and JJ working together, dragging our names through the **** and you of all people accusing us of powerblocking.

... So tbh i aint letting you off that easy with that lame excuse and the only reason i havn't spoke out so far about you is because you led Fail, which seems to have some good members in their who want to resist.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
1) If they were your "core players" they would have stuck with you. You didnt tell anyone you were leading. Don't complain for leaving recruiting too late (which clearly you did).

2) Yes I had a lot more enthusiasm for the round at the start. As did we all. However now I've found playing this round to be more hassle than its worth, and have RL stuff that is more important atm.

Fail is still standing, Pin has co-led since day one. If you're claiming the resistance now doesnt stand a chance because I've left I'm flattered but you're incorrect.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
1) If they were your "core players" they would have stuck with you. You didnt tell anyone you were leading. Don't complain for leaving recruiting too late (which clearly you did).

They did stick with me - hence them not being in your alliance.
I always recruit 1 week before round start.

Was just the principle.
Maybe im wrong, it's how it seemed.

<DA|around> I still didnt know who you'd been playing with in the what, 8 rounds I'd missed :p

Mkkay.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

You obviously don't understand what a powerblock is.

probably true been solo for most of them. but i thought things may be staling was my only concern, and and that perhaps there wasnt enough activity, and hence theres a group of alliances feeding on those not resisting, to get big. im sure it wont last this way, why i went to the gripes section and not the discussion section.

but none the less it has many of the characteristics of a powerblock. with little outcome seeming to head in the way of resisting rank one and bringing them down and more time passing. i did say maybe i've not been so actively informed on the actuall RRR attacks.
As until now i wasnt aware there had been many.

but feel free to clearly define your definition of a power block, and its differing characteristics to that of the current state of affairs. Hence dismissing my concerns & gripes in a more helpful way.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
we're semi contactable because we don't want to be absolutely mullered. we're stil for fun, but hopefully through my alliances demonstration this round - you don't have to have activity to do well, you just need to have FUN.

We're having fun by not being a defensive alliance and being an offensive alliance and somehow we've pulled up into the top 3.

Now as far as resistance goes, I'm up for hitting and resisting. It's what my ally is about, but We've not taken part because other alliances are being massed other than RRR.

When the resistance is serious about coordinated efforts to hit RRR and is willing to take attack plan input from others, then My Troopahs will fight to the very last goddamn man.

That's a promise.

Podunk

Head Gardener
The attacks on RRR have been done and over with for about a week now yet there are still alliances that claim to be part of the 'resistance' my own alliance included, however personally I think its a load of bull. From what I've seen about this so called 'resistance' it has been nothing more than an excuse to bash alliances not involved in the resistance.

Now, my question to 'resistance' alliance leaders, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT RESISTING? Yet you have no problem organizing mass attacks on alliances such as OldFarts yet you won't launch mobs on RRR? Then you come on the forums saying this round hasn't been decided yet and RRR can still be toppled. Yeah good luck with that.

Lets let them sit on their acres and grow, they'll die off soon when they're buried up to their eyeballs in their seeds that they're stockpiling.

Either:
1) Resist.
2) Admit defeat so I can get to attacking once again.
3) Just form another powerblock like we have right now and jump off a bridge from boredom.

alexx

Harvester
the resistance alliances are pretty landfat compared to RRR.. as long as we take no losses and still grow we are gaining from waiting..

Ahead

Head Gardener
the resistance alliances are pretty landfat compared to RRR.. as long as we take no losses and still grow we are gaining from waiting..

Until you get into range? :p

Just to add to the topic, I agree with Podunk, it's pretty out of order for the so-called resistance to attack Old Farts. Oh, and does anyone see which three alliances have teamed up to hit them? Memories from the nooblock last round anyone??

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
OF where hitting us before hand and keeping us awake and that one guy who has now gone into sleep mode was rushing everyone else.

OF where just sitting there giving each ally incs so we have decided to remove them.

Then we will attack RRR.

Turnip2k

Harvester
Damn, an ally attacked us - will get 5 allies to bash them in retaliation! That doesn't seem like last rounds nooblock...at...al.......

Hey, wait a minute!?

Rock on 'resistance', keep BAAAAAAAAAAAing and you will be fine ;)

Podunk

Head Gardener
OF where hitting us before hand and keeping us awake and that one guy who has now gone into sleep mode was rushing everyone else.

OF where just sitting there giving each ally incs so we have decided to remove them.

Then we will attack RRR.

Bullshit. They won't ever be "removed". I know the group they won't roll over and die, they're a waste of 'resistance' troops in all honesty. As far as I'm concerned this is basically waving a big white flag of surrender by the 'resistance'.

Who cares if they gave you incs. Your was at rank 1 at some point, are you not contactable and active enough to defend? Or is being landfat as **** detrimental for attacking/defense?

Last edited:

TehPantz

Head Gardener
From my point of view i just see a sore loser who can't take the top spot (and he knows it) and is now operating former TBA using the guise of 'resistance' to bash the rank 5 ally so he can feel accomplished...piss poor imo