Nasty Changes - Member Defence Change

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I know this is gonna get flamed sooo bad!!

But

Defending New Members:
To help prevent abuse of the lovely new recruitment system, when a member joins an alliance, along with the system that recalled all of their previous incoming and outgoing defence, they are now also unable to send or receive any new defence for 90 minutes after being accepted in to their new alliance - this 90 minutes matches the old "90 minute solo" requirement that previous ages had before a member could join a new alliance. This change will help prevent possible abuse of the new recruitment systems, while still allowing them to be used as intended.

I know why its been changed, but changing something halfway through a mass atttack (which Azzer will know is going on...) is unfair...if the game allows you to do something its a fair enough tactic...to change that is fair enough but not halfway through a resistance...

Not fair IMO.

;)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
QFT.

I have to agree the timing of this is a bit unfair. Everyone else has been able to use this "flaw"/"vunerability" but when TBA put it to use it's closed down almost immediately.

Aye, Pin, no doubt going to get flamed. But this is the gripes forum for a reason :p

Matthew

BANNED
hahaha

It's also not fair when you attack sexeh grannies and inimical defend. Anap's were abolished for a reason (Yes this is a very poor excuse to conceal my laughter, sorry).

Last edited by a moderator:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Also, Virus do this for 2 weeks...then co-incidentily half-way through a resistance attack its changed...

:(

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

It's also not fair when you attack sexeh grannies and inimical defend. Anap's were abolished for a reason (Yes this is a very poor excuse to conceal my laughter, sorry).

In DA's words, QFT.

Virus are 2 alliances, you are 3, which helps you against the 24 hours rule.

[edit] Stop using the virus excuse please, they are NOTHING compared to you.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Azzer said he doesnt like powerblocks, perhaps mild criticism at him for possibly letting his own views as a fellow gamer show

was gunna happen at some point anyway

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
bahahahahaha, tough ****.

'If you don't like something, do something about it, don't just sit here and whine'

Hehe, it's fun being on the 'retarded answer' side this time ;P

Coulda sworn we spent the first two weeks of this round arguing with you guys over fair, and you told us to get over it, so feel free to take your own advice. ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
pinpower said:
if the game allows you to do something its a fair enough tactic...
;)

Also, Alci to be fair...this isnt the sort of thing we can "do something" about...game mechanics are a little out of reach!

hehe

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Then stop whining if you can't accomplish anything ;)

I know it's a gripes thread, yadda yadda, I just hope you weren't posting looking for sympathy ;)

Since everyone isn't going to like how you guys took ranks 1-3, i don't think anyone is going to care if the resistance got a helpful little boost once they got rolling. Since the round is one big cockup anyways

*shrugs* far be it from me to stop you from whining....

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Respect for azzer has gone way down, Azzer why the hell did you do anything earlier in the round when Virus was doing it constantly, they started the plan, stopped us from hitting them a few times. and then we do it, and im sure someone complains and you change it mid resistance so that we cant defend, that's seriously one of the gayest things I've ever heard. i thought you were better than that, i understand the change but an announcement way before attacks, or maybe even a Return all attacks then set it and make an announcement would have been nice but no you completely F' over an entire defense plan, epic fail m8.

-Davis

Matthew

BANNED
Respect for azzer has gone way down, Azzer why the hell did you do anything earlier in the round when Virus was doing it constantly, they started the plan, stopped us from hitting them a few times. and then we do it, and im sure someone complains and you change it mid resistance so that we cant defend, that's seriously one of the gayest things I've ever heard. i thought you were better than that, i understand the change but an announcement way before attacks, or maybe even a Return all attacks then set it and make an announcement would have been nice but no you completely F' over an entire defense plan, epic fail m8.

-Davis

:lol:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Im just venting!

But i do maintain its unfair for Azzer to clearly help a resistance effort so early on (its only 2 weeks in), especially after claiming to be un-bias (from an admin POV) so much on another thread.

If there was some sort of notice (or even if it wasnt in the middle of a huge attack) i would have honestly supported this game, i said before the round started that it was a silly loophole...

Meh, will be fun having easy targets again!!!

x

Jase

Harvester
Also, Virus do this for 2 weeks...then co-incidentily half-way through a resistance attack its changed...

:(

Thats actually true!! I was in vius!

+

Right in the middle of mass incoming is interfering with an attack no matter how you look at it!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
How could you fix a loophole that was allowing a huge array of abusing, Azzer... how could you...

Jase

Harvester
f0xx its not that he fixed it, its WHEN he fixed it, im sure you have enough braincells to see how it was unfair that he "fixed" something during the time the alliances using the "broken" system had mass incomings...

Im sure you would be sat crying like a wee baby if you was on the recieving end :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, like i said f0xx the change itself is good...i support that!

Like masterhunta said its the timing of the change that i think is insanely unfair (and unbias from an admin POV)
x

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Im just venting!

But i do maintain its unfair for Azzer to clearly help a resistance effort so early on (its only 2 weeks in), especially after claiming to be un-bias (from an admin POV) so much on another thread.

If there was some sort of notice (or even if it wasnt in the middle of a huge attack) i would have honestly supported this game, i said before the round started that it was a silly loophole...

Meh, will be fun having easy targets again!!!

x

Are you serious? So you have a powerblock (which is hardly considered skilled), and even then you see the need to exploit yet another loophole in the game. And THEN you still see the need to complain about it being changed? You shouldn't have been using the stupid loophole in the first place...
There's one thing having a game allow tactics that are a bit dodgy, there's a second thing actually using them. A bit like it's one thing having nuclear weapons, but another using them.
And a third thing complaining about it backfiring in your face. :'D
Got to say, brilliant one Azzer. :'D

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I don't see it as a change to help resistance. The new recruiting system was designed to help lost souls get in an alliance quicker not to be heavily exploited by winged groups.
As we all know Azzer wasn't in the best abilities to code for bush in last weeks so that might be the reason this bug wasn't fixed asap when virus was exploiting it, howoever as it started to get out of control even with the jawbone drilled he had to fix it :p