Anti Rape change

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Saying AR is now 'easier' to trigger and the AR mod decreases quicker now are we going to be told the new figures, e.g. what amount triggers and the new rate or is it going to be another bushtarion secret?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's the AR mod that has changed. The rate at which it increases from losses has increased by roughly 20%, but the rate at which it drops back down again has increased by about the same. So immediately after being hit it's now "easier" to get AR, but a while after being hit won't be as easy as before.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Azzer...thats not what we meant at the Creators Day....We wanted it to be easier to trigger at 0% AR, its way too hard at that point, especially now with no psolo...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Bit harsh...lol

But I agree with what Iamsmart is saying tho, i think it should be easier to trigger at 0% rather than overall...

x

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lowering of the 1.45/2.5/5.5/13 levels?

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Yes, i was fairly convinced that was the thing discussed and agreed on since creators hour.
Easyer to trigger with 0 ar mod since bunkers is the only playable route atm as solo in higher ranks, all others are ez mode to kill by at most a 2 man combo. And as downside ar mod to drop a bit faster.
The 20% faster ar mod gain is hardly helping since most of the times you get killed you should get over 100% ar mod anyway :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Getting old I guess... :(

Well I think 1.45 is too low already and with the reduced land score things should be alright.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
At a quick calc with one of the strongest and popular solo routes i got:

SO on 15 k acres with 20 mil agents 30 mil assasinss.

15k acres = 2.25 bil score
20 mil agents 30 mil assassins = roughly 2.5 tril = 5 bil score

So total score with developements and some seeds is easly over 7.5 bil

At 0 ar mod currently can be sent 5.45 tril worth of units which let's say is 100 mil poms or 50 mil poms 50 mil PA. If you saw a few BR's with this units you know what to expect.
Change around with vamps, a robo alone and other routes and see if the maximum mob attacking a solo is actually fair.
And all this considering the SO doesn't have any score into units which won't help deal damage like say 20 mil gards 10 mil traps 10 mil yobs 2 mil spikes which means an extra 1 tril worth of troops can be sent :s

So imo it's way over the overkill limit :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
DarkSider, no matter how much you tweak it, even if it triggers above 100% of a person's score, a pom, pom + PA, smart robo or vamp player will ALWAYS be able to rape the **** our of a SA.

As a solo you always get your injuries + insurance and high AR after you have been killed, while in allaince sometimes you might not even get defence and on top of that you might not get any injuries + insurance as well. And that is till without bringing "solo partners" into the equation.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to abuse the **** of the overpowered solos, I just think we should try to give more power to alliances instead.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I still don't know why people think giving power to alliances makes sense if they win every round :p and someone earlier posted that removal of psolo should balance this? It makes the situation (this specific one) worse, not better so im not sure where they got that :p

Dakbrew

Weeder
And with the new Injury/Insurance policy since you receive cash for lethal troops killed when you get Raped your score stay higher then if you lost all your troops and never got any insurance.

This makes it even easier for a group to kill your lethal troops and keep you in range longer so they can keep coming back for your land.

Before when you got raped 15 ticks later you had lethal troops people had to get past with out setting off AR.

I thought the whole point of AR was so a solo player could be have some time away from the game with a reasonable expectation of not being zeroed when he returned.

the current system will fall very short of this.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think before any more changes are made to solo/AR related stuff, we should run a round and see how things pan out, as at this stage, it is going to be purely speculation and guess work as to whether or not it needs tweaking, and if so, in what direction.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
...?

Why? The current change has nothing to do with what we WANT changed :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
I think before any more changes are made to solo/AR related stuff, we should run a round and see how things pan out, as at this stage, it is going to be purely speculation and guess work as to whether or not it needs tweaking, and if so, in what direction.

So we're left with faster ar mod drop and huge score from insurance money ? How can that be balanced by 20% faster ar mod gain which is only usefull if you get flaked earlyer in the round or pom-ed later so you loose acres without getting killed ? I doubt it happens many times to get killed without your ar mod not to reach max anyway so you just weakened solo play a lot and say stay one round like this and see if it's fair :s

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

It's clearly significantly damaged solo play so why not act now and see if that change works?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
So we're left with faster ar mod drop and huge score from insurance money ? How can that be balanced by 20% faster ar mod gain which is only usefull if you get flaked earlyer in the round or pom-ed later so you loose acres without getting killed ? I doubt it happens many times to get killed without your ar mod not to reach max anyway so you just weakened solo play a lot and say stay one round like this and see if it's fair :s

I didnt even fully realise how much this change sucks til i read that...

Yeah definately seems to be a change for the worst...Dont think its a good idea to leave it a whole round with solo play being even more difficult at a point where we are trying to get new players to join the game and continue to play. I would guess a fair proportion of those players will be playing solo, meaning harming solo play is directly harming the games chances of expansion.

(I agree with you in that this is all speculation, but from what i see its more likely to harm solo play than help/stay the same even. Do we really want to be making the game harder/harming a popular style of play at a time when we are trying to increase the playerbase dramatically???)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Bump - Sorry but I still think this deserves a good look and I think some others agree :)