• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Double seeds produced per acre in age 5?

Splatter

Weeder
So this round with 5 minute ticks everyone's been getting twice as many seeds per day than previous rounds - and I think it's great :D I can get zeroed one day, then two days later have enough troops to attack again, rather than before where I'd have to wait a week.

So I was thinking, if the same principle could be applied in age 5 with the 10 minute ticks by doubling seed output from all acres? I think it'd make the game alot more fun, I mean being able to rebuild twice as quick is great, battles are much bigger, I have less care for what happens to my troops cause I'll have them back in days, rather than weeks and I generally find stealing land isn't as important as it used to be because I don't need as many funds to get interesting battles.

I can't see it changing things alot, I mean, double everyones troops and battles will probably be the same. I just see it making people be alot less annoyed to be zeroed etc. Oh, and it always makes me feel warm and Fuzzy inside to see some obsence amount of dead troops :D

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Double seeds produced per acre in age 5?

Okay, let's see how this will affect the game overall, not just you.

1. More active and skilled alliances will get ahead faster at the start
2. Zeroed people will bounce back faster.
3. Smaller players will be getting in range of bigger player faster.

I personally like all of those.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i actually like this idea, im loving the 5 min ticks because of the increased seed production per RL day...so if we could have that without the TOO intense play of 5 min ticks then it would be perfect!!

Actually gets a thumbs up from me!

x

Elderveld

Official Helper

Was thinking of that a fwew day;s ago...
It should be increased... 1,5/2 times.

rooney

Head Gardener

i really like it as well. good idea :D

and bobbin, is it really hard to stick a *2 in there? :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

So now you want doubled seed production. and injuries so rebuild times are even faster? No thanks. rebounding injury already contributes to player burnout enough; i don't support anything that will increase that rate. I liked having to take a few days to rebuild, it gave me time to rest, recuperate and get sorted for another spate of fighting. i don't like anything that'll speed up the game. Slow and steady doesn't kill the playerbase.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i wouldnt speed up anything else...ticks would stay the same length, injuries would take the same amount of time to return (maybe longer to compensate?)...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

I agree with Alci on all points

But i think Alci's points are irrelevant to this idea, let me explain. Doubling prodution means your income doubles, so you rebuild your troops twice as fast, but then this will also lead to everyone having twice as many troops, so really you have only rebuilt half your army in half the time (you still need the same amount of time as you have more troops to rebuild), so it doesnt really take half the time, see where i am going?

I guess people can have different ideas about this.

Like you said Splatter, you are not changing tick speed and it wont change things a lot. I think it is pointless anyway ;) so dont change production rates.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Alcibiades said:
So now you want doubled seed production. and injuries so rebuild times are even faster? No thanks. rebounding injury already contributes to player burnout enough; i don't support anything that will increase that rate. I liked having to take a few days to rebuild, it gave me time to rest, recuperate and get sorted for another spate of fighting. i don't like anything that'll speed up the game. Slow and steady doesn't kill the playerbase.

I agree with all of the above.

Also, developments are imo too fast as it is, and this would only speed them up. Routes with an early advantage (PBs, PAs, gurus, etc) would be effectively nerfed. I can't get behind that at all.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

but people would tech to pa's 2 times faster

you could make the multiplier fall slower to slow the techs even more

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

People would get to PAs faster, but people would also get to RPGs and stuff faster. The period of time where PAs dominate would be effectively cut in half. Same thing for all those other units. Their counters would be out that much faster.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

as ticks arent speeding up it wouldnt make developments any quicker, just people would have the funds to start the devs quicker...so to counteract this increase the cost of all devs by 40% (or some figure..)

x

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

To be honest I'd like to see development costs and/or times increased anyways, even without increased income or whatever.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Why? Why do we want to increase the numbers? Does it really matter if you have 6 or 9 zeroes behind your CW's, when everyone else would get the same increase in zeroes?

I just feel that it's pointless...

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

No-Dachi said:
Why? Why do we want to increase the numbers? Does it really matter if you have 6 or 9 zeroes behind your CW's, when everyone else would get the same increase in zeroes?

I just feel that it's pointless...
QFT.

Doubling seed production makes no difference apart from effectively making developments cheaper and making your army appear larger.