AR system suggestion

Kali

Weeder
Let AR stay for the times the Solo is 'offline', but not for the complete offline period:

The minute he logs in, he looses his AR to a normal player level. This way he has to play the game with his pNaps, like an alliance. When he has incommings, he can mail them, call them, whatever, to defend his acres.

When he is afk, a bit more protection might come in handy. To make sure they are active: Even in the AFK situation: Build of AR after a certain period:"

f.e.: Player has stopped playing, logs off (and there are no attacks current): No AR. After 3 ticks: AR Appears. Player is not playing for 8hours: AR starts building off until zero.

Player logs in: AR stays at zero.
Player logs off etc etc.

This way you keep Solos active and you push them towards active PNAPS (beginning of an Alliance).

Alliances are with this system more capable of attacking solos, but have a harder time raping them whilst they are AFK (and not sleeping).

Kill pure solo.

Does this make sense?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Re: AR system suggestion

I like the idea of the varying AR. Though i think it stay off longer once the player logs off, maybe an hour? Because if it is off for only three ticks, whenever an incoming mob appears, the user could log off and the AR would be back before the incoming hostiles reach them.

Personally, I think the AR should be reduced. It triggers too easy, way too easy. But not eliminated. You still need some protection for noobs as well as those who cant be on all that often. If these people keep getting owned then they probably will get sick of playing and not come back.

00micbro1998

Planter

He is talking about 30 mins

If a mob comes in that time, no AR is triggered.

But if any mobs are launced after 30 mins they get triggerd

timtadams

Landscape Designer

AR is calculated before each tick off being attacked, not from when the mob is launched. This is why after one tick of an attacking hostile mob being owned by SAS the government may withdraw for the next couple of ticks.

And 3 ticks is 30mins, i know, and 6 ticks is one hour. Generally a mob is 5+ ticks away due to land stealing units ect. So, they arrive in 50 minutes. Thats more than 30 mins. So a user logs off, and AR is back in 30 minutes, and incoming hostiles are still 20 minutes away.

Understand now?

vlad

Harvester

But in general why make a Player rely on his Pnaps. As i see it, Solo is being mis-understood. The Word Solo, is Alone, no Pnaps in my eyes.
Something that would thus fourth encourage the use of Pnaps i am Against.

O, and for the recorcd, i do perfectly well as a solo with no Pnap or external help whatsoever. :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer

werent we talking about the AR mod, not pNAPs?

The point is that solos have it too easy, and we need to give those in an alliance greater power, thats how its supposed to work. I know alliance play is more fun, but if everyone can do just as well as a solo, whats the point of an alliance, and then there goes some of the fun

PS i am pure solo

Augustus

Head Gardener

timtadams said:
And 3 ticks is 30mins, i know, and 6 ticks is one hour. Generally a mob is 5+ ticks away due to land stealing units ect. So, they arrive in 50 minutes. Thats more than 30 mins. So a user logs off, and AR is back in 30 minutes, and incoming hostiles are still 20 minutes away.

Kali said:
f.e.: Player has stopped playing, logs off (and there are no attacks current): No AR. After 3 ticks: AR Appears. Player is not playing for 8hours: AR starts building off until zero.

timtadams if you re-read the sentence Kali wrote, he does state that if there are no attacks incoming, then 3 ticks later AR kicks in. In other words, if there is an attack in progress AR will not be activated until it finishes. However this is the flaw in the system IMO. I can predict, with this system, alliances would hunt for someone who is online, send an attack that will easily zero them and then get the rest of the alliance to send a continuous wave of attacks. This continuous wave would in theory, stop AR from ever being activated for the solo, as there would be a continuous stream of attackers to prevent the 3 tick rule from kicking in. If this interpritation is incorrect, or if there is a solution, then maybe Kali can clarify :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

How would you keep solos active if you punished them for logging in?

:p

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

vlad said:
But in general why make a Player rely on his Pnaps. As i see it, Solo is being mis-understood. The Word Solo, is Alone, no Pnaps in my eyes.
Something that would thus fourth encourage the use of Pnaps i am Against.

What if we change the name of "solo" to something like "wannabe" cause all the solos are doin with thier Pnaps is creating miniture "wannabe" alliances. Calling them a wannabe might even encourage them to join an alliance.

Did i spell miniture right? it looks wrong

timtadams

Landscape Designer

timthetyrant said:
What if we change the name of "solo" to something like "wannabe" cause all the solos are doin with thier Pnaps is creating miniture "wannabe" alliances.

lol, i like it

Augustus

Head Gardener

call it wannabe, n00b, loser, whatever you like really. Realistically if the play style of solo suites more of the playerbase, then I doubt changing the name will alter things.

nopjes

Head Gardener

Right now the majority of the players is playing solo, wich is - to a war game imo especially one like Bushtarion.
so here comes my suggestion on changing AR.
why not give all solo's a 90% AR mod that doesnt drop?
and make it so that there is no news in the spy report when AR comes
make their injuries return in 3 ticks and an -2 eta on returning mobs!
im sure it would satisfy the majority :roll:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

I'm a solo and i wouldn't vote for that, AR hurts us a bit to (although it's saved my skin many times) and i tend not to attack alliances so I hit the solos and then they get AR and i get nothing. And overpowering the solos like that would:
A)Allow the solos to get more defense than an alliance, meaning no-one would make an alliance unless they had a single digit IQ,
B)Destroy the entire game as not even solos would want to attack another solo, and the would be literally ZERO offensive mobs sent out.

Do You really want to destroy the entire game? :arrow: :evil:

Thats rhetorical, and i know you were joking :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

timthetyrant said:
Do You really want to destroy the entire game? :arrow: :evil:

Ha, that is already happening, a war game in which 75% of the players are solos... are you joking me? I think I will go and play some sim city instead....

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

If I want to play solo game, I have nice amount of games to decide from.
Like: CS, CSs, BF2142, all half-lifes, NFS, etc. etc.
I get nice graphics and sounds, I can decide when I want to play those and no matter if I die, I can restart in matter of minutes. Also people playing those games are much nicer and I get everything do much faster.
So why I would keep playing game where 90% is playing solo, when it loses 100 - 0 to 99999999999999999999999 games out there?

septimus

Harvester

Why not change the defensive units they get to maybe randomly chosen based on actual routes in game?
Then people have the option of staying on the attack, as it is I don't know anyone that would by choice fight SAS or Bios hoping to win.

You can keep the police and riot police as is, but for Lethal triggering some kind of randomly chosen units from real routes might be better, I'd think, keeps things fair, in that an ally can't get defense from a unit that can't be beaten like a solo can.

yoyo

Planter

Kali said:
Let AR stay for the times the Solo is 'offline', but not for the complete offline period:

The minute he logs in, he looses his AR to a normal player level. This way he has to play the game with his pNaps, like an alliance. When he has incommings, he can mail them, call them, whatever, to defend his acres.

When he is afk, a bit more protection might come in handy. To make sure they are active: Even in the AFK situation: Build of AR after a certain period:"

Player logs in: AR stays at zero.
Player logs off etc etc.

This way you keep Solos active and you push them towards active PNAPS (beginning of an Alliance).

Alliances are with this system more capable of attacking solos, but have a harder time raping them whilst they are AFK (and not sleeping).

Kill pure solo.

Does this make sense?

we would not even have this discussion if all these alliances would not require seventy days of 24/7 activity and your personal phone number so they can wake you up in the middle of the night.

i would be in an alliance right now if this were not the case

i guarantee that if these alliances were a bit more into playing for fun instead of making it seem like work, more people would would switch back from solo to alliance. it is just insane the seventy day commitment these alliances want from someone just to play a game...

that is the problem!