Protestor going solo is fail

GeorgeZ

Digger
Just had 60,300,000 income hostiles.

Battle Report - Defending
[close] 689 allied Hippy attacked, distracting 589 hostile staff.
[close] 15,500,000 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 29,196,136 hostile staff.
[close] 8 allied Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 4 hostile staff.
[close] 3,000,000 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 2,805,548 hostile staff.
[close] 700,000 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 1,790,465 hostile staff.
[close] 3,300,233 allied News Van attacked, distracting 26,501,495 hostile staff.
[close] 5,763 hostile Geo-Phys Thief stole 574 land. [150] tree. [290] bush. [77] flower. [57] grass. [0] uncultivated.

Distracted: 60,294,237 [£229,654,220,000] enemies distracted.

You gained 66,140 effectiveness.
You gained 1.79 fame.
You gained 26.96 honour.

Wed 27th Dec, year 3. Early hours
[middle] 15,500,000 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 28,563,814 hostile staff.
[middle] 3,000,000 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 3,000,295 hostile staff.
[middle] 700,000 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 1,767,766 hostile staff.

Distracted: 33,331,875 [£102,587,347,400] enemies distracted.

You gained 11,079 effectiveness.
You gained 2.59 fame.
You gained 3.41 honour.

Wed 27th Dec, year 3. Midnight Defending

[range] 15,500,000 allied Political Mastermind attacked, distracting 29,567,393 hostile staff.
[range] 3,000,000 allied Hippy Van attacked, distracting 3,102,370 hostile staff.
[range] 700,000 allied Loudspeaker Protestor shouted in the ears of and distracted 1,754,205 hostile staff.

Distracted: 34,423,968 [£107,198,857,400] enemies distracted.

You gained 11,577 effectiveness.
You gained 2.63 fame.
You gained 3.43 honour.

Two complaints:
1. Number of thieves should not be stealing that much.
2. How can I distract anything but 6000 units?

Is this route even worth pursuing if I am the target of people with 200% of my score? All they have to do is send 60mil worth of flak to take 15% of my land.

I have people with 50% of my score taking me out by sending 2mil cyber warriors or 2mil golems.

Deloitte

Pruner
solo POM can be done; just need to a better set up. but even then, the game mechanics allows others to still land on you regardless of what you ultimately build. you will have to accept that.

as previously mentioned:

[close] 8 allied Protestor Guru attacked, distracting 4 hostile staff.

you need more guru.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
and if CG's are a problem, HIPPIES
Never underestimate the humble hippy :p

GeorgeZ

Digger
thanks for the reply guys. I agree that I couldve used more units to distract the remaining ~6000 units. But that can go for any unit. But to distract everything BUT geos, seems kind of fishy to me.

It just seems like even if I could distract all of them, the game mechanics won't permit it. Also, as far as I know, cyborg gardeners also do not have much stats.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
That's how flakking works though. Gardeners flak geos. You need more gurus so that you block all the Gardeners quickly and then have units like News Vans firing on only geos, not mixed flak units.

Cyborg Gardies do not have great stats in the manual but they are excellent flak. They are cheap and powerful however they can defeated with Hippies.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
thanks for the reply guys. I agree that I couldve used more units to distract the remaining ~6000 units. But that can go for any unit. But to distract everything BUT geos, seems kind of fishy to me.

It just seems like even if I could distract all of them, the game mechanics won't permit it. Also, as far as I know, cyborg gardeners also do not have much stats.

Gurus are your friend, combined with the below;

http://www.bushtarion.com/manual/index.php?S=2&E=5

It's a tough route, but you can play it much better.

That's how flakking works though. Gardeners flak geos. You need more gurus so that you block all the Gardeners quickly and then have units like News Vans firing on only geos, not mixed flak units.

Cyborg Gardies do not have great stats in the manual but they are excellent flak. They are cheap and powerful however they can defeated with Hippies.

:)

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
And to finish this off, all solos are meant to fail. You have to be extremely active and/or have extremely active pnaps and/or hit sleep mode each night to be even remotely competitive. Even Azzer said it a few years ago, this could either be a game for solos, or for alliances - there is no middle ground where solos can do as well as allied people. And he chose alliances :p

Max

Garden Designer
As mentioned, Hippies are great against CGs.

However, if you want the ultimate setup against CGs (and flak in general) then you need some that targets INNOCENT troops and fires after the news van.

THE GOOD NEWS - one exists, the stunbot unit!
THE BAD NEWS - it's not on the PoM branch :(

So if you want to go a step further, try to find yourself a stunbot PNAP who can defend you. Or you can develop hypnotists and bribe some of them for yourself (tricky though).

Elderveld

Official Helper
Your all so forgetting one:p

ive done it a fwew rounds back(10+ now i think:p)

Solo Pom, finished rank 21 after rank 1 alliance 1~20.
Was in the round whit Hell i think.

I got flakked whit mobs of 2,5-4 bil. stopped most :p

all u need is hypno's, and bribe SGT/Clooners! when u have clooners, get mass newsies/Poms :p

Max

Garden Designer
Hehe, I remember that round well Elderveld :D You are right, cloners do an equally sterling job... so long as you can keep them alive ;D

SGTs are reasonably cost effective at stopping CGs (slightly less than 1:1 I think in terms of cost) and are certainly an improvement over Gurus :)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
a solo pom, like i was at round start,(now allied) you can do well with a good set up. please read martins hyperkink on flaking. it is very useful knowledge with which you can protect yourself better.

note you did lose land to Cyborg gardeners. an the value of thier armour in the manual does not give a good representation of how difficult they are to stop with poms/guru. personally id use a few hippy vans and loudspeaker protestors too. layers and layers of different units is the way to go.

not to mention:

Approximate CG RATIOs

Hippy 1:0.85
Yob 1:0.17
Protestor Guru 1:0.90
Loudspeaker Protestor 1:0.27 (non stripped)
Loudspeaker Protestor > 1:1.3 (stripped) with HV
Hippy Van 1:1

it never hurts to have a few HV/LSP for these incomings. I found as solo a ratio of 3 pom, 2 HV, 1LSP, with a fair whack of gurus. did well. if you get petrol bomber incoming frequently make it closer to 3:2:3

if you do purchase the punit poms are pretty much impossible to not do well with when solo. Enough guru and poms to stop stuff. a few million hypnos sent with poms at SA targets bribe all thier SGT's . you may find some stunbots at lower levels but no easy stunbots thats for sure. but you can harvest a whole amy of gas traps, (far easier than stun bots because alot of people mass SGT) and take no losses. and you are just not able to be flaked past.

let your 1-2 million hypnos die evey few days and your AR stays high. so people cannot flak past you.

this play kept me in the top 20 for the first 2 weeks without hypnos. then after suiciding. i kept in the top 30 for the following 1.5 weeks with hypnos.
then got bored at some point played around but still remained in top 50 because poms almost never fully die. Then got to the point i didnt think anyone could land me, cos of all the SGT's and I went allied. If you see how often i lost land when solo its not many:I count 7

7 times in the best part of 30days/1month losing land when solo. though i did have 2 wounderful naps. but still if you're only losing land 1 time every 4 days its not hard to get it back in that time with some excess. and poms get land soo easily. just a pitty theres only a few solo SA this round. so i think poms can be used very well as a solo. (remebers IOf and IAS as dragon +pom naps) now thats a good nap to have as a pom. find a dragon player.

GeorgeZ

Digger
thanks for the info guys. I'll try and use what you said for the remainder of this round. Hopefully I can execute it though =X..

edd

Tree Surgeon
In the right ratio HV+LSP are also a cost effective PB stopper in the early round :)

It was Cid and Iamsmart in round 38 btw. IoF was also solo pom that round though.

Last edited:

Yochoko

Head Gardener
In the right ratio HV+LSP are also a cost effective PB stopper in the early round :)

It was Cid and Iamsmart in round 38 btw. IoF was also solo pom that round though.

IoF was briefly nap'd to ias as well before he became silence's nap (as i dragged him out of the rank 1 ally :X) that round.

On topic, i always thought POM was one of the best suitable routes for solos. so, it was kinda surprising to see 'fail' in the topic title! :O (Yeah, try to take care of as many flak as possible before NVs fire for geos!)

edd

Tree Surgeon

IoF was briefly nap'd to ias as well before he became silence's nap (as i dragged him out of the rank 1 ally :X) that round.

On topic, i always thought POM was one of the best suitable routes for solos. so, it was kinda surprising to see 'fail' in the topic title! :O (Yeah, try to take care of as many flak as possible before NVs fire for geos!)

Not so sure because i was pnapped to Iamsmart before he deleted which was before Silence left klepto iirc (could be wrong though). I know that IoF had helped him with pranks etc but i didn't know they were ever pnapped. I will ask Ias next time i see him.

Either way, willy is talking about Cid not IoF.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

ive also always thought of POM as one of the best solo routes too. As long as youre online frequently to LT if necessary, and you get yourself some land, you can usually grow even with frequent attackers, simply due to survivabilty of POMs/NV partly due to them not being LET.

They are very good at saving land too. But of course they arent too uber that no-one can land. That would be silly. You have to accept that no route is perfect.

edd

Tree Surgeon
It is one thing to play POM in the early round but later on you will never be able to keep your land if you are big without hypnotists or pnaps because there are players in the top alliance every round with Billions of gardeners. Hypnotists are not a perfect solution for this but at least you get something out of the battles and with a bunch of other bribes you might stand a chance!

That said, the amount of flak that the top alliance players can have is obviously disproportionate to what flak anybody below the top alliance has because they can afford it :p