Bribenoobia

timtadams

Landscape Designer
and if you only care about 'oo look how many gargantuas i have woooow'. then your a bit pathetic, someone who I pitty firstly for being ****, and secondly for caring so much about something so trivial. and you cannot ever cheat well enough to win, or win anything of merit. but it still should be punished
It is kinda cool how many he has though (not that I can see them or anything).

what is much cooler is actually legitimately getting over 1 million gargantua, and then actually using them offensively to bring the pain!

Zaheen

BANNED
bribenoobia is still in the top 10 allies, hope the lower part of the playerbase know their stuff and make sure the cheating ally is gone from the portal spot by rounds end...

tbh, Bribemania haved cleansed themselves of the worst i believe, but then alliances of a bribing nature will always have the cheater sticker applied to them :p
Haha

Well, I've just signed up and I know an alliance more worthy of a top 10 position.

I'm going to bang a few of them Briber cheaters out ;D

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
my suggestion to azzer would be force everyone to have a public profile number. that can not be hidden or cannot be changed and make thier profile namess public after 2 weeks so the potential cheats are shown for who they are. they cant hide behind amonimity and lies and revenge can be sought.
That would be incredibly silly, that would mean somebody could keep track of your ID and find you every round, regardless of whether you are public or not? Or do you just mean for cheaters?

Maybe a sort of automatic way of showing their ID if they have been caught cheating before?

- That would mean lots of programming for Azzer
- Cheaters would go to greater lengths to not get caught

I don't think that's going to pan out well.

no every one goes public, after 2 weeks auto public id. You can change your profile name if you want. but you have a profile number also which you cannot change. so profile number 10 was cheese, then he called himself pinky, then w/e he is now. he can change his name. but he will keep number ten.

I could rename my profile Charlie-B for example. and act like a tool and people may think the real charlie B is a tool. with my suggestion they wont. as i have a number i cant escape. And it should deter cheats also, why cheat if you get known as a cheat, watched carefully, and cant hide your profile name and pretend to be someone else. thats the main reason people cheat. because they can get away with it. They can have a private id, join an alliance, and have the allias to hide behind.

there is nothing at all wrong with public ids after 2weeks imo. only downside is if you know someones time zone but you can get that from a spie. and i cant see any other reason to not have said feature. It may even solve alot of other problems. are people as likely to act like knobs if they cant hide behind an annonymous id? I know i would be less likely to :p

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
my suggestion to azzer would be force everyone to have a public profile number. that can not be hidden or cannot be changed and make thier profile namess public after 2 weeks so the potential cheats are shown for who they are. they cant hide behind amonimity and lies and revenge can be sought.
That would be incredibly silly, that would mean somebody could keep track of your ID and find you every round, regardless of whether you are public or not? Or do you just mean for cheaters?

Maybe a sort of automatic way of showing their ID if they have been caught cheating before?

- That would mean lots of programming for Azzer
- Cheaters would go to greater lengths to not get caught

I don't think that's going to pan out well.

no every one goes public, after 2 weeks auto public id. You can change your profile name if you want. but you have a profile number also which you cannot change. so profile number 10 was cheese, then he called himself pinky, then w/e he is now. he can change his name. but he will keep number ten.

I could rename my profile Charlie-B for example. and act like a tool and people may think the real charlie B is a tool. with my suggestion they wont. as i have a number i cant escape. And it should deter cheats also, why cheat if you get known as a cheat, watched carefully, and cant hide your profile name and pretend to be someone else. thats the main reason people cheat. because they can get away with it. They can have a private id, join an alliance, and have the allias to hide behind.

there is nothing at all wrong with public ids after 2weeks imo. only downside is if you know someones time zone but you can get that from a spie. and i cant see any other reason to not have said feature. It may even solve alot of other problems. are people as likely to act like knobs if they cant hide behind an annonymous id? I know i would be less likely to :p

the good part about bushtarion is that you can start all over after a round ends. showing names would mean that people who have a grudge against someone can find them over and over and over again. so big nono
also, noone can steal your nickname aslong as you have it for your own, so people will know if its a faker.

Zaheen

BANNED
That was my point ^ ^

I know you meant well with your suggestion, but what about people that don't cheat?

There was a time when Azzer spent all his time coding things to prevent cheaters, he use to spend hours showing and talking to me about how many people he has caught, and that nobody can cheat.

Unless he shows up with his ban stick, this petty little **** that some players do won't ever stop. He can't manually spy everybody, and check up everybody. It has to be plain and dirty cheating, and he just doesn't care anymore.

As a community we should become as one, and fight this filthy act - as we would in the real world. If things were that simple.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i dont see anything wrong with public ids even if some one holds a grudge and finds you over and over again. restart a route he cant kill. Its only 2 weeks in when you go public. TBH the only reason to fear this is if you have been a dick or pissed someone off in game. maybe dont do that and u wont worry about going public.

the idea of name and shame is just cos the people who cheat do want to achieve through cheating. like a normal player achieves through playing well. the briber a few rounds back almost didnt get locked, because the actual id doing the bribing was his real email adress. The multis were a series of shitty/similar email adresses. and azzer nearly forgot to lock his main id.

Anyway yeah it doesnt matter, i think it would work but niether here nor there because if azzer was around he could just apoint someone to look after it or do it himself thats the main issue like zaheen pointed out. but like how weeble dissapeared. people that dont play arent interested round after round, and someone to look at cheating and be impartial seems unlikely to be achievable. so an automated system and the community helping out seems like the best bet

timtadams

Landscape Designer
in case it wasmt obvious enough...

Spy report on Ernie [5581] successful: (POM with stupid amount of NV)

News from your sources is that in 4 ticks, 29,500,000 people from Assimulation Alert [5168] will arrive to attack you. (pure scraps)

News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 4,912,974 people from In broad daylight [2846] will arrive to defend you. (brain damaged striker)

You sent 57,317,627 employees to defend Government HQ [1], they are set to arrive in 8 ticks.

Blank BR

Blank BR

Battle Report - Defending Ernie [5581]
[close] 29,500,000 hostile Scrap Bot attacked, killing 14,837,393 allied staff.
[raised] The scrap bots quickly went through the remains, constructing 923,425 Gargantua.
[close] 509,467 allied Striker attacked, killing 25,262 hostile staff.

Died: 25,262 enemies dead. 14,837,393 friendlies dead.
Converted: 923,425 friendlies converted.

srsly

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I can't believe they didn't boot him. Officially disgusted with the Bribe leadership after that bullshit.

teckghee1990

Digger
hmm who are the ones that are cheating? i got attacked by one puppet player who has 10mil rpgs :shock:, theres another players with 20m rebels attacking at the same time and my troops got wiped out

timtadams

Landscape Designer
The large majority of them didnt cheat. But they worked with obvious cheater, so that doesnt sit too well with most people.

1 player cheated to get like 2.5m gargantua.

But the puppet/hypno players with lots of RPG i believe were fully legit. It is perfectly achievable if you put in the effort and arent a scorequeen.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I got zeroed by two of the cheaters around 200 ticks before round end. I wasn't portalling, nor do I particularly care, but it seems rather irritating that blatant cheaters finish higher than normal players. It's just not cool.