Begin the resistance! | R41

JJB

Harvester
I also realise that you can't start a sentence with "and".

Oh, but ask Walking_Death, who obviously knows English gammar and spelling, and you can!

But seriously, FU kiwi for coming first. How dare you be more active and contactable and generally just caring more to win. Utterly disgraceful. If anyone comes in range of you, you should not attack them. You should just stop killing and stealing land, and start suiciding, just so others have a chance or at least never have to get zeroed.

Now we have to work together to acheive this. So everyone who is being attacked by kiwi whever they are in range, keep compining and b*itching in the forums. If everyone *****es and complains enough, then kiwi might decide to not attack and win, or maybe Azzer will lock them for harming the business.

C'mon guys we need to work together on this

wish u could 'like' a post

Godsend9701

Harvester
I also realise that you can't start a sentence with "and".

Oh, but ask Walking_Death, who obviously knows English gammar and spelling, and you can!

But seriously, FU kiwi for coming first. How dare you be more active and contactable and generally just caring more to win. Utterly disgraceful. If anyone comes in range of you, you should not attack them. You should just stop killing and stealing land, and start suiciding, just so others have a chance or at least never have to get zeroed.

Now we have to work together to acheive this. So everyone who is being attacked by kiwi whever they are in range, keep compining and b*itching in the forums. If everyone *****es and complains enough, then kiwi might decide to not attack and win, or maybe Azzer will lock them for harming the business.

C'mon guys we need to work together on this

wish u could 'like' a post

wouldnt work tho as i keep dieing and getting land and planting and buying more troops to attack again ;D

Coruba

Head Gardener
I see it two ways really. Compete for 2nd place, which is effectively 1st place if you take Kiwi out of the equation ..... or kiwi could just disband and make life interesting for whats left over which also is what is happening now the difference is the prized position is now up for grabs between 4-5 allies.

You guys have to realise that not many people will continue to play a game they can't win. The best chance of that happening is the top 20 or however many players just stop playing together. If it doesn't happen the same thing will continue to happen and the round will be over in a week if its lucky. Other option is make each round shorter. Personally I think that is a pretty good option as unless you a no lifer it is very difficult to play 3 months day in and day out.

If you wish to keep playing the best players in same alliance then I suggest getting a bigger player base.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
<toby> love coruba's analysis on the resistance thread on forums
<toby> I see it two ways really. Compete for 2nd place, which is effectively 1st place if you take Kiwi out of the equation .....
<toby> yeah and i'll finish 1st in rank
<toby> since the 90 people in front of me obviously don't count
<toby> i win \o/

<toby> i also loved the bit where he suggests we get a bigger player base
<toby> yeah ok dude, you go to tescos and pick one up for us
<toby> i think they have a 2 for 1 offer on atm

Nothing more I can say

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
sorry to those that quoted my "failed to doom" part of my post.. fixed it.. Posted late at nite so I may or may not have switched things up a bit :p

Anywho..

Coruba - Why don't you just do what you suggested, compete for Rank 2? There's no point in complaining about how Rank 1 got where they are, because it obviously worked! (not hard to do when no one else cared :p) and as long as those tactics WORK, they will continue to be utilized..

As for increasing the playerbase? GREAT IDEA! Now how to go about doing this with an admin that doesn't login anymore..

And finally - Azzer said long ago that he will NOT shorten the round any.. Whilst I agree a shorter round would be more fun for most (help reduce round-boredness)

it would inevitably burn people out quicker, I use the last month of the round to catch up on sleep, as incoming is usually easily covered by those online (with the exception of the mass Rank 1 incoming or the rare late-round semi-organized attack by a smaller ally) and others use it to try to get different profile awards..

CrazyMonkey01

Harvester
The topic for this thread should be TROLLLLLLLLLLING.

Cause really thats all i ever see now on threads like this

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
The topic for this thread should be TROLLLLLLLLLLING.

Cause really thats all i ever see now on threads like this

Coolface_thinks.jpg

Coruba

Head Gardener
It is no wonder this game will die when you have people on here with such big egos that they can't see the wood for the trees.

I especially loved the comment from whoever, (sorry not many of you I know let alone ever spoken to), re increasing player base when there is no admin. It is actually quite easy to do. Make their experience the first time they play enjoyable. My first experience on here was down right miserable.

Especially considering I came from a game and when I first came on the bulletin board the experienced members came in droves to help you out and also be friend you (That game btw the admin stopped the game). Do that on here you seldom get a comment, ask for help its virtually non existent.

Instead of you continually disregarding anything or laughing thinking I or anyone else that starts this game is a waste of space I suggest you ask yourselves.....what is it that I do in this game that makes life enjoyable for other new players? I seriously doubt very many of you can come up with an answer and especially those players considered to be the top players in the game.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
repeated ignorance as usual

Why don't you actually listen to people that have been in this game for a while? The BEST way to increase player-base would be advertising of some sort.. The only person that can make the game more enjoyable is yourself. YOU decide how your experience goes, what do you do with it? You jump on the forums the first time you lose a few troops and demand changes to make sure it never happens again?

Then you don't win the round, must be Rank 1's fault for playing too hard, they shouldn't try so hard so everyone else can have a chance, Steps should be implemented to make it harder for them to keep their rank (despite earning it - to the extent that you can in a game with no competition anymore)

You accuse us of abusing new guys when they come in, but your the one running around making demands and accusations, who am I to blame others if they get irritated and flame you off the forums?

And you can't really accuse many of not helping, anytime anything is posted in help, I see about a dozen different responses either trying to answer the question or asking for more information about the situation. I led an alliance a few rounds back that was designed to help ease the transition into the game for new guys, I heard someone else was doing that this round as well (haven't seen it, but I've heard it) If you ask any of the top players a question about game play or strategy, 9 times out of 10 they will answer it.

You keep getting trolled because you don't listen to sense. You come to this game assuming you already know everything and then get mad at US when we tell you otherwise.

Change your attitude or pretty soon, people are going to stop reading your posts and just assume its time to flame you again.

Coruba

Head Gardener
I rest my case, with an attitude like the above, what more is there to be said. Huge egos. Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If your experience from bush was miserable, why do you even care about the game?

Coruba

Head Gardener
Because it fascinates me to read all of you who complain how a round is over and moan how the admin doesn't log in, and say how boring it is and continually wait for another round to start and so the cycle continues. Just read through this entire post to see what I mean.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
repeated ignorance as usual

Why don't you actually listen to people that have been in this game for a while? The BEST way to increase player-base would be advertising of some sort.. The only person that can make the game more enjoyable is yourself. YOU decide how your experience goes, what do you do with it? You jump on the forums the first time you lose a few troops and demand changes to make sure it never happens again?

Then you don't win the round, must be Rank 1's fault for playing too hard, they shouldn't try so hard so everyone else can have a chance, Steps should be implemented to make it harder for them to keep their rank (despite earning it - to the extent that you can in a game with no competition anymore)

You accuse us of abusing new guys when they come in, but your the one running around making demands and accusations, who am I to blame others if they get irritated and flame you off the forums?

And you can't really accuse many of not helping, anytime anything is posted in help, I see about a dozen different responses either trying to answer the question or asking for more information about the situation. I led an alliance a few rounds back that was designed to help ease the transition into the game for new guys, I heard someone else was doing that this round as well (haven't seen it, but I've heard it) If you ask any of the top players a question about game play or strategy, 9 times out of 10 they will answer it.

You keep getting trolled because you don't listen to sense. You come to this game assuming you already know everything and then get mad at US when we tell you otherwise.

Change your attitude or pretty soon, people are going to stop reading your posts and just assume its time to flame you again.

Man I never ever thought I'd agree with LuckySports but this time he's hit the nail squarely on the head. I've written a post very similar to that many many times.

I never have trouble with the IDEA of helping new players, it's just that half the time they give you ****, don't listen to you, insult you, or become unutterably useless whining brats who only complain complain complain without bothering to put the time in to learn how the game works. New players, more often than not are extremely frustrating to deal with. And while I'm happy to help new players learn, they must do so at the price of actually, honestly LISTENING to what I have to say and remembering that this game does not pick up as easily as most and there are times when even if you do everything right, you're still going to get gang banged and lose everything. Then of course you have the pleasure of rebuilding.

In all honesty, most new players are impatient ****wads who either can't or won't listen to good advice when they hear it.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Because it fascinates me to read all of you who complain how a round is over and moan how the admin doesn't log in, and say how boring it is and continually wait for another round to start and so the cycle continues. Just read through this entire post to see what I mean.

Those of us who know better don't bother complaining. This is how the game is and we accept it. Don't assume those who disagree with you are automatically the same ones who complain.

It's like when someone makes a new suggestion to discourage dishonourable attacks. If people disagree with their suggestion for entirely logical reasons, they more often than not immediately jump to the conclusion that we're all cowardly bashers with Dreaded titles who play FTW every round and only disagree with them because it's a big rank 1 conspiracy.

If lots of people disagree with you, the most likely answer is not that there is a conspiracy, but that your opinions are wrong. Occam's Razor every time.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
ur not on irc so:

thx for renewing premium twiglover

<3

Np Iaminlovewithtwigley.
Im watching Dexter atm - series 3. Very good, i'd advise it to you.

P.s. When house start again?

On topic: I did ask Azzer in account mail if i could market the game for him for free. He didn't reply :(

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
On topic: ;o i saw some of dexter but it's freakin' weird man :p

house in early october, I still stand by by theory that he's going to be in jail for like a year in the premier!! we shall see.

Off topic: toby, your head is looking as shiny as ever you handsome devil!

Steve_God

Official Helper
The Resistance continues, albeit in defence :p

Wed 21st Sep, year 2. Morning Defending [Combo Player]
Battle Report - Defending [Combo Player]
[range] 25,000,000 allied RPG Trooper attacked, killing 15,883,735 hostile staff.
[range] 4,127,775 hostile Striker attacked, killing 683,589 allied staff.
[range] 58,556,498 allied Secret Agent attacked, killing 253,490,268 hostile staff.
[range] 9,986,549 allied Vampire attacked, killing 3,455,216 hostile staff.
[raised] 270,187 corpses twitched into life, becoming Lesser Vampire.
[range] 3,895,424 allied Gargoyle attacked, killing 537,725 hostile staff.
[range] 194,050 allied Ninja attacked, killing 6,553 hostile staff.
[range] 1,008,746 allied Werewolf attacked, killing 17,291 hostile staff.
[range] 1,332,600 hostile Apache Longbow attacked, killing 19,422,561 allied staff.
[range] 3,865,766 allied Shock Trooper attacked, killing 552,598 hostile staff.

Died: 273,943,386 [£2,417,777,286,000] enemies dead. 20,106,150 [£188,709,667,900] friendlies dead.
Converted: 270,187 [£4,322,992,000] enemies converted.

You gained 288,882 effectiveness.
You gained 0.95 fame.
You gained 1.27 honour.
You will soon be receiving £4,900,779,040 insurance.