Begin the resistance! | R41

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
Wow. All I have seen from you Godsend is harmful, insultive approaches toward me, either here or on IRC. Maybe that's a partial reason why the playerbase is decreasing, abbreviations for direct foul language... I'm not having a direct dig at anyone. Maybe I should move my "cry baby" approaches to spam and annoy you there...

Listen, textually, it's hard to understand what connotations I'm putting forward, it's just merely a statement of annoyance and in the heat of the moment situation. I'm over it (aren't I InsomN!) From my situation, it's hard to understand what it's like to play FTW. Most people want to do it but don't get such opportunities.

Godsend9701

Harvester
Give it 1 week tops and you'll have 2 months of barely any of them in range due to their land score and seed score.

If you need tips on how to organise your alliance set up / tacticts to organise defence then just give me a forum mail and ill send you a few posts i make every round when i lead. Can also hax your members and Kiwi and tell you what to focus on if you want the help.

Thanks Twigs. I would've offered myself but it's not really possible as I'll most likely be involved in some capacity and couldn't be relied on to give unbiased assistance.

Sorry to get fired up, but it's not like these are unfair tactics. I remember waking up to see 7 TBA members on a tick and trying desperately to get people on to cover it, and we managed to quite often. Same with their waves.

(Not a dig at TBA btw Twiggo, just an example of how even overwhelming opposition can be discouraged from staying on an attack with the right defence.)

lol now that was fun, get woken up saw on notes what to send (fake or real) than go back to sleep, no big deal really, 90% they would recall at eta 3 so half the time we didnt even need to prank some people on

Rowan

Harvester
It's fine Andy, but like you said it's hard to understand what your exact meaning in through text. When you get to the point that you're in range of Rank 1 then you need to expect to get hit. Maybe consider sleep moding during the night so when you wake up you have kept your troops and can help with defence the next day or something. I dunno, just trying to help.

Also, your alliance fended off one of our attacks. You're just unlucky that you guys didn't have the players online/troop resources to defend all of them, and unlucky the one who got defended wasn't you.

Keep at it, and learn to take losses on the chin. Many people will tell you that once you learn to shrug off a losing BR and continue happily then the game becomes a lot more fun and less stressful. Of course still try, but you know what I'm saying. At least you were online to save your troops, and at your range there's plenty more targets. Just keep on truckin'.

Godsend9701

Harvester
Wow. All I have seen from you Godsend is harmful, insultive approaches toward me, either here or on IRC. Maybe that's a partial reason why the playerbase is decreasing, abbreviations for direct foul language... I'm not having a direct dig at anyone. Maybe I should move my "cry baby" approaches to spam and annoy you there...

Listen, textually, it's hard to understand what connotations I'm putting forward, it's just merely a statement of annoyance and in the heat of the moment situation. I'm over it (aren't I InsomN!) From my situation, it's hard to understand what it's like to play FTW. Most people want to do it but don't get such opportunities.

i dont have a go at anyone unless they piss me off, u and many others keep having a cry about "our" tactics and how they are unfair and how "ur" losing out, well guess what, its happened to everyone who has ever played this GAME, the tactics we use arnt ours, they have been used for many rounds now by other alliances, and other people.

if u all just for once stop having a cry and wake up to urselfs u might be able to see how to defend against such attacks.

PS the player base is decreasing from 1 reason only, and thats when someone wins a round they get all the BS ur putting on our alliance right now, no one wants to hear it, its all been said before and just like other rounds people get upset and rage quit (not just from the rank 1 ally), and we never see them again or they play solo and maybe log in once a week if there lucky.

Steve_God

Official Helper
We had more than our valuation of troops attacking during resistance but with good planning then you can overcome the majority of attacks.

Just for clarity, that wasn't strictly true - we didn't have anywhere near the lethal capacity for those willing to send.

While on paper (which I was abusing the stats on nobreakspace to build momentum within the other allies) the value scores were higher, there wasn't enough involvement for people to send to take you down.

Even with half of your lethals stretched elsewhere from fake mobs, with every single person actually involved enough to send as part of the resistance, all on one tick, we still got slaughtered on a 2:1 ratio.

Your defence was good, don't get me wrong, but we just didn't have the numbers.

On a side note, I'm amazed how few people were unavailable to attack during resistance times from some of the allies, yet are able to get decent numbers together to defend when needed :p

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
But none of this was aimed at you personally. If you read the next part of my post, you would have understood but you clearly decided not to. I've never argued with another player from this game and I never will. I've had a moan, I don't give a **** anymore about it, I've said that. If people want to quit because I'm adding to a list of what other people have said then that's their problem, clearly the worst excuse I've heard and it's untrue. people quit because they morale killing experiences (Points to Coruba). I'm done, like I said. Enough.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
PS the player base is decreasing from 1 reason only, and thats when someone wins a round they get all the BS ur putting on our alliance right now, no one wants to hear it, its all been said before and just like other rounds people get upset and rage quit (not just from the rank 1 ally), and we never see them again or they play solo and maybe log in once a week if there lucky.

I seriously doubt that is the only reason for a decreasing playerbase. In fact I'd go so far as to say it probably isn't even one of the top 50 reasons for a decreasing playerbase.

Boredom with the game? Sure.
Tired of getting bashed? Reasonable.
Getting older and don't have time to play? Happens to us all.
Annoyed at lack of game innovations? Acceptable reason.
Angry at Azzer for disappearing? Indeed.
Decided to focus on your career as a professional donkey groomer? No doubt.
Got moaned at on forums and decided to quit? wtf?

How many players do you know who quit the game because they got moaned at for winning? :p

Godsend9701

Harvester

I seriously doubt that is the only reason for a decreasing playerbase. In fact I'd go so far as to say it probably isn't even one of the top 50 reasons for a decreasing playerbase.

How many players do you know who quit the game because they got moaned at for winning? :p

it all starts with the moaning, rank 1 bashed for land, more moaning, rank 2 below get sleep deprive, more moaning, top 20 have no targets, boredom kicks in so they restart or kill themselfs and than more bashing, more moaning. understand why i said its the only reason, even tho theres alot more reasons why, all the bs people get from others cuz they do better than them is the start of it all.

PS people were leaving this game cuz they had enough of all the BS well before Azzer gave up on it

Walking_Death

Harvester

it all starts with the moaning, rank 1 bashed for land, more moaning, rank 2 below get sleep deprive, more moaning, top 20 have no targets, boredom kicks in so they restart or kill themselfs and than more bashing, more moaning. understand why i said its the only reason, even tho theres alot more reasons why, all the bs people get from others cuz they do better than them is the start of it all.

PS people were leaving this game cuz they had enough of all the BS well before Azzer gave up on it

First off, LEARN GRAMMAR. And spelling. Is English your first language? Second, everything you say seems to be *****ing about how you and kiwi are the best, and obviously, we're just jealous, complaining, and WE are bad for the game. How DARE we get bashed and have a negative emotion toward it?! Who are we to find it unfun to be massed and waved?

At least, that's what I could make out through the misspelled words and lack of 4th grade grammar.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I'm aware that people quit for other reasons than Azzer giving up. That's why I posted a little list of them.

Claiming that moaning is the cause of everyone leaving the game is absurdly narrow. There are hundreds of complicated reasons for people leaving the game, many of which have absolutely nothing to do with people moaning. It does not start with the moaning. People moan for a reason. You don't get pre-emptive moans about hypothetical bashes.

And it isn't because of people doing better than them, for the most part. I don't think people get jealous or bitter and wish they were winning, they just wish rank 1 acted with a little bit more finesse rather than just bashing and waving every round. It gets old. A lot of attacks I see and accept, but every now and again you do get one which makes you stop and think "this is ridiculous".

On the subject of bashing:

It has always been a part of the game and always will be, because it is the easiest way, and a fairly reliable way, of getting land with minimal risk. Especially for rank 1 because their targets are limited and usually the most active/contactable/competent players other than the ones in their own alliance. I don't like it, but it is obviously here to stay, so you can either grit your teeth and accept it, or leave. Complaining won't change anything.

And as Twigley and others have said, bashes are far easier to deal with than organised attacks, and you have less to lose against them, so why complain? If one ID gets bashed/waved you make a decision whether to defend or not, get the people you need to defend, and they don't have to do anything else. Or if it's 5 on 1 tick then you just get the target to send out and take the land hit. Compared to a proper alliance attack it's a piece of cake.

Godsend9701

Harvester

First off, LEARN GRAMMAR. And spelling. Is English your first language? Second, everything you say seems to be *****ing about how you and kiwi are the best, and obviously, we're just jealous, complaining, and WE are bad for the game. How DARE we get bashed and have a negative emotion toward it?! Who are we to find it unfun to be massed and waved?

At least, that's what I could make out through the misspelled words and lack of 4th grade grammar.

not once did i say or even hinted that me or kiwi are the "best", i did say how ever that u were jealous and if u all were in the rank 1 alliance u ALL would do the same tactics as we use, and how all u complaining is BAD for the game, everyone that complains EVERY round about how rank 1 attacks is just all BS and u all should get over it, cuz every alliance that gets to rank 1 does the same thing over and over again.

im just getting sick of hearing it, seeing it every round.

Max

Garden Designer
For a rank 1 alliance, these tactics are quite acceptable due to extreme circumstances of lack of targets.

For a rank 2-4 alliance, they are less acceptable and more lazy :)

I would complain more about Charades using the same tactics at rank 2 than I would at Kiwi using these tactics at rank 1. This is the norm for a rank 1 alliance!

Coruba

Head Gardener
Well all I can say is that it is demoralising when you get that sort of incoming. To be fair though with the dwindling player base the start is hugely important as once the rank 1 gets away there is not enough active allies to take them down. Would of been interesting to play the game in its heyday.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
wow.. this thread was at 8 pages last time I checked it..

First off - Rank 1 will ALWAYS attack in lazy bashes.. they don't have a lot of targets and expecting them to put thought into an attack when they only have 3-4 targets is absolutely ridiculous..

Secondly - The current R1 is pretty much the same ally (Charades) from last round with a management change (from the early round anyway) and a complete and utter lack of competition, and even THEY didn't attack with any sort of plan or intelligence.. Don't expect it here. (few member changes, yes! I'm aware, but still pretty much the same ally)

and Finally - The resistance was doomed to fail, as all are doomed to fail. There just isn't enough motivation, too few people care.. Just say "Cheers" to charades and move on.. stay preparing for next round or take up knitting, I don't care.. Or you could try to get a stat or go for some other profile award.. Go to the gym more often, get a girlfriend, marry your girlfriend.. have a kid or 8 (not all at once! pick your next step) Anything but sit on the forums and whine all the time.. :/

EDIT: Changed from "failed to doom" to "doomed to fail".. DON'T POST AT 3AM AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE RIGHT! ^_^ The content is still the same.

Last edited:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I ag.. agr.. agre.. agree with everything Lu.. Luc.. Nah i can't do it. ;P

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Now, I can see bashing as an understandable tactic when there are more than one ally competing for the top. You don't want to lose troops if you can help it.

But now there's only one ally bothered with being rank 1. they have few targets, and no threats. so what is the point? Why not just be content with winning, grow as large as you can be, or try your skills on outmanouvering the lesser allies (you know, the old fashioned way, with fakes, feints and cleverness).

Or just go all inn, if you die = more targets. You have more land so you will regrow faster, and the rest of the ally will keep any vultures at bay.

Why the boredom of sending a landtrain, and spoiling the fun for the smaller allies fighting wars against each other.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
and i cna also understand when there are two competitive allies that see a wave/bash/train/whatever forming, and so the other ally sends behind so that the first ally gets capped and the second ally get a less capped steal for doing no work. but this, this is just madness. sure i attack with a team mate, but im hitting an allaince bigger then mine.

And tbh i dont think i would be bothered organising or asking ally mates to help me with an attack even if i was in rank 1 alliance, i got rid of my training wheels a while ago.

I also realise that you can't start a sentence with "and".

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I also realise that you can't start a sentence with "and".

Oh, but ask Walking_Death, who obviously knows English gammar and spelling, and you can!

But seriously, FU kiwi for coming first. How dare you be more active and contactable and generally just caring more to win. Utterly disgraceful. If anyone comes in range of you, you should not attack them. You should just stop killing and stealing land, and start suiciding, just so others have a chance or at least never have to get zeroed.

Now we have to work together to acheive this. So everyone who is being attacked by kiwi whever they are in range, keep compining and b*itching in the forums. If everyone *****es and complains enough, then kiwi might decide to not attack and win, or maybe Azzer will lock them for harming the business.

C'mon guys we need to work together on this