Victim Kiwi [7] Attacking 64,000,000 ETA 5 ticks
Victim Kiwi [6] Attacking 109,250,000 ETA 5 ticks
Victim Kiwi [5] Attacking 192,549,436 ETA 4 ticks
Victim Kiwi [4] Attacking 163,050,000 ETA 3 ticks
Victim Kiwi [3] Attacking 90,500,000 ETA 2 ticks
Victim Kiwi [2] Attacking 93,049,612 ETA 1 tick
Victim Kiwi [1] Attacking 110,129,115 Att. for 3 ticks
Total Incoming: 822,528,163 hostile

Never knew 300/400 acres was so hard to come by...

It does seem (to me anyway) a style of play that is guaranteed to suck the fun out of this game.

Where's the chance of a good exciting battle when your oversending like that.

Guess that brute force land grabs are easier than well worked out attacks. But I am not sure that, were I in their position, the prospect of 2 months of unopposed land grabs holds much entertainment value.

But, they will win the round I suppose and bravo to them for that but will it be as much fun as it could be?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
the noobs even got two ppl on one tick, can't even train properly. Shows what it takes to win when the rank 1 alliance cant even train ppl properly

Pretty sad attempt at trolling but tell me, if it's oh-so-easy why aren't you schooling us all? Please, teach all of us the secrets of this game oh wise one.

Also @Andy or whatever, I think you'll find that when 5/6 of your targets (none of which are usually above 35%) are in sleep mode, a few hundred acres are really quite hard to come by.

i cant be bothered, this game is a joke. it's a shame we will never know how good your alliance is.

We can get a measure of that from last round, surely? If Kiwi are 80% Charades, we can infer from this that Kiwi aren't as good as TBA, and that in a round where another FTW alliance exists they'd probably fail.

trollface.gif

DA
Filling the void of Twigley since 16/8

Rowan

Harvester
the noobs even got two ppl on one tick, can't even train properly. Shows what it takes to win when the rank 1 alliance cant even train ppl properly

Pretty sad attempt at trolling but tell me, if it's oh-so-easy why aren't you schooling us all? Please, teach all of us the secrets of this game oh wise one.

Also @Andy or whatever, I think you'll find that when 5/6 of your targets (none of which are usually above 35%) are in sleep mode, a few hundred acres are really quite hard to come by.

i cant be bothered, this game is a joke. it's a shame we will never know how good your alliance is.

We can get a measure of that from last round, surely? If Kiwi are 80% Charades, we can infer from this that Kiwi aren't as good as TBA, and that in a round where another FTW alliance exists they'd probably fail.

trollface.gif

DA
Filling the void of Twigley since 16/8

Haha DA, I actually really liked this post. It's like you channel the soul of our lord and saviour, Mr Twiglet. Where is he btw? I've noticed the forums have been uncharacteristically trollface free lately.

Steve_God

Official Helper
We managed to defend the first tick against them of a similar train and got this:
Died: 108,564,410 [£405,105,905,000] enemies dead.
...with no losses.

Problem is that while we forced 3 recalls from the first waves, the train was so long they still got 3 land grabs before we could resend to scare off the rest :|

Rowan

Harvester
We managed to defend the first tick against them of a similar train and got this:
Died: 108,564,410 [£405,105,905,000] enemies dead.
...with no losses.

Problem is that while we forced 3 recalls from the first waves, the train was so long they still got 3 land grabs before we could resend to scare off the rest :|

Well that's good, make people work for their land. It's the nature of the beast. People are acting like this is some isolated incident and Kiwi are total assholes. But every round, someone pulls ahead and bashes at 30% (mostly because that's the only place there are any targets) which leads to trains.

It's easy to condemn and say "Oh, our alliance does attacks with several targets across multiple ETAs and 'good planning' etc etc" but anyone who has played at the top knows that it's not that simple when your only targets are +2 ETA and a few of the top players only have 1-2 targets at all. It's hard to "plan" anything other than "Okay, send behind to cover my LT and you'll probably get land too" and then all the other sharks smell blood in the water and send behind them. It's usually not a case of "Okay let's get on the land train!" but more people simply seeing an opportunity and taking it. Doesn't everyone do the same in some form or another? No one attacks planning to lose.

Also, regarding the whole "FTF vs FTW" thing.. Assuming Kiwi suddenly disappeared, someone would pull ahead by having increased activity and being more contactable than the competition. Does that mean they are no longer FTF but now FTW? Kiwi simply saw an opportunity to seize the win and took it. Can you say you wouldn't do the same? Also, "FTF" is a bit of a misnomer really, as I have a whole lot of fun playing to win. I wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was fun, at least sometimes. Every round I play with a different goal in mind, and this round was to play hard at the start and help secure the win and then be able to decrease my activity so I can spend my last few weeks with my girlfriend without having to get on every night for defense etc.

Anyway, I ended up ranting a little bit. I'm looking forward to seeing the Rank 2-6 alliances battle it out for 2nd and 3rd, looks like it could be really interesting. Also, I'm sure if the leaders talked to Kiwi then we could organize a period of a few days where wars could be had without Kiwi getting in the way.

Oh, one more thing. Nearly everyone is Kiwifruit gets on really well. So if we split into 2 groups of 10, then we wouldn't really want to attack each other and it'd end up being two 10man alliances at the top "power blocking" which would incite even more hatred and unfair criticism ... So that's that idea out the window.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Just for reference for those that weren't around back then and think I'm just crazy for even backing up the idea that it could 'actually' be done, a group called 'Core' split into two towards the end of the round in Round 8, and that was when a private alliance had a limit of only 15, and public of 30.
http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/portal_past_rankings.php?ShowRound=8

not saying that it cant be done, but considering that Cores two alliances were as big as the next 19 alliances combined, I would think it was impossible to not to win.

In this situation, Kiwi are 'only' just bigger than the next 4 alliances combined.

Also, you say core split near the end of the round. There is less time to be resisted near the end of the round.

Thus, while interesting, it is not a very good comparison.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Davs

Garden Designer
As probably one of the few players left in this game who genuinely tries to avoid going for free land (except last round in which I was massing CGs and basics, so meh :p ) it is indeed very sad to see one guy with 5 or more incoming mobs at the same (not on the same tick, but one tick after the other is more damaging anyway tbh, so don't try to use that as a defence.)

Yes it's hard for the top to steal land because they have so very few targets, so I can understand why these sorts of attacks occur, but it's still not that hard when you're that big to carry out attacks in a different way that doesn't result in people whining about it on the forums.

I'd like to point out that I'm not whining, just commenting on experience from previous rounds where the same thing happened time and time again. If anything, I'm growing more tired of the people *****ing about it on the forums than of the attacks themselves. So, for the sake of the forum, please stop this lazy attack-style.

Kuda

Official Helper
Just for reference for those that weren't around back then and think I'm just crazy for even backing up the idea that it could 'actually' be done, a group called 'Core' split into two towards the end of the round in Round 8, and that was when a private alliance had a limit of only 15, and public of 30.
http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/portal_past_rankings.php?ShowRound=8

and didn't they only really do that to fool CRA so they didn't get raped? :p

correct and it wasn't near the end either, it was about mid round when we split to avoid CRA. :) but even then people complained that we were cheating by splitting into 2 alliances of at the time equal score to avoid CRA.

For those who weren't around back in round 8. Core was named as it was made up of the central group of players from Shadows, which also dominated by a long way in round 7 with almost the same average score as rank 2 alliances collective score.

Name Members Size Score Avg. Score
Shadows 12 927,752 2,557,063,763,717 213,088,646,976
Pathosis 18 347,839 226,194,113,470 12,566,339,637

As Core had such a large lead in round 8 and people were complaining that the same group won round 6,7 and would win 8. (mainly Blackwolf and his band of merry Virus trolls :)) Azzer decided to implement** an automatic system whereby government troops under the guise of CRA would randomly send at people in the top alliance if they were too far ahead of rank 2 alliance (basically doing the player bases job for them). Now the way CRA worked again was also unfair in a sense. Low cost, low init, big damage units with a total LET value equal to that of the actual value of the target (including land score, flak, seeds, plants, etc).

I don't know about you lot but I didn't fancy having 150 trillion funds worth of lethals attacking me and nor did the rest of my alliance so we split in 2 groups not of equal member count but of equal score to avoid being woke up in the middle of the night.

I also didn't play bushtarion to fight against an automated system which you had almost no chance of winning against in a battle.

Incidently the same group who complained to get CRA implemented also complained and wanted it removed when they were winning in round 9 :)

** Yes Azzer used to actually make changes to the game both between rounds and during rounds, which may be a shock to some :)

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Also, isn't it now against the rules for two alliances at the top to work together power block?

Kinda defeats us breaking into two?

Nickk

Harvester
the way i see it is that regardless what rank 1 do, be it train/bash or even a properly organised attack there are always going to be people who complain. Let them have the land and let them kill your troops. plenty more fun at the other end anyways :p

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
the way i see it is that regardless what rank 1 do, be it train/bash or even a properly organised attack there are always going to be people who complain. Let them have the land and let them kill your troops. plenty more fun at the other end anyways :p

Let them have it? Work tirelessly gaining more land only to gift it away.

I only made that post with Kiwi using 7/8 members training because it resembles what Charades did last round, and now that we've established Kiwi is majority Charades, it comes as no surprise to see this gameplay. It's been noticed that Kiwi are looking to small land TDA players this round that much fatter Combo/Bribemania players. It's a moan because it's not the kind of tactics people want to see.

Godsend9701

Harvester

I only made that post with Kiwi using 7/8 members training because it resembles what Charades did last round, and now that we've established Kiwi is majority Charades, it comes as no surprise to see this gameplay. It's been noticed that Kiwi are looking to small land TDA players this round that much fatter Combo/Bribemania players. It's a moan because it's not the kind of tactics people want to see.

people dont want to see any tactics unless there the ones doing it, they ***** and moan unless there on top doing it all than they shut up. its no wonder why no one sees or hears of Azzer now days.

And Davs wouldnt u think having people train an ID alot easier to defend against than having 5 or so people on the same tick? i use it as a defence cuz its a valid one.

Davs

Garden Designer

people dont want to see any tactics unless there the ones doing it, they ***** and moan unless there on top doing it all than they shut up. its no wonder why no one sees or hears of Azzer now days.

And Davs wouldnt u think having people train an ID alot easier to defend against than having 5 or so people on the same tick? i use it as a defence cuz its a valid one.

5 on the same tick you can just mass flak stoppers on the last tick (if need be) and it's covered. If it's spread over 5 or more ticks it's a lot harder to prevent land loss, which for this stage in the game is more important than troop loss. Especially if all of the attackers are vastly bigger than the target.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Massing enough flak stoppers to block 5 kiwi members would be rather expensive, Davs, and would end up with all your PoM players dying :p

Waves are easier to stop since you only have to have enough defenders to kill 1 person. If you first tick it you can get the first guy to recall, then the next guy will probably recall as well, and so on. The only problem comes when they're spread over more than 3 ticks and you get everyone to send for the first guy so you have nothing home to defend against the stragglers.

Moral of the story: always send fake defence first tick :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I was wondering how much longer this thread could go on for without "Twigley" or "TBA" was mentioned.

Gg

Also, isn't it now against the rules for two alliances at the top to work together power block?

Kinda defeats us breaking into two?

Code:
5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all.

Only if it's detrimental to the game but im sure you knew that already, babe. xxx

I don't see Charade's .. erm Kiwifruit? .. splitting as they have a fair few that havn't won in a while or some that have just come back and don't know the state of the game. Those people probally outnumber the ones who don't care.

Or they just want to stick together, be inactive, enjoy the summer without worry and troll with minimal effort wave mobs which is basically what every other rank 1 alliance does including ones i've led / been in.

Hopefully now everyone has seen that there are no leaders left to go FTW / enough players to make any real competition, you will all make fun themed alliances in future rounds!!!