Summa summarum or someting of new changes

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Its time to do some griping of new changes.
Ok ok theres some good things too but well i wouldnt be whiner if i wouldnt whine.

1. Removing of L/F
- On this round i have seen most massing and bashing EVER. Its only been bit over week and iv seen such waves and idiotism that i cant remember if iv seen such things happening before.
I can live with alliances warring and all but when same person sends to same target over and over again its insanity! 3-4 attacks to same person right after units have returned with no drawbacks is way too much!

2. Injuries.
- Yes injuries are nice... But whatta hell is this all about? People knows their targets are getting lots of units back so their rank will stay high or jump again and kill them all over again. Its insanity!
Im not huge fan of bashing and zeroing but this is going bit too far. With this amount of units return rate its next to impossible to kill anyone which ends up to more bashing.

3. Bounty.
- First of all how the hell i can have bounty on bots? That alone is stupid. If i attack someone and specially get defended against on some ID and lose units i get craploads of bounty on that defender. Awesome system... not. Where this leads? Before round is over i have bounty on propably everyone out there and its really stupid! I can understand bounties if i get attacked and all but when defenders are "punished" by bounty and attackers are rewarded with it, its stupid system!

4. AR.
- I have not played for few rounds as solo so couldnt tell before. But after lates changes this is getting ridiculous. Yes with injuries AR is piling nicely when attacked but why is AR affected by land loss only when your insanely land fat?
When you cant lose that much units due injuries is land playing even bigger part. For every solo losing acres is huge hit and as such should give constant non land fat dependable amount of AR. Same time AR shouldnt pile up as high from losing units as it does now.

5. Exp.
- Sure its nice exp got removed but at same time only more bashed targets encouraging affect in game got removed. I dont say some top rank with insane amounts of units deserves exp, but bots, lots of land and units losing people etc really would need some. How? I dont know but something must be added for those people who gets punished this much.

6. Players.
- As last i must say im really dissapointed to some people playing this game. This round raping, massing and bashing is on level we have not seen before. Go to alliance wars and do what ever you like but piling up attackers on solos and people who cant defend themselves is childish! You really need that much those few acres you must send repeated attacks on same IDs and wave and bash them? Get some balls!
This game is as much about fun as its about whos #1 in the end. And not everything is acceptable. Just to get there. Some tactics i have seen are so low and childish that it makes me sick. This is what you want this game to be about?
Treat your enemies as you would like them to treat you.
There are rules, even on wars!

Haplo

Planter
Re: Summa summarum or someting of new changes

Yay! BW post! Merry christmas to you too :x-mas: btw I agree with what you said about solo's needing more AR from land loss.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

7. Smegged up injury stsem & zombies & vampires!
- Such units as zombies and vampires seems to be overpowered and bugged. You dont get injuries from units killed by vampires and zombies due those being converting units. No matter how much you lose and how little is turned to new units.
Insanity!
Vampires will be hugely overpowered this round like this.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Gotta say I'm seeing no more rises in the amount of hits on people below the 50% and below the 40% marks than previous rounds in the mob counters... so all in all it looks like players "as an average" are playing the same. Which makes sense giving the shocking injury return rates you get for hitting at 30% your valuation ;P

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I only agree with BW's post about l/f. That cumulated with the late introduction of dynamic land gains (which is yet to come) allowed everybody to do as many repeat attacks and bashes they wanted for full land gains. I have no doubt that the top 10 in valuation would have some really nasty bounties on them with the old system.
Probably the players are still used with the old bonuses for attacking lawfully and don't quickly jump to take as much as they could from removal of l/f, but i think many will consider even a 5% land grab to be worth it if you fire first and the defender doesn't get his turn. 2 grabs where defender doesn't fire would give almost as much acres as 1 lawfull attack where you take looses, have a higher risk of not getting land but recover an extra 30%(?) of the troops lost. Not to mention if you don't want to perform and get as many acres possible you'll just kill some foo in lowest range to brighten your day and be happy there's no bounty anymore on you.
I'd rather have the old l/f and bounty changed instead removed. :( :x-mas:

Nonny

Harvester

1. Removal of L/F. personally, as stated previously, I liked it before it was removed. Having said that the number of people who constantly complained about it seemed overwhelming. Maybe if there are as many complaints about it's removal we should have an end of round vote. 1 vote per id, L/F yes or no. Majority carries and that's the end of it. No more complaints either way from anyone! Except BW of course 'cos he's special. 8)

2. I see what you're saying BW, but so far it seems positive to me. If you're solo you get AR so unless your attacker is a Bush god you can't get raped silly. If you're in an alliance then eventually one of your team-mates will get online to help at some point, and previously an alliance memeber would just get flattened outright anyway. So, yes, you're no doubt right there's more bashing, but units wise it has nothing like the effect it used to.

3. Bot bounty... whatever really. It's hardly hurting anyone or affecting gameplay. Bounties on defenders. I hear you, it does seem odd to be rewarded with a bounty for attacking someone. I suppose the saving grace is that you only get bounty if you fail, so it encourages you to try again rather than withdraw into your shell and sulk. It does feel silly, but we may find the reality turns out a lot better than the initial feel of it?

4. Couldn't agree more. As alliances have benefited most from the injuries system, (in that they have gained something from nothing whereas solo's lost insurance), and can attain / hold land easier perhaps the formula should be tweaked to take land loss into account more.
Umm, I don't want to lose my AR gains :( but fair enough. Given the numbers of troop returns from injury, and to counter land loss counting more in the AR calc?), perhaps troop losses shouldn't garner AR so fast.

5. Atm the benefit for being pulped is big fat bounties on your aggressors. Will that be enough? Probably not but we should see how the round plays out some more.

6. I'm surprised your disappointed! This isn't real life so people let their lowest selves come out. You could start a white knight crusade. People of like mind raping the smeg out of people who play in a not nice way!? ;)

Hobo

Harvester

i agree with a lot of what BW said.

But especially on L/F. I never attacked the same target ( smaller at least) twice within days maybe weeks of my first attack in fear of getting a bounty. I find myself having no problems doing it now ifi land i go back especially if solo and offline. Not proud of this but there is nothing stopping me do it. AS DS said why take a risk if i dont have to, i can land on the 40% guys so i will.

Now i know i am lining myslef to be a bounty target for them, but if i flak past them and steal they do more damage to me i would think with the killing of my gardies.

I think that some sort of diusasion on repeat attacks ( i too have had the same IDs repeat attacking me again and again and again and again)

I am playing solo and have had 6 players massing me, safe in the knowledge that they wont receive any badeffects at all.

something needs looking at in my opinion :)

Hobo

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The reduced land cap for bashing will weigh in heavily for repeat attacks too... (farm an ID of land and find yourself not stealing much land at all quite quickly). Will this be enough of a dissuasion I wonder?

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Azzer said:
The reduced land cap for bashing will weigh in heavily for repeat attacks too... (farm an ID of land and find yourself not stealing much land at all quite quickly). Will this be enough of a dissuasion I wonder?

well I'm sure some of the disgruntlement is the additions of some items without the addition of all items.

this new land cap/reduced stealing thingy will probably come in and help even out... my point about that would be... that the whole round would have been a different ballgame entirely more than likely had all points been put into play or kept it the way it was until you were ready.

i'm sure the land cap/reduced land for bashes/repeats will do alot to bring balance, but half way through the round is just late. I'm digging injuries and see a potential with alot of things you have done, but doing it as part 1 and part 2 especially with part 2 having the balancing aspect... is well bad form.

because not all parts are in, I'm trying to avoid making many comments. No sense in making suggestions on what's here when you aren't done yet.

Davis

Tree Surgeon

BlackWolf said:
3. Bounty.
Before round is over i have bounty on propably everyone out there and its really stupid!
I'd like to point out that you can only have a bounty on a maximum of 15 people, although you will have a huge enemies list you will still only have bounty on the top 15 :)

Hobo

Harvester

Azzer said:

doubt it :) land is land :) if its less it means people will just keep going back.

less returns dont scare people as much as being killed does or having bounty title did..
( i know not everyone cared either way)

the system has changed from punishment to slightly reduced reward for unlawful play.

:x-mas: happy xmas day all

Splatter

Weeder

10 attacks...On one person? For the same amount of land that 3 other attacks on another person could get you? Now I don't know about you, or anyone else...But I'd definately prefer the 3 attacks than the 10, reason being that 3 attacks would take 39 ticks, 10 attacks taking a grand ol' 130 - I'd rather spend that spare 81 ticks attacking for more land on different targets.

In summary of my (probably) muddled words, I don't see many people at all attacking someone 10 times because they want say 300 land, I do on the other hand see people attacking once or twice for 100 land mostly because it'd be far faster.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

When you dont know if your 3 attacks will land but you know those 10 attacks will even you steal only 5% i say i would go for 5% rate 99% sure caps rather than try my luck with someone else who might get def, AR etc.

Splatter

Weeder

Hm, I see your point...But I've always enjoyed the fact that I may not land be that through defence or AR. Keeps the game alive for me! :D Which I suppose is why I support the idea that you should get less land at 40% range.