Round 82 Awards

Leeroy1

Digger
Alliance of the round

Leftovers. A wonderful alliance to chill in. Pretty much played with 16 members all round, 10 of them UC, 3 nightcover and absolutely no route set up but still managed to keep on going. I saw some semi impressive stuff from the more active, organised alliances but nothing special. Seemed like BTNA had a fairly simple round where an expected couple of moments happened.

Best Offensive Alliance

BTNA. None of the attacks were inventive from any of the alliances and most were very easy to spot what was going on. The reason I'm giving this to BTNA is purely for 1 moment in the entire round. Their retal when 1 joint mass mob was sent at them.

Best Defensive Alliance

Leftovers. 16 members. 10 UC. 1 Extremist.

Honourable Mention Alliance

Scally. Giving Bribers some entertainment which was thinly veiled as competition.

Worst Alliance

The alliances that would kick their members, land train them (fair) and then troop trade with them (cheating).

Best Leader

TreeDude. Clear goal from the outset which was achieved. Wasn't a dick to anyone. Created a good atmosphere for the members to play in.

Worst Leader

Whoever leads BTNA. What an awful alliance name.

Player of the Round - Allied

Warrior.

Player of the Round - Solo

None. From what I saw, most solos were multis or account sharing. No solos that were playing by the rules troubled me in anyway which is always a sign that none of them were decent.

Best Offensive Player

Younge. Not for attacks but for his general offensive attitude ingame and profile picture.

Best Defensive Player

Charlie_B / Our 'Nightcover'. They defended well.

Honourable Mention Player

Robin(Cyro) - Joined us late but provided some entertainment with attacks. Got drawn into organising our defence too in the end. Very knowledgeable player now - I taught you well young one.
Franny. He actually did some stuff!
Alci. Consistently there always on hand to defend. Never whined once which must have been really tough for him.

Worst Player

All of the troop traders.

Best Moment of Round

Paperclip manufacturing.

Worst Moment of Round

Going attack dogs. Aside from killing a bunch of flak, nobody wanted to really touch them. Should have gone a Bounty Hunting route as from what I saw it would have been fairly easy to trick some of the alliances.

I’m not very good at maths Twigs
But... Leftovers have 20 members? Not 16

I don’t think could of bounty Hunted anyone.. it would of meant not being a wimp and hitting sleep mode

Ludacris

Beginner
First post so here goes. What. A. Round. I'll always be grateful for the friends and foes I made this round. As someone looking to relearn the game and support a friend in his project, it was a nostalgic revelation to relive my youth and play some hardcore bush once more. I'm not really known for ally play ever since R48 and the spies debacle I kind of gave up on the game. Maybe I was missing out or maybe I was waiting for the prime round to comeback and this was it chief.

Big shout out to all the players that take sportsmanship, fairplay, whatever you want to call it, seriously. There's no place in bush for cheaters, multis, troop trading/donations, spies, and anything else the community considers to be an unfair advantage. Hopefully future rounds can give us a game focused on elaborate gameplay, meticulous attack/defence plans, insane activity levels, crazy yolos, GC heroics and all the other fair in-game mechanics available to use within the rules.

Shameless plug, I'm going to stream the bush awards on my Twitch channel, nothing mega planned, just planning to get as many people together to celebrate the round and go through BRs, strategies, funny moments, etc. Check it out the weekend the round ends. I can't post the link but search LudacrisPlays.

Let's get into it!

Alliance of the round
BTNA - won the round

Best Offensive Alliance
TRS - relentless hardcore mofos really wanted to take on an alliance 150% or more of our size almost all round. Everyone played a part in grinding the attack plans so that BTNA didn't run away with it. I think we were all surprised to see us contesting so late into the round. Laziness in not finishing us off and GC heroics definitely played their parts here. Shame LO weren't there to support us in the 1st resistance but they came round in the end to make our final try.

Best Defensive Alliance
BTNA - didn't lose much land, super difficult to breakdown in the daytime but definitely had gaps at night which we exploited. Monk was a beast at night almost covering every single attack. Martin's retal plan on our final resistance try was hands down the best defensive move Bribe made all round. We were exhausted at this point and wanted a BR which never came, instead we leaked acres and the 24 hour retal plan hit us hard. Props to BTNA for stepping up and making me really think about how we could have played the whole situation differently. I think you could really see the quality in attack plans when the top planners were on and every one of those attacks taught me something new.

LO - how the **** did you guys manage to sneak in there haha! Really enjoyed knocking heads with you even now and working to take down BTNA with Robin and my Extremist arch-nemesis when we had the chance.

Best Leader
This game doesn't come down to one leader making the difference, it takes many people to teach the soldiers, to lead the armies to new lands, to conquer your opponents. Everyone who leads by example deserves a pat on the back.

Worst Leader
One of the free land guys probably

Player of the Round – Allied
Few for me

BTNA:
Monk for the defence
Martin for the plans
Yang for the bounty
Stevey for the annoying dogs
Leeroy for the bants

Scally:
Ed - absolute pleasure to play with this knowledgeable chap. top quality banter as well so he's not one of those dry numbers guys. taught me more about the game than I can remember and never runs away from stepping up to organise. called me out for some bullshit too which takes guts.
Boogie – another sage of bushtarion. knows his calcs by intuition and that tells you how much experience he has. always there at night to get involved even when he was busy getting called away by his boss. when I ****ed one of our attacks he was the first to say it was okay and we would come back stronger. especially since he took the most losses on his paper airplanes ;)
Younge – what a legend this man is. quickly established himself as furniture in the office. village idiot and lovable squaddie. will put his body on the line for the team.
Lanky/KB/Andy - this trio need a mention for their insane performances. never backed down from a fight and happy to put the activity in to make some fun happen in a game they have enjoyed for 20 years.
FFX for the dogs
Caz for the VDs
Markus, DRS and Jason for the PoMs

LO:
Brochacho Extremist – my arch-nemesis. enough said.
Robin – top dude who was quietly playing his game and I didn't anticipate his hunger for blood. great sport when it came to the final resistance and still taking it to us in cold blood. Come at me bruh
Geology puns - Great name. Annoying as **** pom nightcover. enough said.

Player of the Round – Solo
FearnDog – everyone shouting them out and it doesn't go unnoticed. top effort all round and even Martin had to admit they have the minerals give how much people landed on them and they still kept going.

Best Offensive Player
Younge - persistent even as a one man army

Best Defensive Player
Ed - gant army says it all tbf

Honourable Mention Players
Anyone who still manages to play and enjoy bush in 2021
Drunk Dellie when he makes an appearance

Worst Player

Best Moment of Round
All the big BRs were cool

Worst Moment of Round
Every time I tanked my troops on those damn pesky Extremists/Fanatics

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Alliance of the round

Leftovers. A wonderful alliance to chill in. Pretty much played with 16 members all round, 10 of them UC, 3 nightcover and absolutely no route set up but still managed to keep on going. I saw some semi impressive stuff from the more active, organised alliances but nothing special. Seemed like BTNA had a fairly simple round where an expected couple of moments happened.

Best Offensive Alliance

BTNA. None of the attacks were inventive from any of the alliances and most were very easy to spot what was going on. The reason I'm giving this to BTNA is purely for 1 moment in the entire round. Their retal when 1 joint mass mob was sent at them.

Best Defensive Alliance

Scally. Giving Bribers some entertainment which was thinly veiled as competition.

Worst Alliance

The alliances that would kick their members, land train them (fair) and then troop trade with them (cheating).

Best Leader

TreeDude. Clear goal from the outset which was achieved. Wasn't a dick to anyone. Created a good atmosphere for the members to play in.

Worst Leader

Warrior.

None. From what I saw, most solos were multis or account sharing. No solos that were playing by the rules troubled me in anyway which is always a sign that none of them were decent.

Best Offensive Player

Younge. Not for attacks but for his general offensive attitude ingame and profile picture.

Best Defensive Player

Robin(Cyro) - Joined us late but provided some entertainment with attacks. Got drawn into organising our defence too in the end. Very knowledgeable player now - I taught you well young one.
Alci. Consistently there always on hand to defend. Never whined once which must have been really tough for him.

Worst Player

Best Moment of Round

Paperclip manufacturing.

Worst Moment of Round

Going attack dogs. Aside from killing a bunch of flak, nobody wanted to really touch them. Should have gone a Bounty Hunting route as from what I saw it would have been fairly easy to trick some of the alliances.

I***8217;m not very good at maths Twigs

Correct, you're not good at maths and I'd add neither are you good at observation. We have had several members who barely move the needle on playing. Thank you for your contribution!

Leeroy1

Digger
Alliance of the round

Best Offensive Alliance

Best Defensive Alliance

Worst Alliance

Best Leader

Worst Leader

Warrior.

Best Offensive Player

Best Defensive Player

Worst Player

Best Moment of Round

Paperclip manufacturing.

Worst Moment of Round

Correct, you're not good at maths and I'd add neither are you good at observation. We have had several members who barely move the needle on playing. Thank you for your contribution!

Thanks for fighting twigs battles, much appreciated
Love you

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Alliance of the round

Best Offensive Alliance

Best Defensive Alliance

Worst Alliance

Best Leader

Worst Leader

Warrior.

Best Offensive Player

Best Defensive Player

Worst Player

Best Moment of Round

Paperclip manufacturing.

Worst Moment of Round

Love you

Well given the thickness of your skull it seems like multiple attempts might be necessary to penetrate the brain pan! Goodluck with absorption. See you in a couple years for a response?

Leeroy1

Digger
Alliance of the round

Best Offensive Alliance

Best Defensive Alliance

Worst Alliance

Best Leader

Worst Leader

Warrior.

Best Offensive Player

Best Defensive Player

Worst Player

Best Moment of Round

Paperclip manufacturing.

Worst Moment of Round

Love you

Well given the thickness of your skull it seems like multiple attempts might be necessary to penetrate the brain pan! Goodluck with absorption. See you in a couple years for a response?

Are you ok?

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
First post so here goes. What. A. Round. I'll always be grateful for the friends and foes I made this round. As someone looking to relearn the game and support a friend in his project, it was a nostalgic revelation to relive my youth and play some hardcore bush once more. I'm not really known for ally play ever since R48 and the spies debacle I kind of gave up on the game. Maybe I was missing out or maybe I was waiting for the prime round to comeback and this was it chief.

Big shout out to all the players that take sportsmanship, fairplay, whatever you want to call it, seriously. There's no place in bush for cheaters, multis, troop trading/donations, spies, and anything else the community considers to be an unfair advantage. Hopefully future rounds can give us a game focused on elaborate gameplay, meticulous attack/defence plans, insane activity levels, crazy yolos, GC heroics and all the other fair in-game mechanics available to use within the rules.

Shameless plug, I'm going to stream the bush awards on my Twitch channel, nothing mega planned, just planning to get as many people together to celebrate the round and go through BRs, strategies, funny moments, etc. Check it out the weekend the round ends. I can't post the link but search LudacrisPlays.

Let's get into it!

Alliance of the round
BTNA - won the round

Best Offensive Alliance
TRS - relentless hardcore mofos really wanted to take on an alliance 150% or more of our size almost all round. Everyone played a part in grinding the attack plans so that BTNA didn't run away with it. I think we were all surprised to see us contesting so late into the round. Laziness in not finishing us off and GC heroics definitely played their parts here. Shame LO weren't there to support us in the 1st resistance but they came round in the end to make our final try.

Best Defensive Alliance
BTNA - didn't lose much land, super difficult to breakdown in the daytime but definitely had gaps at night which we exploited. Monk was a beast at night almost covering every single attack. Martin's retal plan on our final resistance try was hands down the best defensive move Bribe made all round. We were exhausted at this point and wanted a BR which never came, instead we leaked acres and the 24 hour retal plan hit us hard. Props to BTNA for stepping up and making me really think about how we could have played the whole situation differently. I think you could really see the quality in attack plans when the top planners were on and every one of those attacks taught me something new.

LO - how the **** did you guys manage to sneak in there haha! Really enjoyed knocking heads with you even now and working to take down BTNA with Robin and my Extremist arch-nemesis when we had the chance.

Best Leader
This game doesn't come down to one leader making the difference, it takes many people to teach the soldiers, to lead the armies to new lands, to conquer your opponents. Everyone who leads by example deserves a pat on the back.

Worst Leader
One of the free land guys probably

Player of the Round ***8211; Allied
Few for me

BTNA:
Monk for the defence
Martin for the plans
Yang for the bounty
Stevey for the annoying dogs
Leeroy for the bants

Scally:
Ed - absolute pleasure to play with this knowledgeable chap. top quality banter as well so he's not one of those dry numbers guys. taught me more about the game than I can remember and never runs away from stepping up to organise. called me out for some bullshit too which takes guts.
Boogie ***8211; another sage of bushtarion. knows his calcs by intuition and that tells you how much experience he has. always there at night to get involved even when he was busy getting called away by his boss. when I ****ed one of our attacks he was the first to say it was okay and we would come back stronger. especially since he took the most losses on his paper airplanes ;)
Younge ***8211; what a legend this man is. quickly established himself as furniture in the office. village idiot and lovable squaddie. will put his body on the line for the team.
Lanky/KB/Andy - this trio need a mention for their insane performances. never backed down from a fight and happy to put the activity in to make some fun happen in a game they have enjoyed for 20 years.
FFX for the dogs
Caz for the VDs
Markus, DRS and Jason for the PoMs

LO:
Brochacho Extremist ***8211; my arch-nemesis. enough said.
Robin ***8211; top dude who was quietly playing his game and I didn't anticipate his hunger for blood. great sport when it came to the final resistance and still taking it to us in cold blood. Come at me bruh
Geology puns - Great name. Annoying as **** pom nightcover. enough said.

Player of the Round ***8211; Solo
FearnDog ***8211; everyone shouting them out and it doesn't go unnoticed. top effort all round and even Martin had to admit they have the minerals give how much people landed on them and they still kept going.

Best Offensive Player
Younge - persistent even as a one man army

Best Defensive Player
Ed - gant army says it all tbf

Honourable Mention Players
Anyone who still manages to play and enjoy bush in 2021
Drunk Dellie when he makes an appearance

Worst Player

Best Moment of Round
All the big BRs were cool

Worst Moment of Round
Every time I tanked my troops on those damn pesky Extremists/Fanatics

I feel a little bit of honesty is needed here. Martin's retal plan that finished the round, this was not originally a retal plan.

As I said in my section we had spoke about setting an LT for the Saturday morning to spend 48 hours hitting you guys. Luckily, you sent at us 2 fakes and 1 real on 3 targets over the same tick. Was an easy decision to put his plan in action at that point.

He had only just finished before you attacked. Really, it was just very unfortunate timing for you guys and it was are most active time of the day.

Yang

Harvester
Weeeee dug out my forums account for this one...

Alliance of the round - BTNA for the win, great crew to play with - only one of us dropped out, no BS or drama all round

Best Offensive Alliance - Scallywags, they brought the fight to us as underdogs and were a few shot calls from taking the round away. Could have gone either way on a few of the calls in the big BRs and definitely made our lives hell for a good period of the round.

Best Defensive Alliance - BTNA. We somehow managed to scrape enough defences together and force recalls where/when we were in terrible shape and managed to get the BRs we wanted at our reals. Honourable mention to Scallywags too for dodging fights when needed and trying to force us to fight defensively.

Worst alliance: ?

Best Leader: Crew that lead BTNA(Martin/IoF/Monk/Alevo)

Worst Leader: ?

Players of the Round - Martin/Alevo/Addicted/Warrior - Martin and Alevo for organising most of our attacks. Addicted for organising our defences at night, think very few people saw how much Addicted was saving us during the night as we had a sparse night crew. Warrior for rank 1 but also seemed to consistently not be in bad BRs.

Honourable Mentions:

Stevey/Monk/Leeroy/IoF - always around and delivered when needed

Best Offensive Player:

Younge/Ludacris for keeping us on our toes at night, had a lot of "yeah I'm going to bed next tick" only to then stay up for another hour.

Best Defensive Player:

BTNA night crew(Quitus/Icy/Addicted) - we were barely hanging on at nights, think we would have cracked if Scallywags kept up the pressure during the nights for another week!

Worst player:

Me when I sent to HQ and lost 2k+ land to a 100k geo rush during the night

Best moment of the round:

Climatic BRs that decided the round after weeks of posturing/pulling/rushes

Worst moment of the round:

When someone goes AWOL on a mass attack that's been pulled(rip Nicket/Lee) or when someone gets woken during the night and then forgets to send out

Treedude

Harvester
Alliance of the round

Well done to BTNA for finishing Rank 1, a hard fought victory by all accounts, however I am of course going to give this to Leftovers.
Bias you might say but also a perfectly reasonable pick as the only one of the three alliances that actually achieved our goal (Scally didn't win and Bribers weren't bribers, more on that later).

I brought back LO for folk to have a laugh, the chat being more important than anything that happened in game, and everyone involved certainly delivered on that front (christ knows how many WA messages we are up to now). 3 days before the round we had 3 people so to get together a whole alliance is great, and with way more talent than we had any right to attract. Being FTF there were obviously **** moments dealing with two FTW alliances, but despite this we had a laugh along the way and we're finishing with 20 members (23 if you count the WA).

Honourable Mention

Scally. Despite being behind the entire round put up an incredible fight with Bribers and at one point came pretty close to toppling them. Unlucky in the end it seems but a big effort, massively active and a massive pain in the ass for us in the last week as they took back R2 (which was a fair outcome it must be said). Also props for being #1 in the majority of the fun battle categories, including bribing which is both a feather in your cap and a black mark against BTNA.

Dishonourable Mention

BTNA not getting R1 Bribing alliance. Also made the mistake of not choosing the best nano player in recent memory to play as nano.

Best Offensive Player

Dachi. Land stealing extraordinaire and basically single handedly dealt with that annoying solo "group". Also his intel at the start of the round was absolutely mind blowing to me, huge effort and an even bigger spend on flyovers.

Best Defensive Player

Our night crew. There were various people who did well to organise our rabble style defence but this goes to the night crew particularly. A mostly impossible task for them throughout. Jason/Alci already mentioned elsewhere and were the backbone of it, heroic efforts from both all the way through, but also a shout here to the other North Americans who were involved earlier in the round or more recently.

Robin(Cyro). Quite frankly ridiculous finishing position for someone in LO, incredibly off brand for us. Great player and a great asset for us.
edd. Gargs, that is all
warrior. Rank 1, well played
Anyone who went Robo. Seems 75% of the players this round were Robo killing routes so fair play to anyone who stuck at it.

Worst Player

Anyone who cheated (troop trading, multi's etc). None of this is cool and anyone who takes part automatically goes into this category.
Whoever in Bribers kept organising stoopid hits on us. This is specifically in the last 2 weeks with them sending more than our entire alliance score (sometimes double) on 1 tick for 150 land. Be better. (although well done for proving Twig's point).

Best Moment of Round

In case my wife reads this I suppose I should lead off with getting married. But onto the real best moments:
Paper clips.
Jason's masterful production on our debut album.
Extremist destruction and dead Strikers.
The two times I got to T-Rex smash.
The Alci 'lol' tracker.

Worst Moment of Round

Incoming that we had, at various points, that caused folk in LO to stop enjoying themselves (and led a couple to delete). Some of it was fair game, some of it was straight up bawbaggery, but either way hard to deal with when we weren't anywhere near as active as the other alliances and mostly UC. Other than that it's been a blast.

edd

Tree Surgeon
I've never been so glad for a round to end!

I've largely enjoyed this round. Overall playing allied has been fun more often than not, especially the early part when people don't care about troops as much. Even throughout the round there is a lot that I didn't realise I had missed about allied play. Everything from key tech timings - that moment when you get your first guru, hax or PB...perhaps a bad example, but also mass attacks and mass defense coordination, chaotically busy whatsapp chats (I really miss IRC) and the camaraderie of it all that I've missed out on while solo.

As Martin said, some things have blighted what was largely an entertaining round for both bribe and scally. I was not sure about posting because i am bitter about a select few things but I'll post for the most part with the consideration that 95% of it was decent.

Best Offensive Alliance - Bribe

Best Defensive Alliance - Scally

Honourable Mention Alliance - LO

Player of the Round - Martin, from my perspective you were the most impactful player in the round.

Best Offensive Player
Most relentless - Younge, Chris and leeroy.
Most effective - Boogie/Dachi.
There is one more player who I might have voted for. At the time I thought he was doing very well and was a great team member but I feel my view of him has been skewed now. You can find him in the worst player of the round.

Best Defensive Player - This extremist guy. Even though the round is over, I think my alliance will find a way to keep dying on you. Also most of my ally for a lot of great defensive efforts, unfortunately the few not so good ones mattered more in the end.

Honourable Mention Player - Warrior, iof, Quitus, Nicket, Monk, Atsan, mdog and Alci all put in a good shift. Also the Scallywags AHQ. Thank you my friend, I will miss you next round. Our active and not so active dog players. I feel like I could put a few from my alliance for this but I already thanked them in our own pols.

Best Moment of Round
All the round start was fun.
Continuing to teach some newer players and seeing players develop from last round to be able to handle mass incs more effectively.
Resigning ourselves to the fact we had failed yet again, going yolo on Martin at 2am or so with 6 of us and coming out on top.
Leeroy dying on me to boogie and a tricksy ahq after a marathon of rushing - honestly i survived because of boogie and sheer luck.

Worst Moment of Round
Watching not one, not two, not three but four thugs finish teching PB for Bribe with the knowledge that we just picked and chose routes and nobody chose PB.

Time for the 5%:

Worst Players - Cheats of all kinds. I'm going to clarify in case there are people reading this who think I'm just referring to the solos. Specifically:

The player I thought was playing a selfless role in the early round by following all his teammates and helping them land while never adding to his own acres, "Sleep mode imminent" as I recall it. Well he became the first PB to restart. He was the first one that sent pbs and flak to Bribe's two nanobot players. Quite appropriately I was dropping a deuce on my epiphany toilet when I recalled that Seb is Alevo's brother and is also the twice restarted PB that fed him nanos. But feel free to try to convince me that gifting your own brother nanos was in no way troop feeding/trading. All other bribe players complicit in troop trading.

All bribe players who just tolerated cheating and for letting QS into your alliance and giving him a chance to play when he has cheated countless times in the past. Those of you scarred by rushes from those solos should know/remember for the future that that was just a fraction of the rubbish QS and CK have done alongside the argentinians (excluding quitus). Surely I'm not the only one who remembers receiving inc from 10-15 multi ids using -2 rushes as rpg/SA/harrier etc non-stop.

There's a part of me that wishes you guys just stick together because you don't deserve the rest of us for playing this way. But I know there's some decent players in there so I hope you don't do this stuff again.

@Treedude. Winning was never our intention, we might have had any kind of strategy for a routesetup if it was what we wanted. In fact the only reason I didn't play puppets is because I should be getting first id/tech this time around and somebody pointed out that I won't be able to delete should I want to keep em. I didn't trust myself with puppets. With 1 shock, 1 sorc and 1 nano (who left when he was top in troop score) we would surely have struggled even more without the early CW that come with the CG route. However, people were enjoying the game enough that we did kick it up a notch and had the winning activity. I won't deny there was a big disparity in activity and, likely, contactability between our two alliances, but I just wanted to clarify that we never set out with that aim. It is regretful that players in your alliance felt the huge incoming was sucking fun out of the game, I think we did find ourselves in a similar position, in terms of morale, more than once. Well done to all who stuck it out and I hope we see Toby and others return.

Last edited:

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Bit gutted I've pissed a few of you off so much - I've seen similar done with restarting loads of times, and just generally thought it was accepted practice. Nothing was mutual or agreed, though, and it wasn't nepotism.

Yang/Ludacris great job on the stream! I'll try and be about for today's one.

Yang

Harvester
Think we will probably give the one today a miss, we were planning to do a 1 hour stream with half an hour on the survey we did then half an hour on the round awards. Ended up being 3 hours haha!

Here's the vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/957002118, 00:16-01:13 our survey results and 01:13-onwards for round awards.