Round 31 Awards Discussion

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Ailihphilia: Not much clue about what they did tbh, i know Garrett lead them and he got alot of white hair from that. Preparing his glorious entrance into Old Farts i imagine :D

then you didn't pay any attention. gj DS. you flamed me into posting with your grossly inaccurate post. just because you are an ostrich doesn't mean **** didn't go down around you.

nothing in this round involving fighting for the top happened without involving me.

whether striking at twigley the first time with EF. playing lazily but decently enough to beat aa, trim tir a couple times, crush fail, and now ioab are slowly but surely falling.

i could really go into some REAL detail about the round and how I was involved, but i need not justify my alliance or myself to anyone.

For people without a cause, we played well and had fun. I loved my core and attacking buddies. They made my round.

Thanks to all that participated.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Player of the Round - Solo - Darksider, Three Top Solos

Darksider once again showed us how dominant he can be just by bounty hunting. I don't think anything else needs to be said :p
The three solos at the top stayed near the top for pretty much the entire time. I imagine it must have been hard fighting off RRR every day, so my hats go off to them.

It's really easy fending us off if you're in sleepmode for 2weeks. When they were online, and not having sky high ARs, they got battered pretty badly. One thing they had going for them was extremely high activity/contactability.

As for DS, i can only say... Sleepmode is for losers!

EDIT: Thanks for the kind words regarding the alliance(s) i was in and myself!

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Iamsmart told me to post in this thread, didn't want to get involved in Bushtarion anymore, but I felt I needed to give credit where it was due.

Worst Leader - Flamey and Myself (JJ)

I nominated Flamey for the obvious reason that TIR died pretty much because he refused to log on.

This is not true.
Flamey had an inactive round due to real life problems and even trouble.
I hereby ask of you to remove Flamey from this post, and actually post the name who "led" TIR whilst Flamey wasnt around. Over 80% of the round there was WhiteHawk leading TIR.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
To be fair i did **** up TIR i left and she fell apart, however i didnt lead her to the state she was in and when i returned to playing in TIR I drove it back into the top ranks several times

At the time I first returned WH had the alliance in the state where everyone was ready to leave, I did my best to hold it together it looks to finish top 10 WHich is pretty good considering.

While im here id like to thank Yngwie and BB for helping to keep TIR together at various times when i was absent, also WH for trying his best, He did what he could but is not A leader of the calibre to run a ftw alliance properly He has potential and if can just learn not alienate people he could go on to lead alliances quite well.

Thanks also JJ and me for worst leader :p Had to say it

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
  • Worst Leader
    DA, I expected more from him. shame on me I guess.

I hold my hands up to this, I could have performed better - That said, Fail's demise was not entirely down to me - We were hit with bad luck on a number of fronts - Most notably the fact that a depressing number of players seemed to have RL stuff going on, new jobs, that kind of thing - Players who I expected to be 100% committed sadly werent.

I think my leadership was "there" up until that point, reflected in our strong start, but I can't tell people to decline job offers etc :p

That said I should have tried harder to keep things together in the end. Unfortunately at that point I had RL issues myself, and couldnt put in the effort required to keep an alliance with wavering commitment levels together :/ Hell Howl was with us about 4 hours, up until we refused to spend cash on blockers to stop an 8 acre land loss :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Ailihphilia: Not much clue about what they did tbh, i know Garrett lead them and he got alot of white hair from that. Preparing his glorious entrance into Old Farts i imagine :D

then you didn't pay any attention. gj DS. you flamed me into posting with your grossly inaccurate post. just because you are an ostrich doesn't mean **** didn't go down around you.

Sorry Garrett, didn't intend to do a bad post towards you i just didn't have memories involving your alliance other than helping in the resistance. I didn't said you guys did nothing just that i don't know what you did so i can't post much about your ally :p

We were perfectly good team players, sure we harassed each other alot (lots of IRC channel ban wars occurred) but we were than capable of playing together when it was necessary. [..] If we wanted to win so badly we could've just waited til a day before round end and pulled our little stunt then and bob's your uncle. We preferred the entertainment side of things.

Again, my personal opinion is that you played more like a group of solo's with Silence stepping in from time to time for the mass attacks. You had the military discipline to follow a massive organized attack/defence but the alliance felt quite defragmented to me. I might be wrong, but that's how i saw it.
If you wanted to win badly in ReRR you should have easly done it imho even if you split when you split. Reason for your fall was lack of motivation to play as a team and strike back. Maybe not having Silence organising was all that it took as you had almost no attacks sent once ReRR formed. You did a wonderful job at calling players online to defend/send out but that was all. You'd probably say but omg we got retaled each time we sent an attack out, i'd say it was possible and not too hard to destroy the resistance if you had the will to get your team to top spot at round end.

Player of the Round - Solo - Darksider, Three Top Solos

Darksider once again showed us how dominant he can be just by bounty hunting. I don't think anything else needs to be said :p
The three solos at the top stayed near the top for pretty much the entire time. I imagine it must have been hard fighting off RRR every day, so my hats go off to them.

It's really easy fending us off if you're in sleepmode for 2weeks. When they were online, and not having sky high ARs, they got battered pretty badly. One thing they had going for them was extremely high activity/contactability.

As for DS, i can only say... Sleepmode is for losers!

EDIT: Thanks for the kind words regarding the alliance(s) i was in and myself!

I wanted to say a word about the 3 solo's myself but they seemed like they didn't have an all round plan .. just good early round growth but they realised it's almost impossible to make it past a certain score/acres with the current solo settings and gave up.
As for me beeing a loser for using sleepmode: My only goals for the round are eff, BH and serial killer. I had only SO's as BH competitors and it would have been silly to just give them a boost every day while i was doing just the low ranks BH-ing. But since obviously you know what you're talking maybe your highness wants to show us how to play the "winning way" solo rpg with such a fragile defensive setup ?

Best player (solo): Max- I think he has perfected the art of mass basics more than anyone else in game.

I really tryed not to write this in my first post but something is pushing me to do it now :p I wanted to give Max the worst solo award for having the solo route with the most potential for score play but while i was getting demolished by bunkers of similar size i had no problems to BH him all round and make profit even if he was several times bigger. His troop setup is one of the weakest i ever saw at a high ranked bunker and the only reason he stays there is the thugs with large amount of petrols or big sorcs not paying him a visit.

DS for his bounty hunting, but i dont want to award someone who sleeps half the round, and starts late to check for the counterroute.

I actually had the account from the very first tick, even before the very first tick when i chosed a name to go with a bunker account :p Reason why you think i started late was i only wanted to test rpg's in a couple BR's and i was in no rush to do it. I stole 0 acres all round and finished my tech in 26th day (even if my plan to get rpg was set from first day and i was slowly developing it) .. when i saw the name of the top Bounty hunter and the little devil inside me wanted to ruin his goal :(

aGit

Harvester
enrico said:
Player of the Round - Solo - DS is the only one I noticed: bountyhunting solo with RPGs is not easy.

not to bash ds, but could you, enrico, shed some light on what exactly makes it hard?

Last edited:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Ok you had some good BH runs, i noticed them and wanted to give you a thumbs up for that, but no offense, i was only scared of them SO's as it was easyer for them to BH than it was for you and probably easyer than it was for me as i couldn't really attack any decent alliances :p

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Ok you had some good BH runs, i noticed them and wanted to give you a thumbs up for that, but no offense, i was only scared of them SO's as it was easyer for them to BH than it was for you and probably easyer than it was for me as i couldn't really attack any decent alliances :p

I wasn't just talking about me. Only a couple of people in the top 10 for BH are SO. There are just as many RPGs as there are SOs, so I don't think you're correct in saying it's easier for SOs. Personally I found bounty hunting very easy with RPGs.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
JJbrosandjl said:
Intense was in S2N, but he's impressed me the most. I remember once I spied and saw S2N had incoming. I HLed him and he was on within 15 seconds.

Since no one else has, I'll ask.
What? Did S2N and Enmity keep an eye on each others incs? Highlighted each other if necessary?
It's that kinda shit which makes people suspect powerblocks btw. Just sayin'.

As for awards, props to Darkmane for a pretty clever strategy. That loophole should probs be closed now though.

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
JJbrosandjl said:
Intense was in S2N, but he's impressed me the most. I remember once I spied and saw S2N had incoming. I HLed him and he was on within 15 seconds.

Since no one else has, I'll ask.
What? Did S2N and Enmity keep an eye on each others incs? Highlighted each other if necessary?
It's that kinda shit which makes people suspect powerblocks btw. Just sayin'.

As for awards, props to Darkmane for a pretty clever strategy. That loophole should probs be closed now though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I missed that! hahahahaha

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I wasn't just talking about me. Only a couple of people in the top 10 for BH are SO. There are just as many RPGs as there are SOs, so I don't think you're correct in saying it's easier for SOs. Personally I found bounty hunting very easy with RPGs.

A top 10 BH spot doesn't mean imo you're a 'real' BH-er. Kuda for example only made it so high because of the huge army and the battles at top level he fought. The bounty rank just came by itself, i don't think he aimed for it.
And the amount of rpg and SO's in top 10 is also irrelevant, it only shows those routes are good for attacking and the players did well with them. It wouldn't be all that impossible an extremist player to win BH.
Before i started attacking, Mateen had a huge BH lead over rank 2 but that also doesn't necesarily mean SO's was the best route to BH with. He was probably one of the few who played purely for BH. I only thought of Mateen, agit, you, Martin a bit and myself as the only that aimed for a top BH spot. Might be more but this is what i felt the need to keep an eye over :p

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Mod Note: I've moved the discussion posts to their own thread, please use this thread for discussion of peoples choices and keep the other thread for just awards posts.

TY,

~Asmo

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Best player (solo): Max- I think he has perfected the art of mass basics more than anyone else in game.

I really tryed not to write this in my first post but something is pushing me to do it now :p I wanted to give Max the worst solo award for having the solo route with the most potential for score play but while i was getting demolished by bunkers of similar size i had no problems to BH him all round and make profit even if he was several times bigger. His troop setup is one of the weakest i ever saw at a high ranked bunker and the only reason he stays there is the thugs with large amount of petrols or big sorcs not paying him a visit.

Maybe if you didn't keep his AR up by BHing him they might have. Sorry, but what Max does is really quite skillful; this isn't the first time he's been riding high off the back of first dev + basics.

It's certainly harder to be where he is than to mass RPGs and go sleeping at night. I didn't want to mention that either, but now I have :/

Last edited:

aGit

Harvester

A top 10 BH spot doesn't mean imo you're a 'real' BH-er. Kuda for example only made it so high because of the huge army and the battles at top level he fought. The bounty rank just came by itself, i don't think he aimed for it.
And the amount of rpg and SO's in top 10 is also irrelevant, it only shows those routes are good for attacking and the players did well with them. It wouldn't be all that impossible an extremist player to win BH.
Before i started attacking, Mateen had a huge BH lead over rank 2 but that also doesn't necesarily mean SO's was the best route to BH with. He was probably one of the few who played purely for BH. I only thought of Mateen, agit, you, Martin a bit and myself as the only that aimed for a top BH spot. Might be more but this is what i felt the need to keep an eye over :p

i started BHing when RReR fell, that was 2 weeks ago if im not mistaken. at the time you already had 48b worth of bounty. My aim was never to achieve the r1 bh/eff spot. but to see how much i could bh within the time i had left.