• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Possible minor changes - Consultation

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Just because they help you personally does not mean that they are balanced. During flak wars they give you a massive boost to killing power at range, middle and close with no added score.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
I guess I do have a somewhat biased point of view. I still like the concept that they help smaller players deal with overwhelming attacks though.

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I guess I do have a somewhat biased point of view. I still like the concept that they help smaller players deal with overwhelming attacks though.

It's nonsense though. It prevents people from flakking low down targets when they are dead and have to rebuild. Especially in this game there are always as the round goes on lots of targets that have crap troops after they quit, but loads of WKs that make rebuilding much more difficult and expensive than it needs to be. It makes it actually harder on lower down players because they can't do small attacks to regain land stolen from them by higher ranked players without it costing a tremendous amount in coin and flak. While it does make it unpleasant to be flakked by people above you, the trade off is that you can flak people below you. In this circumstance with WKs, it makes it worse on the mid to low ranked players I feel because they get killed, can't rebuild quickly and efficiently, and consequently get stuck in crappy limbo without enough troops *or* land.

They are, as toby said, a terrible burden in flak wars for attackers and make people want to mass people more with actual units instead of flak because you have to make sure you kill the WKs. Is it better to be flakked or to be zeroed? Land should be an easily traded commodity, WKs ruin that entirely. They should either cost more in score, or lose their absurd flak killing abilities. It's just a stupid unbalanced knee jerk bandaid fix.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
so is anything going to change?

Well if one were to look for oneself and see moderate to little in the way of much agreement over anything, then you would be able to conclude that it is highly likely that there will not be for the forseeable future.

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener

It's nonsense though. It prevents people from flakking low down targets when they are dead and have to rebuild. Especially in this game there are always as the round goes on lots of targets that have crap troops after they quit, but loads of WKs that make rebuilding much more difficult and expensive than it needs to be. It makes it actually harder on lower down players because they can't do small attacks to regain land stolen from them by higher ranked players without it costing a tremendous amount in coin and flak. While it does make it unpleasant to be flakked by people above you, the trade off is that you can flak people below you. In this circumstance with WKs, it makes it worse on the mid to low ranked players I feel because they get killed, can't rebuild quickly and efficiently, and consequently get stuck in crappy limbo without enough troops *or* land.

They are, as toby said, a terrible burden in flak wars for attackers and make people want to mass people more with actual units instead of flak because you have to make sure you kill the WKs. Is it better to be flakked or to be zeroed? Land should be an easily traded commodity, WKs ruin that entirely. They should either cost more in score, or lose their absurd flak killing abilities. It's just a stupid unbalanced knee jerk bandaid fix.

I've actually changed my mind. Not just because you quite politely schooled me, but also because I can see the degree to which we have been able to use WK this early is ridiculous. It makes defending far too easy at this stage.

Max

Garden Designer
Slavi and I dominated defence in Trans last round in the first week, all because of 1m WKs. It's a little OP for alliances, although an absolute lifeline for most solos! So a switch would leave them even more ravished than they are at present. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I WWs wouldn't help at all.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
leave effectiveness. remove h/f and everything that goes along with it :p

or bring back xp with a 50% cap so my flak survives WK better :p

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
but but i don't get enough emails about cowardice and how revenge will be taken upon me later and how I'm on a couch while they are busy lifting all day bro.

i want to encourage more misanthropic behavior! it's amusing.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
but but i don't get enough emails about cowardice and how revenge will be taken upon me later and how I'm on a couch while they are busy lifting all day bro.

i want to encourage more misanthropic behavior! it's amusing.

35982216.jpg

avash

Harvester
15 man alliances to try and make the game have 3 allie battles instead instead of 2 every round

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
15 man alliances to try and make the game have 3 allie battles instead instead of 2 every round

15 man alliances don't make anything easier or better. I figured even you would know that by now! 3 Allies only makes a 2v1 inevitable, and those suck. And it makes people have to be more active, rather than less. Leads to less enjoyment. Come on, this has been gospel truth for many rounds now.