Max's Christmas Solo PW

• Before Christmas (22nd-25th)

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • After Christmas (26th-29th)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Max

Garden Designer
I've been considering setting up my own PW for some time, but this Christmas feels like the perfect opportunity to do so!

Now, I've always loved playing solo. To me, a truly solo player is the closest one can get in the game to a representation of personal skill. So, I propose the following!

50 man (and woman, of course!) PW, everyone plays solo, no PNAPs, no sleep mode. I do not want any player to be invincible or untouchable, but I am not sure if there is a way of removing the option of the bunker route (advice on this?). Certainly no open developments.

It would probably be 5 minute ticks over 3.5 days. Now I can do this either before or after Christmas, so let me know which you would prefer using the poll!

If the demand is much greater than 50, I can scale it up, so don't worry about that. Note: at the moment, this is not a "I want to be in the PW!" thread, just a discussion about what you would prefer the PW to be.

Example discussion topics:

Do you think bunkers should be banned?
Do you think removal of sleep mode is a bad thing and would cause players to play 24/7 to their own graves? I want you guys to get some sleep (real life sleep that is!!!) this Christmas!
Do you think that we should have starting cash? My opinion is that I prefer people to start off at ground level (no extra cash boost, 5 land a piece), but this may be unfair.
Do you think that we should keep AR or ditch it?
Do you want a base bounty/insurance? I don't :p

The purpose of this thread is to give you, the players, a fun PW that you are going to enjoy for three days. I am going to make it as pure solo as possible though.

Oh, and did I mention that I am planning cash prizes? Probably one for the winner (valuation, this is not a CTF world) and one for best effort xD Hey, if someone masses nutters and ends in the top 10 that deserves some kudos :p

Anyway, enough of my blithering, please discuss!!!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Excellent idea Max

I'd be fine with them in a solo PW spanning 3.5 days tbh.

Do you think removal of sleep mode is a bad thing and would cause players to play 24/7 to their own graves? I want you guys to get some sleep this Christmas!

No sleep mode is fine imo.

Do you think that we should have starting cash? My opinion is that I prefer people to start off at ground level (no extra cash boost, 5 land a piece), but this may be unfair.

You have to remember that the lifespan of the PW is going to mean few people are going to tech very far - You have to address this by making devs finish faster/giving people more money. Rank 1 is going to be the person with the most basics if we start from the ground up on a 3.5 day PW :p

Keep, imo. Will keep things more competitive at the top.

Oh, and did I mention that I am planning cash prizes? Probably one for the winner (valuation, this is not a CTF world) and one for best effort xD Hey, if someone masses nutters and ends in the top 10 that deserves some kudos :p

Martin is going to be thrilled with some extra christmas money :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
You can ban bunkers.
No sleep mode.
Small cash.
Keep AR.
Before xmas.

If you dont make on, i prolly will make a 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 v 5 - 5 of each member from each ally at the top..

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
i voted purely cause i can - if i feel up to it though, i will be more than glad to join regardless of pw rules.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Makes little difference based on my suggestions below.

Do you think removal of sleep mode is a bad thing and would cause players to play 24/7 to their own graves? I want you guys to get some sleep (real life sleep that is!!!) this Christmas!
No sleep mode, skill should prevail over activity.

Anything above £10bil is bollocks IMO.

Now, in a PW it can be ridiculous with AR levels, so I propose the keeping of AR, but the removal of the AR Mod OR a limit that it can be. So therefor someone who has been attacked on day 1 can't be attacked for the rest of the round because their AR Mod is too high. Although a PW with no AR Mod at all would make the poor bugger at rank 1 far too easy to take down with a mass.

Do you want a base bounty/insurance?
IF anything make it so that bounty is higher than insurance, 20% bounty, 10% insurance? I think a base bounty is a good idea because it allows those with skill to kill others and make profits whilst killing oponents. Although you do not want people suiciding on people with high insurance rates so they can do it over and over again.

When
After Christmas works better for me personally.

DA
Unless I am allowed to be looked after by friends I wouldn't win :p

Hobo

Harvester
Bunkers

Matters not in short world.

Sleep mode.

Nope, not for three days. :)

Starting cash / Land

Some, but as martin said not loads. moer than the normal start though. Multipliers loads lower tho. or will be a flak war!!

Either before or after is cool.

Merry Christmas :D

Godsend9701

Harvester
no keep bunkers

Do you think removal of sleep mode is a bad thing and would cause players to play 24/7 to their own graves? allow sleepmode, people (like myself) would be on 24/7 to win :p

Do you think that we should have starting cash? nothing more than 10bil, but not at ground level as its only 3.5 days

Do you think that we should keep AR or ditch it? being solo means you get AR, so keep it, but i think it should be lowered some what

Do you want a base bounty/insurance? no bounty and no insurance, just like the old days :p

Before/After Xmas? i would like to see it after but meh it wont bother me as much

Max

Garden Designer
OK, thanks for your responses so far :)

I shall probably set up the PW early next week, which gives just under a week for sign-up before ticks start on the 22nd of December.

I have decided on nearly all of the parameters now, as well as a few mathematical calculations to pick the optimal development times and starting cash / land :)

Just a few problems remain!!!

Under the "create world" page, I cannot find anywhere to specify whether to allow bunkers or not (as a specific route choice), and I can only appear to be able to set the AR modifier as "on" or "off", nothing in between. Am I blind or are these functions only available via the marvellous intervention of the Azzman himself? :D

I do value your opinions, so please keep them coming!