Intentional Triggering

Zaheen

BANNED
So that's LS_ triggered on me 25 times, and whoever else in the first weekend and thought they could get away with it...

Now I just spent £200 bil on Tractors, and Gardeners to flak a PoM, sent ETA 8. Minifreak just sent 1 tick behind me with a load of CGs, to once again trigger on me.

I guess you all want me to show you how it's done huh? No problem.

[12:28:09] <@Sophie> They have ruined me enough this round
[12:28:21] <@Sophie> But the thing is I lose AR Mod
[12:28:24] <@Sophie> I lose honour
[12:28:29] <@Sophie> And eventually my AR Mod will just go away
[12:28:51] <@Kuro> Really?
[12:29:06] <@Kuro> :O
[12:29:38] <@Sophie> If you trigger on someone enough times
[12:29:43] <@Sophie> You start to lose AR Mod in segments of 25%
[12:29:48] <@Sophie> Along with -150 honour loss
[12:29:51] <@Kuro> Wtf.
[12:29:52] <@Sophie> After a certain number of times
[12:29:57] <@Sophie> AR never helps you, ever.
[12:29:58] <@Kuro> I didn't know that.
[12:30:04] <@Sophie> The only players who get away with it, are allied players
[12:30:09] <@Sophie> As they don't have AR Mod anyway
[12:30:16] <@Sophie> This is to stop AR Mod abuse / cheaters
[12:30:21] <@Sophie> But I'm not cheating, they are
[12:30:21] <@Kuro> Dang.
[12:30:49] <@Kuro> Yeah, u recalled for Godsend and now one of his buddies does it on purpose.
[12:31:10] <@Kuro> Utter **** i tell u.
[12:32:19] <@Kuro> But he will still land. i think]

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I do not want a flame war. I really don't. I simply am posing this to you:

You speak of having a life and better things to do, so is it really worth the energy and attention to 'make them regret it'? To wreak havoc on those meddling kids?

Considering all the... posturing, for lack of a better word (nursery school pissing contests maybe?), wouldn't it be better to post results rather than more vague threats?

wicked witch of the west to dorothy: "i'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!"

minifreak

Pruner
Spy report on Ancient Aliens []successful:
Reported News
Mon 14th Mar, year 2. Early hours Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 3 ticks, 125,000,000 people from Nanomnomnom [] will arrive to attack you. Mob ETA was modified by +1 from: Attacking at 35-40% attack range.
Sun 13th Mar, year 2. Evening Unknown
We were unable to get any specific data on this news.
Sun 13th Mar, year 2. Afternoon Unknown
Sun 13th Mar, year 2. Noon Staff Recalled.
Staff Recalled.
Sun 13th Mar, year 2. Noon Unknown
Sun 13th Mar, year 2. Noon Unknown
Sun 13th Mar, year 2. Noon Incoming Hostiles
News from your sources is that in 5 ticks, 49,916,000 people from Heads or Tails. Live or Die. [] will arrive to attack you.

Sent by: Nanomnomnom [] Sun 07th Oct, 2012. 11:32:43 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Don't worry, you won't be landing.

You can count on me for that.

Private Sent by: Nanomnomnom []Sun 07th Oct, 2012. 11:32:26 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
You could have waited, you knew full well I send Tractors you fat *******.

Such a nice person you are Zaheen.

I hadn't even realised you'd sent, and haven't tractors been nerfed now so they are the same as gards?

antisback

Head Gardener
Why do you assume everyone does everything on purpose, maybe people don't see you every time?

I count 11 news items including 2 battle reports and 4 ticks between you and mini sending, you sent eta 8 not everyone is going to check for someone sending +1 with tractors.

Why do you always have to play the bullied victim - do you honestly not believe in coincidences?

minifreak

Pruner
Spy report on Ancient Aliens [] successful:
Reported News
Mon 14th Mar, year 2. Afternoon Unknown
Mon 14th Mar, year 2. Afternoon Government incoming defences
Sirens wailing, police cars screeched to a halt around our company, as 263,531,181 police set up defences.

Zaheen triggers intentially.

minifreak

Pruner
Sent by: Nanomnomnom []Sun 07th Oct, 2012. 12:23:24 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Zaheen 1
Minifreak 0

What have you proved? You are a cheat?

And can I just say -

An automated aid to help reduce the abuse of "mutual/intentional" AR triggering has been introduced - though it is only enabled one week in to a round (first week, flak wars etc., it is entirely disabled).

Every player that is responsible for triggering AR will get a "trigger counter" against them, that drops slowly over time (the time it takes to drop depends how often, and how recently, you have caused AR to arrive). This only applies if there is more than 1 attacker, and never applies to the very first attacker to arrive. "Responsibility" is given to any mob sent later than the first mob that has caused the AR to be sent.

For example, if three people launch on the same tick, landing on a solo on the same tick, and their combined score causes AR to arrive - but two of them alone wouldn't have triggered - the third person to launch "real-time wise" will receive a count against their total AR triggers (the first two to launch won't). Similarly, if another mob lands a tick later than you, causing AR to be re-calculated and arrive, that sender will be given a "trigger count", but you won't.

What does this trigger count do? Well, for the first few times you trigger, it won't do anything. And if there's large gaps between the times you have caused AR to arrive, again it won't do anything (it'll have had time to keep dropping back to 0). But if you are frequently causing AR to trigger, the government will start to get angry that you have been the cause of so much wasted government time and troops. At first you will start to receive some small honour drops, and a drop in your current AR modifier (not below 0) - and you'll get a news item telling you of this. If you continue to trigger AR, the honour drops will increase, and your AR mod will continue to drop. News items again will keep warning you of what is happening. Reach enough AR triggers though, and government troops will decide you are a time-waster, and will refuse to send troops to help you if you yourself come under attack, for a period of time (your own anti-rape is temporarily disabled) - plus the honour drops will become huge.

This system should not affect anyone playing the game "genuinely". This system should only start to cause problems for groups of players intentionally abusing the way the AR system works.

You are the first attacker so it doesn't count against you.

minifreak

Pruner
Love how you have to bring my weight in to it.

Doesn't make me a better or worse player or even a different person.

minifreak

Pruner
Such a nice person you are Zaheen.

I hadn't even realised you'd sent, and haven't tractors been nerfed now so they are the same as gards?
You've lead so many alliances and you're telling me you didn't see me?

I bet you all had a nice laugh in your IRC channel, but who's laughing now?

I am Minifreak, I am.

I've lead 1 alliance. And it won.

And that's the honest truth.

antisback

Head Gardener
Zaheen, you know the normal thing to do in these situations is to drop the guy who sent on your tick a message saying "hey dunno if you saw but you've sent a tick behind me, don't suppose you mind resending" not run straight to the forums and start a flame war by accusing people of cheating.

Before you post think:
Will this post add anything positive to the community.

If not, then don't post, it'll only get deleted anyway. :\

minifreak

Pruner
Zaheen - I've known you for a long time and please believe me when I say I didn't see you.

You are correct, I spied the target once to see if he was solo/allied and a second time to see what his AR might be.

I'd seen you'd sent further down the spy report with nano's and had converted some.

Add me to your friends list so I can mail you in game so I can ask you in future.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Zaheen Tourettes strikes again.

I lost my wager, I thought it would be half an hour or so after the promise he'd stop.

So when you say it costs us nothing? You're wrong, it just cost me a meaningless bet. Now I will seek revenge by seeking you out and hurling burning dog excrement at you.

Zaheen

BANNED
Zaheen - I've known you for a long time and please believe me when I say I didn't see you.

You are correct, I spied the target once to see if he was solo/allied and a second time to see what his AR might be.

I'd seen you'd sent further down the spy report with nano's and had converted some.

Add me to your friends list so I can mail you in game so I can ask you in future.
Why don't I believe you Mini?

Seriously, with all your nickname changes and all the past triggers and the fact I had waited.

Also I had loads of hacks on my news the moment I sent as if Godsend told you all I sent/bought Tractors.

I will trigger you every time if you do this to me once more.

What do you want me to say?

antisback, don't give me your crap about mailing people okay - you have all added me to ignore before I've ever sent any of you messages. If I didn't recall and trigger him he would not have recalled and I've waited almost 18 hours for this guys AR Mod to drop.

So if he landed, that'd be it, he would have gone out of range.

I sent mails, I sent nice ones to Mini but I shouldn't need to beg you to recall when you should learn how to spy. I do not believe you Minifreak, I am sorry but you did that on purpose just like LS_ ruined me on the start with over 25 triggers, you all did. You all stalked my targets and ruined them.

I am saving this spy report, and you can save it too.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TRIGGERED, now it can be the last if you guys stop slowing me down.

Zaheen

BANNED
Why do you assume everyone does everything on purpose, maybe people don't see you every time?

I count 11 news items including 2 battle reports and 4 ticks between you and mini sending, you sent eta 8 not everyone is going to check for someone sending +1 with tractors.

Why do you always have to play the bullied victim - do you honestly not believe in coincidences?
Yes, I do.

But not this many times.

I don't want to hear any more of your lies now, if you want to play dirty then I will organise triggers and piggies on all of your alliance, for the entire round.

None will be mutual either, I will train players how to piggy like I do it.

It will be your own fault, not mine.

Yours.

minifreak

Pruner
How am I supposed to add in your waiting time in to my calculations? Has azzer changed the game? The person who waits longer gets the land?

LS_

Pruner
hmm.

hmm.

I didn't trigger on you 25 times, liar.

I'm just better than you.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Zaheen Tourettes strikes again.

I lost my wager, I thought it would be half an hour or so after the promise he'd stop.

So when you say it costs us nothing? You're wrong, it just cost me a meaningless bet. Now I will seek revenge by seeking you out and hurling burning dog excrement at you.

I guess that means i won?! 3 seconds was spot on imo.