Injury and Experience

TehPantz

Head Gardener
I am not sure if i should have put this in gripes or suggestions so i played it safe.

I really like how insurance worked before Azzer got rid of it. It did need some tweaks in certain spots, but if we stuck with the insurance program instead of bailing and going to injury, it would improve gameplay. Injury is just not working in my opinion. We had a decent system for getting value back if you get zeroed so why change it and start from scratch?

Also i think that we should bring experience back. I see why a lot of people didn't like it because of the fact that your troops could still die when you think you outnumber your target 10:1. I think that it adds another fun layer to the game. Maybe Azzer could mix experience with insurance (or injury..i guess) in order to appropriate value received after being destroyed. Thanks for reading my suggestion/gripe.
:D

Also please forgive me if these topics have already arisen a few times. I didn't really check the rest of the forum :|

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Injury and Experience

Actually, the injury system is MUCH better than insurance as you get 80% back instead of the usual 25% with insurance.

As for XP, leave it... its dead. Way too unbalanced and abusable. It has been tweaked and tweaked... and tweaked and it was still unbalanced and abusable.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

your sig looks abusable. i abuse myself often and am very experienced at it... wait... i mean. anyway. the injury is a much higher return. in lots of ways better than cash.

Alvestein

Garden Designer

i don't really like getting higher injury returns. i mean sure its great, i can go out and kill someone, get killed myself and then some of my troops return, but the fact is no one is dying in the game anymore. you have to be able to grow alot faster in the game to be able to even stay at your rank let alone get higher, whereas before people would attack and peoples values would drop pushing the survivors higher. now we just get whoever can land whore the most. even suiciding isn't that fun anymore and that used to be the highlight of my days :(

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i thought the point of injuries was for those slightly less active that come on and play. they dont want to have no men and no land and a pile of cash. It seems a better alternative to give them some injury return than cash. as cash doesnt stop 10k geos. 60-80% of your troops remaining 3 hrs afterwards does. just how i view it.

Augustus

Head Gardener

As a 'lawful' player in previous rounds i was a fan of exp. The more you had the easier it was to launch successful lawful attacks. But with the removal of l/f, exp wont function properly. Injury is far better for the main reason that if zeroed whilst asleep, 2-3 hours later troops will be back and seeds will be harvested. There is the downside that people are harder to kill, but this has led to one of the closest runs for the top alliance position. Azzer needs to tweak the system to prevent exploitation of its weaknesses, but overall the changes have been beneficial.