Homepage Easter Egg?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Cal showed me this a while ago but i thought he was BS'ing me.
Not sure if this has been posted before, but for anyone who hasnt seen it-

* Go to Bushtarion.com home page.
* Click anywhere left of the main logo ... about half way in between the logo and the link to the forums.
* Press tab once or twice.
* Press enter.

:!:

Two links to myspace pages are linked in 2 pixels of the main logo! :eek:
Straaaaaaaaange.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: Homepage Easter Egg?

The pixels are in the eyes of the skeleton. Hover over it, and your mouse changes to a pointing hand. We had a discussion about this 'easter-egg' on IRC lately, and have been trying to get more information about possible other hidden 'features'. Apparently there's a lot to discover, but it's very hard to find it. (azzer gave us a tip - ie something james bond-ish happens when you have SA and do certain things, something related to jurassic park if you have t-rex and do another certain thing, etc..)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i bet there is one for every purchase unit. i hope so at leasty any way. well except you cant do that much with sentries. have you tried hiring 007 secret agents or something?

Darryl

Head Gardener

Maxi said:
The pixels are in the eyes of the skeleton. Hover over it, and your mouse changes to a pointing hand

Only one of them, the other is in the "." of the yellow question-mark.

http://www.myspace.com/krowbarbeats

Notice how the writing on the wall of the picture begins with "Kro" under the skull and crossbones.

Also, look in the page-source.

Code:
<map name="easter_friends">
<area shape="rect" coords="206,334,206,334" href="http://www.myspace.com/krowbarbeats" target="_BLANK">
<area shape="rect" coords="87,409,87,409" href="http://www.myspace.com/click4phil" target="_BLANK">
<area shape="default" nohref>

</map>

"EASTER" friends, eh?

I found this several months ago, and spent ages trying to find more, but it was time wasted. :(

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

We need more easter-eggs. Most are way too hard to find atm. Go Borg cube (- Age 3 was it?)! :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

its when the ticks were first changed to stop the server missing ticks in havoc. when it said 7 of 9 on 'the game is now ticking' message, you would get a message from a borg cube in your news. that was awsome.

Ps. Jeri Ryan was so hot as 7 of 9.

EDIT
i missread age three for round three. was just about to say i thought it was round 8or9 :S

Dennis

Harvester

Maxi said:
The pixels are in the eyes of the skeleton. Hover over it, and your mouse changes to a pointing hand. We had a discussion about this 'easter-egg' on IRC lately, and have been trying to get more information about possible other hidden 'features'. Apparently there's a lot to discover, but it's very hard to find it. (azzer gave us a tip - ie something james bond-ish happens when you have SA and do certain things, something related to jurassic park if you have t-rex and do another certain thing, etc..)

Yeah, I think Hiuey and me were begging Azzer for info on that ;)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i dont think this counts as an easter egg. but its strange and would like it explained to me

but go to your friends page add a friend and instead of putting in words you put in symbols and some of them come out different to how they go in

" = "
£ = £
& = &
< = <
> = >
¬ = ¬

i dont know why. also if you put & it turns into & and when you click edit it stays as &amp, so when you click add friend for a second time it says

&amp;

and you can keep click edit then add friend and it goes bigger :D

lol yes i am that sad but it kept me entertained for 2 minutes

TehPantz

Head Gardener

Heres my theory:

Azzer is a part time DJ at night. He mixes his own music in his basement when no one is around then posts them on myspace to share with the world.

http://www.myspace.com/krowbarbeats

Isn't bad music either. Good job Azzer. You should come out of the anonymous stage and proclaim to the world that you are indeed founder of Krow Bar Beats.