Church Bloopers

Illumination

Head Gardener
These sentences appeared in church bulletins

>>The sermon this morning: Jesus Walks on the Water. The sermon tonight: Searching for Jesus.
>>Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
>> The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
>> Don?t let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
>> Miss Charlene Mason sang "I Will Not Pass This Way Again" giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
>> For those of you who have children and don"t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
>> Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
>> Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24th in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
>> At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be What Is Hell?? Come early and listen to our choir practice.
>> Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
>> Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
>> Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - Prayer and medication to follow.
>>The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
>>This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
>> Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
>> Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
>> The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare"s Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
>> Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double doors at the side entrance.
>> The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday : I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours