• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Bounty...

Shyslywolf

Weeder
So I have not been playing for a couple years, and decided to jump in and play a round or two. It has been a lot of fun, but I realized that the game still has it's problems. take for instance, alliance vs solo you really almost need two different games going... one for solo players and one for alliance play, because every attack that I sent against an alliance had at least 4 defenders... that is unrealistic for a non-suicidal solo player to get anywhere with an active alliance. I am sure that that one has been beat to death though.

The real reason for my post was that I would love to see a bounty system set up where we can assign a bounty on someone's head. say you kill 50, 60, 90% or even all of their troops they you receive the bounty that was donated for the kill. With the routes all having at least one to two routes that can pawn them every time, there is always someone that we cannot kill. Why not pay to have someone else do it? If I am a pom, I get decimated by anyone with armor, if I am a SO, I cannot stop a pom. someone would argue if you have enough troops you could, but the reality is that is not true. take for instance a pom vs a striker route... 3 mil strikers and 3 mil apackee's will get through on 40 mil poms. probably the same ratio with CW and Tyrants vs pom. This round I went with puppets, and I have been pretty active. I made it all the way to dreaded, but I can still be leveled by someone a quarter of my size. in these instances, I would love to pay someone to smack down the guys that keep coming for me. What are your thoughts? I doubt anything will change as nothing seems to have changed in the couple years I have been gone, but I figured I would say something as it would make an interesting twist.

d00ner

Pruner
The reason you can get 'levelled by someone half your size' is that your route is not good against thier route. You have scissors, they have rock. Solo's can attack alliances no problem, and be succesfull. Look at the higher ranked solos, using the games bounty system to make 3T losses acceptable, by earning 60% of what they kill. Plus insurance, its relatively easy to turn a profit whilst killing a good amount of troops. You just have to use your troop ratios to target certain other routes.

Shyslywolf

Weeder
The reason you can get 'levelled by someone half your size' is that your route is not good against thier route. You have scissors, they have rock. Solo's can attack alliances no problem, and be succesfull. Look at the higher ranked solos, using the games bounty system to make 3T losses acceptable, by earning 60% of what they kill. Plus insurance, its relatively easy to turn a profit whilst killing a good amount of troops. You just have to use your troop ratios to target certain other routes.

I understand the way it works, I just think that the concept is flawed. I know all about using my troop ratios for attacking other routs... the idea with a puppet master is to take poms, then so's then go after other routes that can pawn the heavier armor classes like rpg's, harriers or f117's. Stoney was a great example of that this round, but he is a rarity. about 85% of the people playing are CW/Tyrant, Strikers/apache's or harrier/ranger or the dragon classes because they take no effort to just totally smash the other routes with almost no losses. They just have too much armor. I have been playing since w1, r 33. and I just think that things have not changed. That said my post was intended to be about allowing people to enact revenge when they DO play the other weaker routes by placing a bounty on someone's head. It would be a unique twist to allow people to get revenge... it could say... "you have a 3,000,000,000 bounty on your head by Boo yah and a base government bounty of 5%. I think it would be a neat concept.

d00ner

Pruner
Missed that. In that case, disregard my earlier post. the green/red titles assigned to players are to do with honour and fame, not score.