Antisback's Bushtarion Toolkit: Android App v0.9b

antisback

Head Gardener
About as simple as a bushtarion app can get. Using phonegap I merely load the site then inject css and some javascript directly into webapp to get the site to render properly on a mobile.

This is still an early beta, I only have one phone and one id so I'm looking to you the community to do my testing for me. Please report back any bugs or comments you may have (state your phone make and model please - screenshots would be wonderful).

Finally before anyone asks, I cannot make one for iPhones, apple being staunch open source supporters insist you own a mac if you wish to develop for the iPhone, however - as I am using phonegap in theory I can give the source code (when it's completed) to someone who does who can compile it for me.

Known issues:
-DofG formatting gets affected and looks horrendous
-Message outbox hides wrong cell so cant see messages
-Maintanence box width doesnt fit onto one line
-Land plants table on the overview is pretty ugly, could do with tidying up.
-Alliance quicklink shows even if you are not allied
-Supply depot formatting issue (inline block whitespace issue) same with hiring page
-Loading speed (sometimes takes a second or so to actually inject the css). Probably due to loading in jquery, will rewrite the js to use vanilla.
-Alliance pages not done yet (I'm solo - will do it when I can get someones source code for the ally pages and I'll style it like that).
-Couple of formatting issues, some bits could look nicer, will polish things up when it's completed.

Download:
Download and install the following link on your phone:
Download

Roadmap:
-Figure out an alternative to hovers
-Inject toolkit features into the page.
-Slowly move away from css and towards fetching and redisplaying with socket requests.

Screenshots:
appscreens.png

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
It's a good point. I'll also take kudos for the question and testing taking part in my whatsapp group.

It's where dreams are made reality, gentlemen.

AnTnEy

Harvester
Just downloaded it, looks ok just a few things. None of the links are there. Like alliance overview, military, maintenance,etc.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Kudos + 1billion for a stellar effort, Ant.

This looks very promising and I'll be following closely.

thumbs_up.jpg

antisback

Head Gardener
Just downloaded it, looks ok just a few things. None of the links are there. Like alliance overview, military, maintenance,etc.

Very top of the page theres a bar that says menu, click it an the menu pops out, i'll make it clearer in the release i build tonight

AnTnEy

Harvester
Got it, I'm sure you will make it more to everyone's liking including your own. I'm just waiting to see your toolkit in it now.Great work and keep it up.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Just had a quick look, a nice start but I'll give some feedback.

Too many taps to access links. The menu should open from the side like the inbuilt Android menus. This would open via menu soft key or an onscreen menu icon. Have the most commonly used links at the top of the menu for quick easy access. I.e. Military, Maintenance, Supply Depot, Hiring and Alliance Overview. Maybe you could have these 5 fixed at the top of the screen as they are in the current menu, so they are instantly accessible. The rest can come further down the side menu.

On hiring page get rid of descriptions. They take up unnecessary room. Or hide them. E.g. put button to right of unit name which pushes down hiring options below to expose description below relevant unit. Pressing again hides it again. Just like how your menu currently works.
I would also put tooltip info under an expanding button.
All the numbers probably won't fit on one line with text box, but the current layout isn't ideal. The available units, injured units and total units are not on the same line. No one is interested in anything but total number on hiring page. So hide the other numbers under a button like the descriptions. Once you hide the useless ****, you can look at laying out the rest more efficiently.

On the military page the total, away and home numbers are again not on the same line. There is enough room so there must be something wrong with the layout. Include eta, type and targeting next to name. E.g.
Wheelbarrower: steals land [close], ETA 5.

But yes I realise you aren't anywhere near done with formatting and probably noticed this.

Also what is up with some of the permissions, like location and accounts? Is that because of the webapp?

Can you have some URL filter to not load certain images? Like the logon screen background? Just wasted bandwidth which is something you usually want to consider when using mobile data, especially if you don't have much.

But I must applaud your effort so far. Good work.

Steve_God

Official Helper
You are a legend...
Normally I'd be over this like a rash and giving it some proper testing - however this round I'm currently sitting out so I can get the 'Blast from the Past' achievement, so can't even make an account to test it.

Looks good though! :)

Yeadon

Harvester
What Steve_God is trying to say is, he is currently all over women like a rash instead.

The application will have to take a back seat for now.